Am on 3g network, I can see a drop of 1 percent charge no matter am using the mobile or not. It takes 3-4 hours to charge 100%. Am using a 850mA output BlackBerry charger as I lost my passport charger. Display consumes 25% of the charge almost equal to system consumption. Am not on high level brightness, just on moderate level. My screen has few bright white spots!!! Am gonna return my Mobile, but unsure of BlackBerry service.

Posted via Passport
    Last edited by noahthe geek; 09-19-15 at 04:24 AM.
    09-19-15 04:13 AM
    Check the battery monitor and see if there is an offending app using services and other resources.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2558
    09-19-15 05:45 AM
    Am on 3g network, I can see a drop of 1 percent charge no matter am using the mobile or not. It takes 3-4 hours to charge 100%. Am using a 850mA output BlackBerry charger as I lost my passport charger. Display consumes 25% of the charge almost equal to system consumption. Am not on high level brightness, just on moderate level. My screen has few bright white spots!!! Am gonna return my Mobile, but unsure of BlackBerry service.

Posted via Passport
    Running on 3G network consumes more battery than 4G or 4G LTE.
    The output of that charger your using is only about half the output of the correct charger.
    My display consumes more power than the system does, that's normal as the screen can be on while the system is doing very little. Good example would be reading articles.
    Try letting the auto brightness take over on the phone.
    As for bright spots, please supply more detailed information. It's possible but it's not horribly common on a newer device. How long have you had yours?

And to add, keeping active frames up on the home screen or having Android apps on the Passport are battery killers.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" from Adam Savage
    09-19-15 08:07 AM
    My battery killer seems to be the latest OS update. In the few days since I've installed the newest official (Telus) update, my phone will get really hot and the battery is done in less than a few hours. Still looking to see if anyone else has had the same issue.

ETA: Found them!
    09-19-15 08:18 AM
    This guy is doing everything in his power to have bad battery life lol
    09-19-15 09:14 AM