So I got the update and it was fine, but now when i open apps some of them flash rapidly. By that I mean like when a tv gets bad reception, it flashes black over the app. Anyone else having this issue?

Posted via CB10
    savelandia153 and thedose like this.
    10-30-14 11:47 PM
    Yes having same issue, also I'm having a weird thing popup in bottom left hand corner similar to a frame won't close has bunch of coding I don't understand
    10-31-14 12:05 AM
    Swipe down from battery icon to remove

In Squircle I Trust
    David Aguilera likes this.
    10-31-14 12:06 AM
    Same. Phone seemed better before the update

Posted via CB10
    10-31-14 12:14 AM
    Are you guys talking about 10.3.1 official from AT&T?

I'm holding off on this release / update for the Passport, until the situation is clarified, even if Telstra / Optus (my carriers) make it available in the meantime. Also the loss of flash doesn't seem to make it worth it...

Any take on that?

Zzzzwiped from a Zedevice....
    10-31-14 12:33 AM
    Are you guys talking about 10.3.1 official from AT&T?

I'm holding off on this release / update for the Passport, until the situation is clarified, even if Telstra / Optus (my carriers) make it available in the meantime. Also the loss of flash doesn't seem to make it worth it...

Any take on that?

Zzzzwiped from a Zedevice....
    Yes att official. I am still lost as to the reasoning of the update, but I've done a hard reset several times now. I also noticed that when you hold the power buttons down, you can no longer hold until the circular loading screen pops up, if you hold it past the red led and BlackBerry screen it kills it and then starts up again. Strange...

Posted via CB10
    10-31-14 12:42 AM
    I think it's unfortunate to take away a feature like Flash (I kind of remember enjoying the ability to access things on my phone that some on their iPhones couldn't) but isn't Flash itself being phased out of everything? Once everything is HTML5 won't that eliminate the need for it?
    PS - I am way out of my element here and barely know what "HTML" is, let alone Flash or HTML5. Just trying to be optimistic and I am sure that BlackBerry has their reasons for eliminating it.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    10-31-14 12:45 AM
    Yes att official. I am still lost as to the reasoning of the update, but I've done a hard reset several times now. I also noticed that when you hold the power buttons down, you can no longer hold until the circular loading screen pops up, if you hold it past the red led and BlackBerry screen it kills it and then starts up again. Strange...

Posted via CB10
    Would an AT&T update actually be working correctly? My understanding is that updates from carriers are carrier specific (when you get the phone through a carrier).

Unlocked devices should work best with BlackBerry direct updates.

Using Blackberry Passport via AT&T
    10-31-14 12:46 AM
    Everything seems to be running smoothly and so far better than before. The only issue I'm having is that the ring tone and message alerts don't seem to be as loud as the previous build.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-14 01:48 AM
    Everything seems to be running smoothly and so far better than before. The only issue I'm having is that the ring tone and message alerts don't seem to be as loud as the previous build.

Posted via CB10
    Go to the specific profile settings and edit the volumes from there.

Typed on my square wonder thingie.
    10-31-14 01:51 AM
    Have I been off crackberry for that long?! Where did this update come from? Is 10.3.1 officially out now?

Windmere
    10-31-14 03:17 AM
    This OS is a beta build again, hence you can pull up the diagnostics by swiping the top left corner of the screen. Still lots of bugs and pretty bad lag.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-14 04:05 AM
    I'm on ATT and didn't get this 10.3.1 update. Whenever I check it says up to date. How are you getting this update? With some trickery or it came OTA?
    10-31-14 04:14 AM
    I'm on ATT and didn't get this 10.3.1 update. Whenever I check it says up to date. How are you getting this update? With some trickery or it came OTA?
    It was pulled, can't get it anymore.
    fucsia and kabel_mk like this.
    10-31-14 04:23 AM
    Go to the specific profile settings and edit the volumes from there.

Typed on my square wonder thingie.
    Thanks buddy, but I already had done that, which is why I was saying that the volume is lower in general.

Thanks anyways.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-14 06:04 AM

Posted via CB10
    That was the case when I got my passport, it's nothing new. Been doing it since 10.3.0.625

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 O2 UK
    10-31-14 06:10 AM
    Seems to have happen to me as well, the flashing of the screen. But I am thinking that since it was a big update everything is still indexing. I did a hard reset and right now everything seem fine.

9000----->Torch----->9900----->Z10------>Passport
    10-31-14 06:32 AM
    It acted strange at first right after the game update, but now it's working fine. My guess is that this is the OS that will come on the AT&T Passport when they release it and they didn't realize some of us bought it from BlackBerry directly unlocked and released it.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-14 07:04 AM
    Thanks for the input ya'll! Mine seems to be acting better now as well. Hopefully everything is sorted out now.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-14 09:15 AM
    Would an AT&T update actually be working correctly? My understanding is that updates from carriers are carrier specific (when you get the phone through a carrier).

Unlocked devices should work best with BlackBerry direct updates.

Using Blackberry Passport via AT&T
    I don't think so, carriers need to approve the update for OTA on their network, but I believe the update file is from blackberry, unmodified. I think some settings that are carrier-specific, are submitted to blackberry prior to the update. I also think the updates contain settings for many carriers around the globe, and not just settings for the carrier who distributes the update.
    10-31-14 09:39 AM
    So I got the update and it was fine, but now when i open apps some of them flash rapidly. By that I mean like when a tv gets bad reception, it flashes black over the app. Anyone else having this issue?

Posted via CB10
    Had this as well. I upgraded using blitz process. After 24 hours or so, my contacts app started doing this. Would show the contact name but when selecting would just drop to the home screen. Red lashed using autoloader and will be watching closely to see if it happens again.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-14 09:50 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yes, but other than that it seems very fluid to me (aside from the first 15 minutes, which the OS was clearly doing some updating in the background)
    10-31-14 09:53 AM
    I believe this update was a SNAFU from AT&T. They turned in on by mistake and turned I back off shortly after it was known to the public. I tried 2 times to install it and at 97 percent installed it would fail. Now I am kind of glad it did considering it seems to have been premature and not quite ready it seems.

Posted via CB10 on the awesome Passport
    10-31-14 10:21 AM
    Yeah. It's not a good OS.

I have had the exact same problems doing a non-destructive upgrade too.

I guess I will downgrade back to official!

Posted via CB10
    10-31-14 10:28 AM
    I had the screen flickering shortly after the update. I was trying to use the device right away and I think the OS didn't have time to fully update and reorganize itself. It is not an issue now.

I am seeing lower notification sound than before. But I went to the settings and up the volume little bit. It works fine now.
    10-31-14 10:38 AM
64 123