All there is online are haters of this beautiful device. Can someone post a review of the experience of using this device.

We know it works like a Q10.

We know it's expensive.

Can someone write a legit review and skip all the obvious BS that we've already heard in reviews? Maybe some stories of how you felt your money was well spent? Maybe how someone appreciated the premium materials?

I'd like to read about how it is using this device day to day. How do you treat it? Do you use a case? Did you ever drop it?

I am one who does appreciate luxury devices and occasionally splurge ( I have a Q10, Classic and Passport). But there's nothing on the Web or youtube comparing the graphite to the original and SHOWING the differences. Youtube is basically the same reviews like the Q10.

My last resort is traveling to the PD store and just using it. in the Passport and Classic forums there's always stories of device love. I know this device is an extremely niche device, but still... someone write about it!

Any P'9983 owner that don't want to write a review can pin me pin:2BFB0827
    09-02-15 06:01 PM
    Cam already did a pretty good one
    09-02-15 07:21 PM
    He hates on every BlackBerry device.
    09-02-15 07:26 PM
    He hates on every BlackBerry device.
    Not even... He did a 30 day Passport challenge and had plenty of positives in there, quite objective.
    09-02-15 07:28 PM
    His review of the P was exactly the opposite of the information that people needed to hear.
    09-02-15 07:31 PM
    I believe I've written some of my impressions about this device previously here and there within this forum but herewith a very brief highlight if you will.................
    The difference between the P'9983 Graphite and the P'9983 Original are exterior changes like the exclusive graphite metallic colored elements along with the hand wrapped leather battery door versus the original with the stainless steel frame and the glossy glass weave battery door, spec-wise they are the same so whatever you get would be a matter of choice. I bought the original one because I really liked the stainless steel look which brings fond memories of the Bold 9900 which was one of the greatest and for some it still is. Having tried pretty much every BlackBerry out there and not really into big devices the main consideration when I purchased the P'9983 was the form factor, yes that fantastic form factor with the perfect weight to carry everywhere even in my shirt pocket without hassle or drama, then the incredible easiness of been able to use it single handed makes the experience even better, whenever I need a bigger screen I have several computers at my disposal. The construction detail of this device is second to none, not one defect as commonly or not so commonly found in other devices where the glass or the keypad or the frame is kinda misaligned and such and blablabla.....the synthetic glass like keys with the 3D effect are just a breeze to use, even with the separated rows of keys which I initially thought would be a pain but at the end they turned out to be awesome, that tactile feel !!!! Then the 64GB storage with the additional 128GB ability just adds to the pros. I own a Q10 too so for me it was pretty easy to adjust to the lack of toolbelt and with the ability of assigning shortcut to whatever key you see fit, everything just flows. Talking about the future of BB OS 10 is of little concern to me, as long as the device works perhaps without security updates and then some everything would be just fine, the thing uses DATA so no worries about BIS going south which I don't see it happening anytime soon with so many Legacy devices out there. The battery is removable so whenever it goes bad it will be replaced. The camera is pretty appropiate as to where I take several photos on a daily basis and it just works, that's where the 128GB storage becomes handy where I usually keep around 15000 pics and documents there. Also the camera lens sapphire glass will avoid scratches hence promotes clarity.
    The main purpose of my device is communications, no zombie-mode here, I pretty much run my business from it and the thing starts around 5 A.M. on a daily basis and it goes nonstop til the evening without any problems and enough battery to keep going., don't miss the so called lack of apps, everything I need is there and then some. Now the case area, I purchased the PD OEM leather pocket case which is used only for transportation purposes specially in the vehicle other than that the device is always naked rightfully 'showing off' and even though it's been dropped like 3 times there is not one scratch anywhere (indoor hardwood floors). I've put all of the other devices aside and started using this one exclusively to avoid confusion or mixed emotions and so far it just works and fullfills every possible area imaginable, no complains.
    About the haters, oh well don't worry about those, their ability to understand will only go as far as their perception of the matter. You should go to the PD Store too see it and get the feel of it, some people are into big devices and whatnot but if you are not you'll probably love it. It is obvious that this device is not for everybody, for that there's an iPhone, this is just a matter of choice and because you can, so if you can, go for it my friend.....
    I am pretty sure at this point that we have enough P'9983 owners in this forum to pitch in and share some experiences.
    Last edited by rayporsche; 09-05-15 at 05:33 AM.
    09-03-15 07:03 AM
    My Q10 (the one that needs to be replaced), is from T-Mobile and still running 10.2.x on WiFi.

So I don't even know what 10.3 is like on a Q10 and I don't want to do the sachesi method.

My favorite part is the form factor as well and one handed operation. I feel that I won't mind paying more for a premium device. If I was still into OS7, I would get the all black P'9981.

So you're saying the quality of the buttons are good? The Q10 and Passport are precisely sculpted and the P's keys remind me of the Passport keyboard.

It doesn't have frets, but it looks like the spacing is there.
    09-03-15 07:29 AM
    I believe I've written some of my impressions about this device previously here and there within this forum but herewith a very brief highlight if you will.................
    The difference between the P'9983 Graphite and the P'9983 Original are exterior changes like the exclusive graphite metallic colored elements along with the hand wrapped leather battery door versus the original with the stainless steel frame and the glossy glass weave battery door, spec-wise they are the same so whatever you get would be a matter of choice. I bought the original one because I really liked the stainless steel look which brings fond memories of the Bold 9900 which was one of the greatest and for some it still is. Having tried pretty much every BlackBerry out there and not really into big devices the main consideration when I purchased the P'9983 was the form factor, yes that fantastic form factor with the perfect weight to carry everywhere even in my shirt pocket without hassle or drama, then the incredible easiness of been able to use it single handed makes the experience even better, whenever I need a bigger screen I have several computers at my disposal. The construction detail of this device is second to none, not one defect as commonly or not so commonly found in other devices where the glass or the keypad or the frame is kinda misaligned and such and blablabla.....the synthetic glass like keys with the 3D effect are just a breeze to use, even with the separated rows of keys which I initially thought would be a pain but at the end they turned out to be awesome, that tactile feel !!!! Then the 64GB storage with the additional 128GB ability just adds to the pros. I own a Q10 too so for me it was pretty easy to adjust to the lack of toolbelt and with the ability of assigning shortcut to whatever key you see fit everything just flows. Talking about the future of BB OS 10 is of little concern to me, as long as the device works perhaps without security updates and then some everything would be just fine, the thing uses DATA so no worries about BIS going south which I don't see it happening anytime soon with so many Legacy devices out there. The battery is removable so whenever it goes bad it will be replaced. The camera is pretty appropiate as to where I take several photos on a daily basis and it just works, that's where the 128GB storage becomes handy where I usually keep around 15000 pics and documents there. Also the camera lens sapphire glass will avoid scratches hence promote clarity.
    The main purpose of my device is communications, no zombie-mode here, I pretty much run my business from it and the thing starts around 5 A.M. on a daily basis and it goes nonstop til the evening without any problems and enough battery to keep going., don't miss the so called lack of apps, everything I need is there and then some. Now the case area, I purchased the PD OEM leather pocket case which is used only for transportation purposes specially in the vehicle other than that the device is always naked rightfully 'showing off'and and even though it's been dropped like 3 times there is not one scratch anywhere (indoor hardwood floors). I've put all of the other devices aside and started using this one exclusively to avoid confusion or mixed emotions and so far it just works and fullfills every possible area imaginable, no complains.
    About the haters, oh well don't worry about those, their ability to understand will only go as far as their perception of the matter. You should go to the PD Store too see it and get the feel of it, some people are into big devices and whatnot but if you are not you'll probably love it. It is obvious that this device is not for everybody, for that there's an iPhone, this is just a matter of choice and because you can, so if you can, go for it my friend.....
    I am pretty sure at this point that we have enough P'9983 owners in this forum to pitch in and share some experiences.
    You mentioned a great point: keyboard shortcuts! I've never used this on my Q10 because of no 10.3. As I type this on my Classic, I realize I use the trackpad or universal search to start up apps.

Have you seen the graphite in person? Do you think the leather would scratch with one drop on cement?
    09-03-15 07:34 AM
    You mentioned a great point: keyboard shortcuts! I've never used this on my Q10 because of no 10.3. As I type this on my Classic, I realize I use the trackpad or universal search to start up apps.

Have you seen the graphite in person? Do you think the leather would scratch with one drop on cement?
    Yes sir the buttons are more than good imho, again the tactile experience is great. I switched from the Classic to the P'9983 and it was a pretty easy transition and I do understand what you say about your use of the trackpad and such. Now I usually swipe to light-up the lock screen without unlocking then hit the middle button in between the + / - volume to summon 'Penelope' as I call the assistant and go from there.
    About the leather battery door, even though I own one I'm pretty sure that it will stay away from cement if I have my way...........
    Last edited by rayporsche; 09-03-15 at 08:51 AM.
    09-03-15 08:08 AM
    Completely agree with Ray. I have the Graphite. The leather cover is nice and grip is great. But the leather will wear out easier. The glass weave is better in this aspect. I went with Graphite because I wanted all black.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-15 02:50 PM
    I like the all black version better. Are the leather doors and carbon fiber doors interchangeable on the device?
    09-03-15 03:00 PM
    Yes...the phone itself it identical in terms of size.

From from my Perfect P'9983 Graphite!!
    09-03-15 04:15 PM
    I wonder how the phone would look having a graphite finish with carbon fiber back?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-03-15 05:56 PM