I hear you. I have so many BBs I don't ever share PINs with anyone since I switch so often.
    10-12-14 02:28 AM
    I have yet to see any of the accessories in Dubai too. Nonetheless, congrats on your phones and let me know if you'd like an invite to the PD Owners Lounge BBM group!
    10-12-14 12:00 PM
    Hey, I'm too thinking of upgrading my current Q10 to the P'9983 and had the same concerns as you

Posted via CB10
    I have been using the P'9983 for about a week now and will offer my initial findings. Keep in mind that I have gone from a Z10 to a Q10, and now the Z30.
    Since this is basically the Q10 on mild steroids, I will base my comparison on that. Oh wait. I can't since it feels nothing like the Q10.
    First off the build quality feels simply amazing. As some have already mentioned, the back door is nice and snug since it snaps in instead of sliding up. There is also no need to open this door since the reset no longer requires a battery pull so it's a great design.
    The back does pickup fingerprints very badly so the custom leather back might be a good idea but it really looks nice and sleek the way it is.
    Performance feels smooth and has worked seamlessly with the stock 10.3.0.1154 OS. It just feels much smoother than the Q10 ever did and I'm not really sure why. Perhaps it's the 10.3. I have been working it hard on emails and business calls and it has performed flawlessly. Since I have been using the Z30, the screen seems smaller than ever, but it does not matter. For business, this will be my daily driver. No question. Sound quality is pretty good. Actually better than expected but perhaps a bit low. Call quality is perfect. The keypad did take a bit of getting used to, and seems firmer than the Q. I like it much more. The battery is adequate and I do think a bit better than the Q10. That also may be due to the 10.3 OS. All apps running smoothly including android. Ironically, Amazon Apps would not open and I had to reload. Still, no big deal. On a personal note, I have been approached several times regarding this phone. Unlike the usual blackberry wise *** comments I have grown accustomed to receiving, I received praise on the style. In my opinion for what it's worth, I love this phone. The build quality, looks, and operation just make me happy... Enough said. Sorry so wordy...
    rayporsche likes this.
    10-13-14 02:38 PM
    Been using the P'9983 for 3 days. Loving it very much! Feels great in the hand, solid and heavy, and the keyboard feels really nice too. The backdoor gets slippery sometimes coz my hands sweat quite often. The leather backdoor will be really nice option, but it's quite hard to find especially in Indonesia.

However, does anyone know if the Q10 battery works well with the P'9983? I think it is the same size and specs. Trying to purchase the Q10 battery charger bundle to get extra battery but CrackBerry Shop says it's not compatible.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 02:42 AM
    Been using the P'9983 for 3 days. Loving it very much! Feels great in the hand, solid and heavy, and the keyboard feels really nice too. The backdoor gets slippery sometimes coz my hands sweat quite often. The leather backdoor will be really nice option, but it's quite hard to find especially in Indonesia.

However, does anyone know if the Q10 battery works well with the P'9983? I think it is the same size and specs. Trying to purchase the Q10 battery charger bundle to get extra battery but CrackBerry Shop says it's not compatible.

Posted via CB10
    It should be compatible. Both phones are listed as a 2100mah battery and on the p'9983 spec page, the battery is indicated as the NX1.
    I guess there could be some sort of difference somewhere but not really sure where.
    arslanyatim likes this.
    10-15-14 09:19 AM
    As with the other PD BlackBerrys the battery is probably just rebranded with another decal

Posted via CB10
    arslanyatim likes this.
    10-15-14 05:27 PM

Posted via CB10
    I use the Q10 battery only. Haven't even opened the pd battery!

Posted via CB10
    arslanyatim likes this.
    10-16-14 11:55 AM
    I use the Q10 battery only. Haven't even opened the pd battery!

Posted via CB10
    Hey which part of Asia are u located? Do u happen to be in Singapore? If so, where did u get it from and how much was it!
    10-17-14 02:47 AM
    Yeah I'm in Singapore! You?

I got it online from the UK. I think it was just released in Singapore though.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 09:14 PM
    Yeah I'm in Singapore! You?

I got it online from the UK. I think it was just released in Singapore though.

Posted via CB10
    Yup, based in sgp too.
    Is it cheaper ordering from uk?
    10-18-14 05:02 AM
    I was in singapore for a trip. P9983 price is lower in singapore when compared with other countries. It's only 2490sgd, it's about 1180gbp. In uk they charge 1400gbp. Couple of hundred difference.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 07:13 AM
    Oh and I love my p9983, It's perfect and far better battery life than my other device p9982.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 07:15 AM
    To all,

Thank you for the insights. Can you keep us posted on the potential for double typing...I was in HK and thought I would purchase one. However, given the issues I have had with my Q10's, replacement keyboards, charging ports, light sensors, etc. I am in a wait and see mode.
    10-21-14 06:35 PM
    To all,

Thank you for the insights. Can you keep us posted on the potential for double typing...I was in HK and thought I would purchase one. However, given the issues I have had with my Q10's, replacement keyboards, charging ports, light sensors, etc. I am in a wait and see mode.
    I have been using the P'9983 for about 3 weeks now, and have yet to encounter the double-typing problem. The only things so far:
    1. Sometimes the bottom part is unresponsive, so I can't swipe up to unlock. But, just use the button on top, and the next time it works fine
    2. That beautiful back is slippery. I have to find a leather back cover soon, as I am afraid it will break if I keep dropping it.
    3. Still no accessories to be found anywhere.
    Otherwise, loving it.
    10-22-14 12:24 AM
    To all,

I have had no issues with double typing on this phone. Everything is running perfectly. My only issue is closing active frames at times. Since the screen is small, I sometimes have to touch the screen several times to close a frame. As mentioned, the back is slippery. I purchased a pouch for it and it has really helped although it does make it harder to hear the ringer. I leave it on vibrate when in my pocket. I'm loving this phone. It just feels right. Granted, I would not surf the web often, or watch video on this too often,(small screen) but it is perfect for everything else.
    10-22-14 08:54 AM
    Thank you all for your updates.

I will continue to monitor. I too don't use the browser for more than reading the FT or Bloomberg - so more than adequate for my needs. It is the typing, emails 100 plus a day and SMS, that concern me.

All the best.
    10-23-14 09:30 PM
    Hi

Posted with my BlackBerry Z10
    10-24-14 12:26 PM
    These doors?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post10980960

Any photos reviews with the optional leather rear doors?

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.3175
    10-26-14 01:12 AM

Posted via CB10
    Thy are identical.
    arslanyatim likes this.
    10-26-14 01:14 AM
    Yup, based in sgp too.
    Is it cheaper ordering from uk?
    Seems that it's cheaper in Singapore!

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 08:58 AM
45 12