I'm sure you guys have seen the Q10 threads where you have to put a folded business card so the battery doesn't get knocked loose to reset it.

Has anyone experienced this with the P?
    09-03-15 02:44 PM
    Lol.. why don't you just buy it and return it if you don't like it? You've asked pretty much every question humanly possible to ask. Better yet, just add dmateo from here to BBM who bought one recently and ask him all the questions. Not discouraging your questions, just all rather amusing seeing them all lol.
    09-03-15 07:43 PM
    Due diligence!
    09-03-15 08:42 PM
    Lol.. why don't you just buy it and return it if you don't like it? You've asked pretty much every question humanly possible to ask. Better yet, just add dmateo from here to BBM who bought one recently and ask him all the questions. Not discouraging your questions, just all rather amusing seeing them all lol.

Lol @Bla1ze you're killing me over here!! But in all seriousness it doesn't hurt to buy it and try it out... you need to give every device at least 3 weeks before reaching your final verdict. If it doesn't work out just return it. The most it'll cost you is shipping which only cost me 5.61USD through shopbb...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-03-15 08:45 PM
    I'm sure you guys have seen the Q10 threads where you have to put a folded business card so the battery doesn't get knocked loose to reset it.

Has anyone experienced this with the P?
    And this is probably the weirdest question I've ever seen on any phone forum!!!

09-03-15 08:45 PM
    And this is probably the weirdest question I've ever seen on any phone forum!!!

What's your pin? I'm guessing 2aa.......something?

I won't purchase it until I at least play with it in the store. I bought the Passport and Classic without ever touching them! Damn T-Mobile never stocks them. I just don't feel comfortable spending that much money online on a product I've never seen. I'd rather get it in the store. Kind of like when CrackBerry Kevin bought the P'9982!
    09-03-15 09:01 PM
    What's your pin? I'm guessing 2aa.......something?

I won't purchase it until I at least play with it in the store. I bought the Passport and Classic without ever touching them! Damn T-Mobile never stocks them. I just don't feel comfortable spending that much money online on a product I've never seen. I'd rather get it in the store. Kind of like when CrackBerry Kevin bought the P'9982!
    You can return it for a full refund within 30 days! It doesn't matter. .

09-03-15 09:02 PM
    In all fairness, if the P'9983 is a re skinned Q10, then double typing and loose batteries are legit issues!
    09-03-15 09:02 PM
    Just clean the contacts with alcohol swab every now and then, battery will be fine...

Posted via CB10
    09-03-15 09:09 PM
    In all fairness, if the P'9983 is a re skinned Q10, then double typing and loose batteries are legit issues!
    If that's really how you feel.. keep the q10!

bbnrs and rayporsche like this.
    09-03-15 09:25 PM
    In all fairness, if that's how you really feel...don't get the device because you'll never appreciate it. The P'9983 is leaps and bounds better than the Q10. Much better keyboard. Not sure why, but even with same 2100mAh battery I get a couple extra hours on the PD. I think it's definitely faster than the Q10 all around. Call quality seems better too.

Posted with my Graphite Porsche P'9983
    Lawrie Sherratt likes this.
    09-04-15 09:09 AM
    To me, leaps and bounds better means better materials and less susceptible to wear and tear.

I think most would agree that the materials are beautiful, but who wants to buy a phone that expensive that will eventually double type. Or a phone that resets if you set it down on its back and the battery shifts.

If these issues just don't happen with the P, how about saying so?

I'm just doing my research. I'm posting on the forums more on this particular device because, for my personal preferences, I need to learn a bit more of this device that's a niche within a niche within a niche.
    09-04-15 02:23 PM
    None of thoses.................
    09-04-15 02:44 PM
    To me, leaps and bounds better means better materials and less susceptible to wear and tear.

I think most would agree that the materials are beautiful, but who wants to buy a phone that expensive that will eventually double type. Or a phone that resets if you set it down on its back and the battery shifts.

If these issues just don't happen with the P, how about saying so?

I'm just doing my research. I'm posting on the forums more on this particular device because, for my personal preferences, I need to learn a bit more of this device that's a niche within a niche within a niche.
    After the 10+ questions you've asked are you finally getting it?

rayporsche likes this.
    09-04-15 03:18 PM
    Seems the pd owners don't have these problems, but there are so few that you wouldn't be able to make a statistical guess.
    In any case the phone has a full warranty for a year, what's the worst that could happen?
    rayporsche likes this.
    09-04-15 04:17 PM
    OP, nobody is trying to be dismissive or rude. It's just at what point does doing your due diligence become insulting to those trying to help you. You've asked and we've answered. Heck, I'm two days into owning this device...I wanted it so I bought it. I've had a Z10, Q10, Z30, Passport, and Classic. The Z's and Q I had in Black and White. The Classic in Black and Blue. The Passport in Black Unlocked, Black AT&T, White, and Red.

So that's PKB's in the amount of 8 without a single device double typing. Despite that I know the risk exists for the P'9983, but it's a risk I'm willing to take. Nobody can give you 100% affirmative answers. Anything can happen.

09-04-15 06:23 PM
    Batteries loose in the Q10? Never had this problem, despite swapping it quite a bit.
    rayporsche and bbnrs like this.
    09-04-15 07:13 PM
    OP, nobody is trying to be dismissive or rude. It's just at what point does doing your due diligence become insulting to those trying to help you. You've asked and we've answered. Heck, I'm two days into owning this device...I wanted it so I bought it. I've had a Z10, Q10, Z30, Passport, and Classic. The Z's and Q I had in Black and White. The Classic in Black and Blue. The Passport in Black Unlocked, Black AT&T, White, and Red.

So that's PKB's in the amount of 8 without a single device double typing. Despite that I know the risk exists for the P'9983, but it's a risk I'm willing to take. Nobody can give you 100% affirmative answers. Anything can happen.

You don't even want to see all the annoying posts he's put in the q10 sub forums

09-04-15 09:46 PM
    Seems the pd owners don't have these problems, but there are so few that you wouldn't be able to make a statistical guess.
    In any case the phone has a full warranty for a year, what's the worst that could happen?
    That makes perfect sense and for the sake of the discussion the 'Porsche Design' smartphones warranty period is 2 years. So what's the worst that could happen right ?
    09-05-15 05:45 AM
    IMO, if you're *seriously* considering a PD phone, and you have one in mind, and you've researched it and still think it's probably for you, then there is no way on Earth you won't love it once you see it.

Even naysayers agree they are beautiful devices with unmatched build quality and materials, so if you had in mind to get one, you'll be thrilled. Plan a few extra bucks for more leather backs in your fave colours and extra batteries+charger to complete the package.

I say just do it before the 9983 guts are too old to justify any longer, you'll be happy every time you touch it or look at it and wonder why you waited.

For my part, I've had my 9983 since Nov. 2014, I'm Canadian but purchased in Hawaii. Had (still have) the 9982 and 9981 before that. Not a single issue with any of them, and if I did, PD would sort it out quickly as you'd expect.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-15 11:53 AM