So I saw this great deal on ebay. Silver Porche P'9983 for $400. I bought it and it arrived quick. It looked fantastic on the outside and I love the chrome ish outer band unlike the black outer band on my other P'9983. Next, I opened up the back cover and oh sheeeet. They left a sim adaptor in WITHOUT a sim. I worked hard and long to get it out and only got part of the adaptor out without damaging the sim socket. Enough so I could put in a nano sim and my TMO sim now worked.
    But then I decided to factory reset it. It already had a user name and was asking for the password and to top that off it said this was my 10th attempt coming up! (this was my first attempt!). Smells fishy eh. I filled out the return to ebay info and am now waiting for a response. ug. It sounds like to me that either this P'9983 was stolen or found and the seller just put it on Ebay and I was hooked in .lol
    Damn, I really liked this Silver Porche P'9983 and it was even the one for use in the USA on TMO. So let the waiting game begin
    10-16-18 01:23 PM
    The dangers of buying from eBay... Hopefully you will get a refund and (maybe) pick up another?
    10-16-18 01:28 PM
    Seems like a lot to pay for a BBOS phone .
    the_boon and IvanTheTolerable like this.
    10-16-18 02:42 PM
    Ya, hope it does get settled. If not I will still be on the lookout for a silver P'9983 NA version but these are almost impossible to find. ug

update: vendor claims he did do a Factory Reset but his BB id still with this phone. He also has BB Protect on so I assume (actually this is a fact per Blackberry) that with BB Protect On that a factory reset will not delete BB Id on this phone. I sent him pics of revelent info.
    Waiting.

Still waiting.
    I sent vendor email saying there were two options. First option is easy and for him to give me the passcode for both Blackberry Protect and to do Factory Security wipe which also needs his passcode as both places are on with his email name. The second option is for me to send it (P9983) back to vendor so he can sign in and wipe. I don't want to lose this silver P9983 via somekind of screwup on his part. Any way, I took photos showing both Blackberry Protect and Factory Rest needing the passcode to turn off the protection. ug
    I wil wait till tomorrow then go up to the next level with Ebay.
    Still waiting. I will wait till
    Last edited by barbarianthemadserb; 10-18-18 at 09:57 AM. Reason: update
    10-16-18 02:52 PM
    Issue resolved!. I posted one more photo showing that Blacberry Protect was ON to the vendor via Ebay, then waited a final 24 hours. I rebooted one last time and VOILA- BB Protect was off and I was able to create my BBID and BB Protect! So the vendor must have gotten onto the web to turn off Blackberry Protect. Of course he did not respond back to me but I did give him a bad review on Ebay.
    the_boon and Jake2826 like this.
    10-21-18 04:44 AM
    Issue resolved!. I posted one more photo showing that Blacberry Protect was ON to the vendor via Ebay, then waited a final 24 hours. I rebooted one last time and VOILA- BB Protect was off and I was able to create my BBID and BB Protect! So the vendor must have gotten onto the web to turn off Blackberry Protect. Of course he did not respond back to me but I did give him a bad review on Ebay.
    Would you mind posting a pic of your device? I've never seen a silver P9983 before. Only carbon black and graphite.
    03-10-19 11:35 PM
    Would you mind posting a pic of your device? I've never seen a silver P9983 before. Only carbon black and graphite.
    Nevermind. The silver is the original black p9983 due to its silver frame around the sides.
    03-11-19 07:40 PM