Am still on 10.3.0 on my passport. My first BlackBerry and loving it. Have held off upgrading due to loss of flash. Big user of BBC website which uses flash for videos. Have avoided using android apps due to all the reports about poor battery life. What do other users do???
    04-12-15 12:54 PM
    Which BBC site do you use? Some have converted to html5 video

Posted via CB10
    04-12-15 12:59 PM
    I'm able to watch BBC video just fine on 10.3.1

Posted via CB10
    04-12-15 01:00 PM
    Just upgrade to 10.3.1 and then side load Flash browser. Do a quick search of CB to find the post.
    04-12-15 01:04 PM
    04-12-15 01:17 PM
    Just did it as well via that link. Adobe Flash is now back using native BB10 browser. For pretty much 99.9% of my browsing needs...I use the default browser and for those websites that need/can't function without Flash, then I use the Flash browser.

After testing and knowing that the native BB10 browser with flash works perfectly albeit having two browsers side by side...I finally uninstalled Dolphin Android browser along with the Flash plugin. Dolphin did the job but was slow and cumbersome in opening and opening/launching flash content.

10.3.1 upgrade v loss of flash-img_20150412_122827_edit.png

 BlackBerry Passport on Telus Network
    Last edited by qphone; 04-13-15 at 08:19 AM.
    04-12-15 02:32 PM
    Thanks for the suggestions. It's a pity there isn't a flash browser in the blackberry store.
    04-13-15 06:09 AM
    I've also held of upgrading to 10.3.1 due to reports of WiFi issues.

Anyone else in the same boat?

Posted via CB10 on my Passport
    04-13-15 07:17 AM

I'm on the latest official update, no wifi issues to speak of. Occasional signal issues but that may be due to the service and not the phone. Also having trouble swiping to wake. Requires 2 swipes to unlock now instead of 1. Not a deal-breaker though.

 = ♥
    04-13-15 07:32 AM
    I'm on the latest official update, no wifi issues to speak of. Occasional signal issues but that may be due to the service and not the phone. Also having trouble swiping to wake. Requires 2 swipes to unlock now instead of 1. Not a deal-breaker though.

 = ♥
    About the 2 swipes to unlock. Try swiping up from the bottom center of screen over keys E to I and not over Q,W,O or P. The phone would ignore your swipe if you swipe over those. Also the 2 swipes to unlock only seems to occur your swipe is short and quick. If you slow down your swipe a bit and do it in a more deliberate manner it would unlock with one swipe. Try it and see.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-15 08:10 AM
    About the 2 swipes to unlock. Try swiping up from the bottom center of screen over keys E to I and not over Q,W,O or P. The phone would ignore your swipe if you swipe over those. Also the 2 swipes to unlock only seems to occur your swipe is short and quick. If you slow down your swipe a bit and do it in a more deliberate manner it would unlock with one swipe. Try it and see.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah I figured out the E swipe from another thread :P doing it slowly seems to work, thanks for the tip!

 = ♥
    04-13-15 09:14 AM
    Thanks for the suggestions. It's a pity there isn't a flash browser in the blackberry store.
    Note that all the suggestions above with the old browser work fine, except if you watch BBC World News live at livestation.
    For that, the old flash in the browser is obsolete and you need something like the photon android browser. The latter though does not have the same resolution as the BlackBerry flash driver. Unfortunately, nothing is as good in terms of desktop resolution as the old flash browser from BlackBerry.

For the bbc website, you can use the new 10.3.1 browser but make sure you turn off desktop mode for the videos to play.
    Some videos will still require flash. In that case you have to run the old browser in desktop mode.
    The same goes for the bbc world service radio player. It works in the new browser only if you turn off desktop mode.
    04-13-15 02:55 PM

I'm in the same boat. For a number of reasons. The first official OTA update completely F-ed up my Passport and I had to restore everything from scratch. I also use websites with flash. In addition to that I've read about a bunch of new issues appearing after the update (the screen flicker issue seems to be the most common). Finally, my Passport works very well now (OS 10.3.0.1418) and I don't want to jeopardise that in any way. The few issues I have now on that OS version are all just minor software glitches (no screen flickering or Wi-Fi or any other serious issues). I don't want to risk getting brand new ones, of a possibly more serious nature. If it works, why try to fix it? I'm not going to update my Passport unless BlackBerry adds something really worthwhile. So far I cannot really see the advantages 10.3.1 has over 10.3.0. There are certainly not enough advantages, for me personally, that I'm aware of that's worth the risk of having to do another factory reset and restore everything from scratch again.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-15 03:33 PM