One year ago I bought a Blackberry Passport...Was I a Blackberry fan, certainly not.

I only never had one, a Blackberry Bold which I did not like at all, track ball thing and me didn't get on

So why a passport, simple, only phone with a Keyboard, My phone at the time was a Sony Z3, good phone (had loads of Android phones) but made so many errors on emails and texts

BB10 was not easy to get used to, sideload Snap etc. Didn't know what Sideload even was!

So much to learn, but did get used to it, emails were a great plus...but missed apps...

So in the end I got
    two phones, Sony Z3+ and passport

This worked well, then got to know about Priv, brilliant, back to one phone, blackberry with apps, makes perfect sense...I thought..

Now the Priv to me, has better visual screen, virtual keyboard is great and android apps..but why did I keep drifting back to the passport

Well.. Hub is way better, keyboard is better and for viewing Internet you cannot beat passport screen..but what about those apps

Thought I was back to 2 phones until I started reading Crackberry forums

Thanks to help from forums..and some guy called Cobalt

I now have Google Playstore on passport....on BB10... now got all apps I want and they work ) including Google maps

Finally got rid of the awful BB10 facebook and uploaded Jan 2015 Android version, works brilliant.

One year on, got the phone I wanted and needed, just wish it could come out of the box like that, it would have sold so so much more

So I got a Priv and as back up phone, and Sony z3+ might 50 pounds on ebay )

If I going to change Phone it will have to be a Silver Passport as it's got the lot....Cheers

Posted via CB10
    12-30-15 05:56 PM
    The Passport Is an awesome phone love my OG, had the SE loved the keyboard however It just felt bulkier than the OG.

Had the PRIV returned it, now I'm find myself missing it?
    Just can't compare the keyboard to the Passport, no match there!

Glad your loving your PP.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-15 07:01 PM
    Nice first post, and welcome to the club.
    12-30-15 07:05 PM
    Passport android might come. for now called the vienna
    12-31-15 03:42 PM
    hey, you're not alone!

I had tons of android and ios phones prior to a og black passport. switched that to a passport se when it cane out.

thought bb10 was just ok, but android apps had some quirks. so when the priv came out, I jumped right on it! planned to sell the silver passport.

yet, strangely, I found myself missing the passport. android felt like an unfinished, clunky app launcher. everything required some third party app and some hack to get working. when I popped my sim and sdcard back into my passport, it was like coming home after a bad vacation!

I had taken bb10 for granted - but once I went back to android, an os I thought I liked - only then did I realize all the things bb10 did oh so right without me ever noticing. android just made me appreciate bb10 more.

so, my priv is just collecting dust now and I use it maybe a couple times a week to watch netflix in bed over wifi (god the priv's amoled screen is gorgeous). but the passport se remains my daily driver - hell, I am typing this on the passport right now and I am flying!

long live the passport and bb10! (one can only hope)

Blackberry Passport SE (primary), Blackberry Priv, iPhone 5S, Lumia 1020, HTC One M8
    01-01-16 03:12 AM
    thanks for the post!
    I have the Passport and was thinking about getting the Priv. I too think I would keep drifting to the PP. I'll have to get the Jan 2015 vsn of FB. I'm still using the July '14 version.
    Thanks for the post and tip!
    01-01-16 07:14 PM
    Passport android might come. for now called the vienna
    God forbid!

Posted via CB10
    01-01-16 08:52 PM
    God forbid!

Posted via CB10
    Lol! Evolve or die.

*A3-A20
    01-01-16 10:18 PM