Has anyone using a factory unlocked Passport on AT&T gotten this update? I keep checking, and it won't show up...
    Perhaps I need to remove the SIM card in order to be eligible to receive it?
    Anyone have a definitive answer, from their own past experience, before I go through the trouble?

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 05:39 PM
    I am using an ATT sim in an unlocked Passport. You will not get the update unless you do one of the following:

Install via Sachesi
    Purchase a Rogers nano sim from ebay and put in phone with phone on wifi
    Use an autoloader

As ATT does not have this phone yet they have not released a software update and you could wait months to receive. I used Sachesi and it works perfectly. Phone is quicker and the number keys stay up. Only down side was a small time bug that the calendar defaults to a different time zone but this was easily fixed by changing time zones a couple of times. I recommend the purchase of the Rogers nano sim on ebay as it is less than $10 and you can receive all Rogers approved updates without having to play with the phone very much. Good luck.
    shakingthrough likes this.
    10-12-14 06:02 PM
    PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 appears to be Rogers only, at least for now. So the only way to get it (for now) is Sachesi/autoloader/Rogers nano SIM.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 06:03 PM
    Ugh. Alright. I'm away from my PC this weekend, and I was hoping that a factory unlocked device would receive updates pushed directly from BlackBerry, even if it required removing the SIM.
    It looks like I'll be waiting a couple of days. Thanks guys!

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 06:53 PM
    BlackBerry is busy trying to ship out the phones so they are to busy to be sending out an update. Lol
    10-12-14 06:59 PM
    I will say that in my opinion this is the absolutely stupidest thing about blackberry phones. When apple rolls out an iOS update it goes to all iDevices regardless of carrier. When blackberry rolls out an update, well, you might get it, sometime, if the carrier feels like it. Why can't blackberry do a universal push to all devices like apple does? Especially since the carriers seem to love screwing over blackberry users, being dependent on them when you don't have to be strikes me as an absolutely terrible decision, both in terms of technology and business.
    10-12-14 08:33 PM
    I will say that in my opinion this is the absolutely stupidest thing about blackberry phones. When apple rolls out an iOS update it goes to all iDevices regardless of carrier. When blackberry rolls out an update, well, you might get it, sometime, if the carrier feels like it. Why can't blackberry do a universal push to all devices like apple does? Especially since the carriers seem to love screwing over blackberry users, being dependent on them when you don't have to be strikes me as an absolutely terrible decision, both in terms of technology and business.
    Somehow, what you're describing as being so terrible about how BB handles updates, hasn't held Samsung or other Android manufactures back.

That said, I do agree with you that it would be nice if BB pushed updates to all at the same time. I use my BB with an AT&T SIM, so it I understand the frustration over waiting for updates. Thankfully I also have a phone on Rogers, so I can swap SIMs and get on with things.
    10-12-14 08:40 PM
    Ahh....I didn't know that android phones were equally boneheaded in the way that they do updates. I guess I'm just spoiled by the apple way of doing things. If apple can do it, I really don't understand why a big company like blackberry or samsung can't do it too. It just makes so much more sense. I wonder how microsoft does it with windows based phones.
    10-13-14 02:11 AM
    Android is the worst, unless it is a Nexus. Some may never get updates. I have two perfectly good LG Optimus 2X that is totally useless because the manufacturer decided they were not getting updates. Never buying LG phones again.
    10-13-14 02:44 AM