Hi everyone, I love the design, the size of P'9981 and P'9983. But I wonder if can make this phone as main phone in 2019? (I have Keyone for using app). The main phone will serve for call, text, email, BBM). So both these phones can do. But problem is my Network provider will stop BIS package and BlackBerry will stop BB10 at this year.
    I am afraid that without BIS, these phones will turn into paperweight.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-19 12:08 AM
    BIS has nothing to do with BB10 phones...

BBM on BB10 is degraded a little.... but calls, text and email should be fine.

BlackBerry has stated that BB10 phones will work at the end of the year... and as a companion device they should be fine.
    03-28-19 07:07 AM
    I have both and can tell that while I love the design, look and feel of them, I absolutely cannot use them as a daily driver in 2019 (believe me, I've tried!). I had to compromise too much of what I needed out of my own use case experience.

That said, the both proudly sit displayed on my desk for me to play with when I'm trying to pass the time on conference calls... such beautiful devices! As a collector, I'm very happy to have them. Now I just need to get the P9982 to complete the holy BB PD trinity!
    03-28-19 08:09 AM
    I have both and can tell that while I love the design, look and feel of them, I absolutely cannot use them as a daily driver in 2019 (believe me, I've tried!). I had to compromise too much of what I needed out of my own use case experience.

That said, the both proudly sit displayed on my desk for me to play with when I'm trying to pass the time on conference calls... such beautiful devices! As a collector, I'm very happy to have them. Now I just need to get the P9982 to complete the holy BB PD trinity!
    I have keyone and recently I move the sim back to Classic because I actually do not like android. Many advertisement and hub is not good as BB10. Besides, my hand is small so even with keyone size, somtimes, It is not comfortable.
    After backing to Classic and BB10, I feel my life and work become easier. I keep Keyone beside for app needs. But for call, text and mail I always do with my Classic. Typing is much better than Keyone.
    So as you said, BB10 not depend on BIS, so with P'9983 I can use forever.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-19 09:41 PM
    I have keyone and recently I move the sim back to Classic because I actually do not like android. Many advertisement and hub is not good as BB10. Besides, my hand is small so even with keyone size, somtimes, It is not comfortable.
    After backing to Classic and BB10, I feel my life and work become easier. I keep Keyone beside for app needs. But for call, text and mail I always do with my Classic. Typing is much better than Keyone.
    So as you said, BB10 not depend on BIS, so with P'9983 I can use forever.

Posted via CB10
    That is not true either. At the end of the year you may lose some services. App store shut down for sure and maybe more. Also depending on your model and phone provider you might start to have issues getting signal.
    03-28-19 09:47 PM
    Of course you can use, if it meets your needs. I use mine daily for phone, email, text sms and BBM. Fabulous!

However, I have no need for apps outside of a browser, and the ability to edit documents on the go.....
    03-31-19 07:11 PM
    It's a shame that you can't get the best out of your phone unless you have a bis contract you should be allowed nowadays to use the network you chose I have 9981 and 9982 and 9983
    10-05-19 01:06 PM
    It's a shame that you can't get the best out of your phone unless you have a bis contract you should be allowed nowadays to use the network you chose I have 9981 and 9982 and 9983
    You only need BIS with the 9981. The 9982 / 3 are BB10 phones and don't rely on BIS.

Posted via CB10 using my OG Passport running 10.3.3.3216
    10-05-19 05:42 PM
    It's a bit of an effort to get a P9983 (bb10) to work in 2019 - but at least it will:
    - get email
    - still be able to use WhatsApp(somehow)
    - some Webbrowser

The 0S7 devices are bricks without bis...and really it's no use to get bis on 2019 (if one actually can).
    10-13-19 02:08 PM