600000 Passports ont �t� vendus

Not sure how credible this source is, but they seem to go by BlackBerry World activations, which is the most accurate way to find live Passports I guess

Posted via CB10
    PantherBlitz likes this.
    11-12-14 06:45 AM
    Great find!!!!

Google Translate version:
    https://translate.googleusercontent....o-A_R1whYrziEw

600000! This is the number of BlackBerry Passports which have been sold since its official launch at the end of September. We had indicated that it was up 200,000 in two days. A little over a month later, 400,000 additional terminals were acquired.

These figures are based on the application download in the BlackBerry World. This is important because it reflects the reality, that is to say, the number of terminals in service.
    Posted via CB10 on my VZW STL100-4 running 10.3.1.821/800 hybrid
    11-12-14 06:56 AM
    Here is the link for us who prefer to read English.

Edit....Blondie beat me to it.

Thanks Blondie

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    WWBlondieDo likes this.
    11-12-14 06:57 AM
    Hopefully it's inaccurate. That's not a lot in sales in the grand scheme of things. Blackberry used to sell much more than that. I'm not going to throw out numbers without source backing but I'm sure they've done a million in launch month years ago.

Posted via unlocked PASSPORT
    11-12-14 07:03 AM
    Hopefully it's inaccurate. That's not a lot in sales in the grand scheme of things. Blackberry used to sell much more than that. I'm not going to throw out numbers without source backing but I'm sure they've done a million in launch month years ago.

This is great news because they are not in the position that they were back then

Z30STA100-3/10.2.1.3289
    11-12-14 07:07 AM
    11-12-14 07:08 AM

I can see where your coming from but remember when BB10 first launched and it took a whole quarter of total BB10 sales to sell just 0.7 million.

Massive improvement since then.

Posted via CB10
    WWBlondieDo and Joao Oliveira like this.
    11-12-14 07:14 AM
    All the statistics here:
    Statistics | Ebscer News
    Also if those statistics are right, then it's absolutely ridiculous that BlackBerry hasn't released a new all touch for Christmas.

The oldest BB10 phone with 50% of the sale, what is Chen thinking.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 07:17 AM
    Also if those statistics are right, then it's absolutely ridiculous that BlackBerry hasn't released a new all touch for Christmas.

Posted via CB10
    Of course its the most popular. It is $199 without contract for a standard candybar device. However, if I was shopping that end of the spectrum, I would pick up the Sharp Aquos Crystal. However, unlike the problem with BB, it only works on CDMA completely in the USA. I believe they have a GSM capable in japan though. Cant really beat it for a brand new phone for $149 with 5" display. Also, why would they release a new all touch when their last one has only doubled the the passport in market despite being out for much longer. They need a chart with new activations, not total devices.
    11-12-14 07:30 AM
    There is analysts that considered inaccurate bbworld download apps methodology, because the logic is, if you have a new device then the most downloads and active user you are in a prime time. So 4.1% for PP (base ~15 milions BB10 devices) can be overrated for account units devices. Others analysis that I read, indicated in ~400k PP sold.

This is speculation yet. Real numbers will come in next final quarter presentation.
    I will twist for best possible result and profitability.
    11-12-14 07:33 AM
    C'mon.. I have never downloaded that app and I have a Passport.. previously a z30 and a Z10... It would be better if they used BBM activation on devices if they could somehow get their hands on such info for it..

Or am I totally missing something?...

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 07:45 AM
    I can see where your coming from but remember when BB10 first launched and it took a whole quarter of total BB10 sales to sell just 0.7 million.

Massive improvement since then.

Posted via CB10
    I don't remember. I should have looked it up but didn't have the time to do all that lol. That's awesome to know! That gets me excited given that it took them a full quarter to sell 0.7 million bb10 devices which were two, the Q10 and the Z10. Hopefully this upward trend continues. Will the classic Change much? I hope, but I'm not too optimistic about it. I think they should have had a full touch device on the way as well. At this point the Z30 isn't enough here in the US. We need more than that to rebuild the customer base.

11-12-14 08:04 AM

It's not about the grand scheme of things, it's about the current BlackBerry scheme of things. For a device that's so different (and maybe even a bit scary), it's probably pretty surprising to even BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 08:07 AM

Posted via CB10
    Probably thinking the same thing Apple thinks when they don't talk about the iPhone 7 during the iPhone 6 roll out. Why give prospective buyers of the Passport a reason to wait and not buy the Passport?

I've been a touch screen user since the Storm. If they would have announced an all touch device along with the Passport then I would have definitely not bought the Passport. If they announce an all touch device in like February-April next year then I will probably end up buying that too.

Posted via CB10
    wincyUt likes this.
    11-12-14 08:13 AM
    I estimated ~ 750.000 units sold by the end of the year and I think I am on track. It's a very decent number considering that the Passport is not quite a small, usual device. So the 0,6 million reported in the article looks pretty true to me. I also hope that by adding more countries and carriers the 1.000.000 mark will be reached pretty fast.

Sent via my square wonder thingie
    tanzarian likes this.
    11-12-14 08:16 AM
    if they sold this much untis , it means profitabillity this Q (read this in a article on the stocks app).
    Chen said that they would be close to profitabillity but just not yet , so guess it's a little less than these 600.000.
    Still i'm glad that they sold a decent amount of them in this amount of time.

They are on the right way and don't forget if the US DoD also get's on bb10 , it will get a huge boost
    11-12-14 08:17 AM
    Remember that there isn't any carrier selling the passport in the U.S. yet. So most of these sales are from us who bought the device outright. So that # is pretty impressive. Plus they underestimated the demand at Launch and the phone wasn't really available for most of october.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 08:18 AM
    I don't remember. I should have looked it up but didn't have the time to do all that lol. That's awesome to know! That gets me excited given that it took them a full quarter to sell 0.7 million bb10 devices which were two, the Q10 and the Z10. Hopefully this upward trend continues. Will the classic Change much? I hope, but I'm not too optimistic about it. I think they should have had a full touch device on the way as well. At this point the Z30 isn't enough here in the US. We need more than that to rebuild the customer base.

Hopefully it does, I think BB10 sales have improved every single quarter don't have the evidence to back that up but I thinking back to reading the quarterly reports on Crackberry.

It just looks bad because 'Overall' sales are down, but that's only from BBOS sales dropping like a stone, which we all knew anyway.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 08:26 AM
    Its all minds games that seem to work. Bring out the passport. People buy. Bring out a new all touch device. Some passport users like me/people waiting on one will get the all touch device too. Win win.
    11-12-14 08:39 AM
    Remember that there isn't any carrier selling the passport in the U.S. yet. So most of these sales are from us who bought the device outright. So that # is pretty impressive. Plus they underestimated the demand at Launch and the phone wasn't really available for most of october.

Posted via CB10
    Pretty good point. AT&T will be the only carrier to sell the device and carry it in stores. Just getting the Passport in front of customers could really boost sales. If the customers aren't intimidated by the size of the device that is. It is an impressive number. Let's see what happens. The only issue I see here is that analysts on cnbc will bash blackberry when the quarter is over regardless. It hasn't been released by AT&T yet. Analysts will get up there and claim that sales were horrid given the release date of the passport was in september. They won't care to mention that AT&T hadn't released it at the same time. In my opinion, whatever troubles are going on with BlackBerry and AT&T right now, it has to end. This is going to hurt sales, correction, it already has. Analysts talk a lot. If they get in front of that TV and share the sales of the passport since it's release on September 24, completely disregarding AT&T 's lack of announcement, the stock will take a nose dive.

rcab likes this.
    11-12-14 08:44 AM
    Huge success,They wouldn't come out with red and white versions if it wasn't,
    11-12-14 09:03 AM
    Really?? The Z10 may be at 50%, but the Z30 has only done 8.4%. If I were Chen, that wouldn't prompt me to sink a ton into R&D for a new all touch phone.
    11-12-14 09:09 AM
    Really?? The Z10 may be at 50%, but the Z30 has only done 8.4%. If I were Chen, that wouldn't prompt me to sink a ton into R&D for a new all touch phone.
    Let's not say an all new design, but maybe a simple upgrade like they used to do a few years ago. Bold 9000>9700>9780>9790/99xx. Every year they were releasing something whether it was all new or not. An upgraded Z30 with better specs and screen? Would people not buy it? Marketing. It's all about marketing. It works.

11-12-14 09:13 AM
    BBW activation as their data point seems flawed. So would BBM usage. Either would probably catch a large number of units in the wild but there are people that will never use either, or will delay using them until needed. I know I'm probably in the minority but it was months after I got my first BB10 device that I ever used BBW, and to this day I still don't use BBM, never have. Regular old SMS gets the job done for me.

Regardless, in light of recent past, that number sold is pretty reassuring.

Richard
    11-12-14 09:16 AM
    Failure of getting large US carriers on board with the Z30. AT&T not offering it was a big loss IMO. Verizon with their special model, still costs far more to buy used in many cases, than you can get a brand new regular model for.

Richard
    rcab likes this.
    11-12-14 09:18 AM
74 123