I'll finally be able to get my hands on it to play with. Does the shop BlackBerry store have a better warranty and return policy than the pd store?

Any tips from anyone while I have a few minutes with the device?

I'll probably take some pics of it with my Classic to post here.
    pat-wallace likes this.
    09-10-15 12:43 PM
    I'll finally be able to get my hands on it to play with. Does the shop BlackBerry store have a better warranty and return policy than the pd store?

Any tips from anyone while I have a few minutes with the device?

I'll probably take some pics of it with my Classic to post here.
    Yes shop bb has a better return policy... full refund no questions asked vs store credit at the PD store. Are you going to the one in soho or on Madison?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-10-15 05:31 PM
    I went to the one on Madison. This was taken with my Classic.
    Heading to Porsche Design store in NYC today to check out P'9983-img_20150910_162221.jpg
    09-10-15 07:52 PM
    I went to the one on Madison. This was taken with my Classic.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150910_162221.jpg 
Views:	1035 
Size:	73.4 KB 
ID:	370787
    They don't have a graphite in stock. Did you get it

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    09-10-15 08:14 PM
    They have the graphite in stock and all the colored backs for the '83 and '82 and all the accessories. If you call ahead they'll set it aside for you.
    09-11-15 06:24 PM
    They have the graphite in stock and all the colored backs for the '83 and '82 and all the accessories. If you call ahead they'll set it aside for you.
    I called last week before I purchased on shop bb... they didn't have it in Stock when I called. Soho did...

09-11-15 09:58 PM
    Did you finally purchase or still beating around the bush?

rayporsche likes this.
    09-11-15 09:58 PM
    You recall how much was the cover?

Thanks
    09-11-15 10:18 PM
    You recall how much was the cover?

Thanks
    They're usually 105 + tax... that's what I saw it for downtown

09-11-15 11:49 PM
    I decided not to purchase. Reason was I didn't like the keyboard. In particular the shape of the keys.

Everything about the device is premium, as I expected. Beautiful materials.

I expected the shape of the keys to be like the passport, only smaller. I didn't like that the bottoms of the keys were flat and how it felt trying to type. The clear plastic material has a nice effect.

When I took my Q10, Classic and Passport out of there boxes, the keyboards immediately felt right. Even with the bigger passport keys. The curvature of the keys of these devices let's you glide your thumbs across. With the shape of the p's keys, there was none of that. The bottoms of the keys are sort of sharper/cornered rather than that upward curve.

Yes I went into the store to nit pick the device. At that price, it has to really wow me at least as much as my other 3 bb10 phones did.

If the phone was exactly the same, but the keys were shaped like the Q10 or Passport, I'd have bought it.

I'm not the kind of person who can take the time to get used to a phone. If I take it out if the box and like it, I keep it. I'm glad all you guys enjoy your devices. At least I went to the store and gave the device a good honest look. Most people basically bashed the phone in price alone rather than hold one in their hand.

My recommendation to anyone thinking of getting this phone is to get to a Pd store and use it. Call them ahead of time and tell them to set aside a unit for you and to make sure it's charged. They'll do that for you. These BlackBerry phones aren't flying off the shelves, so they'd be happy to accommodate you.
    09-12-15 06:00 AM
    They're usually 105 + tax... that's what I saw it for downtown

Thank you. Amazon has it more than double $. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-15 10:02 AM
    Thank you. Amazon has it more than double $. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    No problem. Just remember that Amazon has a better return policy than PD .

09-12-15 03:41 PM