Back on topic...

Posted via CB10
    If or when you decide to do a security wipe and start over I recommend not loading a backup onto it. I would set all your setting to your preference manually. I have found that the problem with backups is if there is a glitch or bug in there it could theoretically be loaded back in again. To be sure I would set all your settings and load the core BB10 apps you know you need then test. If everything tests ok load all the extra BB10 apps and test again. If everything test ok again then proceed with Android apps. This would be my process of elimination

Good Luck

Posted via CB10
    03-02-17 03:42 PM
    I have the same Problems all of a sudden.

Do I smell a rat in the kitchen?
    I wasn't going to claim conspiracy, but it does seem suspicious. During the week of the KeyONE announcement, 10.3.3 starts acting wonky (when 10.3.3 had been rock solid in the weeks prior).

It's one way to force loyal users to the new hotness/Google honeypot.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-17 03:47 PM
    I wasn't going to claim conspiracy, but it does seem suspicious. During the week of the KeyONE announcement, 10.3.3 starts acting wonky (when 10.3.3 had been rock solid in the weeks prior).

It's one way to force loyal users to the new hotness/Google honeypot.

Posted via CB10
    I have been watching this problematic update evolve and it started with the update release. Not sure of when the carriers made it available across the globe but it's been brewing for a while now. Maybe I was seeing Autoloaders earlier in but non the less it's been a problem. After being on iPhone for some time and jailbreaking I've learned the wait and see approach

I'm just happy I have been able to kill that damn update notification for now. It was a constant reminder of the desolate desert we've been abandoned in lol.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-17 03:54 PM
    Honestly, BlackBerry was never designed for Android apps. I must be a true dinosaur. I don't use any Android apps. I doubt I'd update to 10.3.3 because of all the trouble.
    BlackBerry is truly wrecking their reputation the way it's handling OS10 users. It's not ready to move govt and high-security accounts to Android, so I'm scratching my head as to just what BlackBerry may be thinking.

Is it supporting one government at a time? Have we all become convinced that if the news of BlackBerry isn't on CrackBerry, that there is no news of BlackBerry?

Clearly, CB is motivated to stay the Android course and relegate we OS10'rs to the margin, or beyond.

BlackBerry just isn't going to be able to leave government and other large-mass accounts to flail about, so I wonder, where is a reliable source for BlackBerry information that would be an option to CB?

Oh, well. My Passport keeps being the steady business partner I need, so I'm thoroughly happy about that!
    03-03-17 05:03 AM
    I have had weirdness with 10.3 but I think there was something else going on.
    I had text messages disappearing and the "group collective" known as CB suggested a clean install with an autoloader or Sachesi. This problem happened on my 10.3.2 install.
    So I did Sachesi and backed up the phone using Sachesi.
    Things got worse and the texts would disappear, crash city for the rest.
    I did a newer install of 2205 and tried to put on the backup I made with Sachesi but it would not take. So I put in an older backup which was a Z10 backup. That didn't help.
    However I then used ultimate backup, and saved what I could and did another clean install. After a few days it seemed to settle, and so far it's ok, for about 2 weeks.
    I discovered that the old backup had texts going to 2014, so I think that was possible part of the problem.
    Another issue was that on my OG unlocked phone, is that as I use ATT, ATT had an update as well which I also ran. That made everything...higgedly piggedly.
    Also during the initial 2205 for some reason it stopped and I autoloadered 2 more times on the same weekend. Such fun.
    And as an aside, although I don't think it's a grand conspiracy against BB10 users, I do think they are just getting rid of whatever without regard to what happens. I also feel that sometimes we holdouts are like the guy at Mt. St. Helens who said the volcano wasn't going to spew in his direction (guess): meaning that it'll just get harder as we go along. Resistance is futile.
    So OP I suggest using ultimate backup, then do a clean 2205 install with an autoloader.
    As an aside Thurasks archive of 10.3.3 2205 seemed better than the CB link. Weird, right?
    As to longevity, that's only so long as these devices do what you need.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Mattster723; 03-03-17 at 07:59 AM.
    03-03-17 06:14 AM
    I'm on the latest version of the OS and am experiencing zero problems. 10.3.3.2205.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    03-03-17 06:23 AM
    I am also on the latest version, using the SE passport. Works perfect. I had a tons of apps and email before the last upgrade, lots of android stuff. The phone went nuts after the up grade. I did a security wipe and reload from scratch. Then loaded only the apps I really use. Phone is now perfect.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-17 07:41 AM
    My Passport had been running better than ever when 10.3.3 released, but now, all of a sudden (within the past week), my Passport is acting buggier than ever.

The Web Bowser regularly hangs up, sort of freezing in a way where I can't search or go to a web page. Gotta close and reopen, works after that. This is regular...a few times a day.

Right now my volume keys and mute key are not working at all. I bet they'll work after a reboot, but still an odd, new bug. A serious one, really, at least in a business/appearances setting where it could prove embarrassing.

Hub crashed, all white, and could not be restarted with the 5-swipes in the upper right corner. Had to reboot the phone entirely.

Phone app crashed, could not be reopened. Had to reboot the phone entirely. This is the worst issue, imo.

Anyone else experienced a sudden bout of 10.3.3 bugs? Still love BB10, and maybe autoloading 10.3.3 fresh might fix things, at least for awhile, I don't know.

Posted via CB10
    When I updated I had issues as well, a clean install and poof back to as smooth as silk.
    03-03-17 08:04 AM
    If this were apple or Samsung (both who I despise)

Posted via CB10
    Why do you despise them? Just curious?(I don't like apple either)
    03-03-17 10:52 AM
    Why do you despise them? Just curious?(I don't like apple either)
    We will start with Apple:
    I do not like the over pricing of storage in the phones and lack of SD card slot as to deter users from adding thier own music from their computers through a clunky iTunes interface that isn't user friendly. With no file system like PC, Android, bb BB10 you have to rely the apps and the info or media is locked in that app.
    The proprietary accessories and devices make it expensive when a household had a variety of devices not apple. The lack of customization has improved but is still far behind Android or a Jailbroken iPhone. By that I also mean, apple makes you do things their way and it's difficult to do it any other way then how they dictate.
    They have to have controls of your wallet. For example you can't just take your phone to a third party repair shop to get the touch ID or screen digitizer fixed or you will get an error code. They want you to only let them fix it and have you buy their apple care.

Samsung:
    Samsung phone are so bloated with bloat ware that it slows the phone down and can increase data mining x2 due to not only Google gathering your info but Samsung as well. You have to Root the device to remove the bloat ware and regain resources. The bloat ware also can cause apps to not work properly due to conflict of resources. I have had that happen and I know this to be the case cause the apps notified me of the issue with a Samsung device.

The BlackBerry / Android phones seem to be a great alternative being able to run very close to stock Android and you are able to uninstall the software if you choose to.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 03-03-17 at 06:17 PM.
    03-03-17 11:48 AM
    My Passport had been running better than ever when 10.3.3 released, but now, all of a sudden (within the past week), my Passport is acting buggier than ever.

The Web Bowser regularly hangs up, sort of freezing in a way where I can't search or go to a web page. Gotta close and reopen, works after that. This is regular...a few times a day.

Right now my volume keys and mute key are not working at all. I bet they'll work after a reboot, but still an odd, new bug. A serious one, really, at least in a business/appearances setting where it could prove embarrassing.

Hub crashed, all white, and could not be restarted with the 5-swipes in the upper right corner. Had to reboot the phone entirely.

Phone app crashed, could not be reopened. Had to reboot the phone entirely. This is the worst issue, imo.

Anyone else experienced a sudden bout of 10.3.3 bugs? Still love BB10, and maybe autoloading 10.3.3 fresh might fix things, at least for awhile, I don't know.

Posted via CB10
    I can't understand why. I have updated 3 passports. Two silver and one white and they are all perfect running please don't think they are not. I am careful when I update these. I don't blitz anymore and prefer fresh installs. No backup restores either.

Sent from one of my SE Passports using BB10 superior software.
    03-03-17 11:57 AM
    read my 10.3.3 self-destruct thread. unfortunately, if you want to run 10.3.3 worry-free, you should use an autoloader. this means a fresh install, and yes, you should only load the apps you really use. not every bb10 user will do this, nor will they read through cb forums if they are having trouble. this is the sad truth about blackberry..they truly are shooting themselves in the foot...over and over again. #lastphone #bestphone #passport .

Posted via CBX
    03-03-17 12:13 PM
    read my 10.3.3 self-destruct thread. unfortunately, if you want to run 10.3.3 worry-free, you should use an autoloader. this means a fresh install, and yes, you should only load the apps you really use. not every bb10 user will do this, nor will they read through cb forums if they are having trouble. this is the sad truth about blackberry..they truly are shooting themselves in the foot...over and over again. #lastphone #bestphone #passport .

Posted via CBX
    Unfortunately they are just laughing at BB10 users laying bets on how long we can swim in the BB10 waters before drowning. They don't care and hope that we do move on to their BlackDroid phones.

They just don't care my friend. It's never been so clear.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-17 04:04 PM
    I've autoloader the 10.3.3 and so far everything is good

Posted via  Passport
    03-09-17 08:54 AM
    I have 3.1435, and no bugs recently, but high battery usage. I have learned that I can no longer leave the browser open (worse with multiple pages open). So far today, I have been off charge for 4 hours - Battery is at 68%, Device Monitor reads: Display 10%, System 7.2%, Stand by 2.8%, Browser 2.5%, Camera 2.1%, PIM Services 1.3%. I have sent 2 texts, no phone calls, 1 short email, a few photos, 10 minutes browsing the Internet. This is a lite day, so my battery usage is less than average, but this latest update seems to have some issue with the display. How can the display (set at about 40% brightness) be consuming 10% of battery usage, when the display might have been ON for maybe a half hour. Any thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    03-09-17 09:25 AM
    You're welcome

Posted via CB10
    03-09-17 11:37 AM
    Idk if it's just ME but my android runtime is starting to get a little volatile whenever I use either reddit sync or spotify. The apps will hang for about 25 seconds, android message pops up asking me if I want to close and then the app will go back to normal. This happens 95% of the time with these two apps after being idle for a short amount of time

Posted via Nokia  3310
    03-11-17 08:36 AM
    Idk if it's just ME but my android runtime is starting to get a little volatile whenever I use either reddit sync or spotify. The apps will hang for about 25 seconds, android message pops up asking me if I want to close and then the app will go back to normal. This happens 95% of the time with these two apps after being idle for a short amount of time

Posted via Nokia  3310
    I use 8Tracks. The app or website work great

Posted via CB10
    03-11-17 04:40 PM
    I am on 10.3.3.2205. Never had an issue since the update. In fact, I have a much better experience than 10.3.2. I flashed 10.3.3.2205 via autoloader from the link provided by Thurask in the crackberry forums. Initially, I too was hesitant to make the update. But, ever since updating it to the latest OS, I have had lesser device heating and better ram management. The browser crashes which I had with my 10.3.2 was making me feel miserable. Thanks to the update, now there is a sense of everlasting peace. :-)

Posted via CB10
    03-12-17 12:10 AM
    No problem at all with 10.3.3. But I allways update with an autoloader. Fresh install. And most problems are because of Android apps. Still got the idea the Android runtime make the BB10 unstable. So only using 2 Android apps without a problem. Also have a Leap,and also stable with 10.3.3

Posted via CB10
    03-12-17 03:04 PM
    Do you run a lot of stuff from your SD card by any chance? If so, maybe you have a bad sd card? Just a thought.
    03-12-17 06:36 PM
    Had to go back to. 2163, emails stopped syncing, texts stopped, contacts lost, browser freezing or not loading. Got rid of the sideload of Google playstore and all that other jazz. So far all is good. Couldn't say what was the cause too many variables really.

Love my PPSE - trade it for KeyOne?
    03-12-17 07:27 PM
    It seems that Android apps are mucking up 10.3.3... ?

BlackBerry isn't designed to work with them, organically, right?

This issue is freaking out everyone who doesn't pay such close attention. So, if it's all the jacked-up ways to pimp da Berrie, stop jacking them up, right? Or stop complaining... am I missing something here?
    palewhiteninja likes this.
    03-12-17 07:40 PM
    It seems that Android apps are mucking up 10.3.3... ?

BlackBerry isn't designed to work with them, organically, right?

This issue is freaking out everyone who doesn't pay such close attention. So, if it's all the jacked-up ways to pimp da Berrie, stop jacking them up, right? Or stop complaining... am I missing something here?
    Come again?

Posted via CB10
    03-12-17 07:44 PM
    I'm on 10.3.3.2163, and it's been fine, except I've been seeing some cellular connection issues. But that might be a T-Mobile Thing.
    However, I'd like to know about this "reboot with 5 swipes in the upper right corner" business. Is that really a thing?

BPWiebe on the beautiful Silver Edition Passport.
    03-12-17 08:46 PM
52 123