So im curious to know if any owner here ever experienced that situation where someone approach you and complimented your phone and ask what is it or where did u get it or like how much is it? Honestly this phone is pretty catchy on the eyes especially when you're out and about and that most people don't know anything about it or haven't seen one in real life till they saw yours. Its no big deal I just want to know if anybody had experienced it. Post your replies here. Thanks guys!
    06-09-12 07:25 AM
    I like the P9981 as its growing on me but prefer this elusive edition. I haven't seen either in the wild as yet.

EDIT: Velvet glove not included.
    Last edited by Ben1232; 06-09-12 at 09:04 AM.
    06-09-12 08:59 AM
    I have read about it and ut says that its only gonna be on auctions so its not gonn be easy to get as the normal P'9981. For some reason I still prefer to original one especially the leather back and the gray-ish colour over-all. Im like obsessed with this phone and considering of purchasing another one as a back up.. hehee
    maxnom likes this.
    06-09-12 10:04 AM
    The strange part about the elusive edition is, although it is made of titanium, the keyboard is made of black plastic !!! Given that most parts are titanium, they could at least spend some effort and make the keyboard a black titanium (just like the Amex Centurion card) and made the overall look matte titanium.

In any case, I still like the original P'9981. Even better if they made the sides matte instead of shiny (lots of finger prints).

By the way, just wanted to share some tips on the areas to be careful on our P'9981. The back "P'9981" words may rubbed off if the casing keeps rubbing on it. Also, the bottom portion of the phone (below the space bar) is made of plastic disguised as matte silver......color may come off over time.
    Last edited by HK Low; 06-10-12 at 12:17 AM.
    06-10-12 12:06 AM
    I have read about it and ut says that its only gonna be on auctions so its not gonn be easy to get as the normal P'9981. For some reason I still prefer to original one especially the leather back and the gray-ish colour over-all. Im like obsessed with this phone and considering of purchasing another one as a back up.. hehee
    Actually u can find them on ebay and harrods suposedly
    06-10-12 05:20 AM
    Yes that has been my worry from the day i peeled off the protective film thats covering the back camera. i noticed that the word "P9981" seems like its just some kind of stamp and would fade off easily through time. It would be really dissapointing if that happens, im thinking what would be the best thing to do to protective it because if i will get a holster it will keep rubbing against it and may fade off, i might buy a Bodyguardz film and cut it off to fit the camera and flash and also the P9981 word on it.

Also worried about the main navigational keys just below the screen as it seems to detach easily. They should atleast made it a straight buttons like the Bold 9900 has instead of cutting it off into squares.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    06-10-12 06:49 PM
    I hope to own one just for owning it sake..... But it's way too expensive!
    06-13-12 11:34 PM
    This is just a Wow Phone!
    06-15-12 01:03 PM
    This is just a Wow Phone!
    It sure is.
    07-19-12 10:41 AM
    Everyone said WOW
    07-19-12 02:43 PM
    Always starts off with a Wow but when they start comparing it with the 9900, taking into account the price and the multitude of issues..........the usually label me as crazy

But I care not what they say or think !!!
    07-23-12 09:32 AM
    Met up with a friend who is the owner of a small business and has one. Very attention grabbing - waitress noticed it and another friend who stopped by was impressed. I was personally floored - it looks far better in person than in pictures and the feel and quality of it is sublime.
    07-30-12 06:30 PM
    Totally agree

Sent from my BlackBerry 9981
    07-30-12 06:38 PM
    My boss has one....I think its pretty fugly. To each their own I guess.
    07-31-12 11:58 AM
    My boss has one....I think its pretty fugly. To each their own I guess.
    Yes, � chacun son go�t - To each his own (taste).

Enjoy your 9900.
    07-31-12 12:48 PM
    I encountered one person who said "wow thats the porsche phone isnt it?"
    09-01-12 07:30 PM
    I like it but 1800 dollars(price in my country)is imo too much,the LG prada is cheaper.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk
    09-12-12 08:51 PM
    had the LG Prada when it first came out. got bored of it quickly.

no real features, really bland in my opinion.
    09-14-12 08:50 AM
    My porsche is on repair im going krazy not having it. i think its one of the hardest part when you're soo attached to your phone and when you have to send it away to get fixed you'll miss it and just not happy without it.

09-15-12 03:22 AM
    My porsche is on repair im going krazy not having it. i think its one of the hardest part when you're soo attached to your phone and when you have to send it away to get fixed you'll miss it and just not happy without it.

I know how you feel. Mine has just grown on me since I got it.
    09-20-12 10:46 AM
    I seriously think you should get one more. I am running on two P9981 and the stress of anyone of them breaking down is gone.
    09-30-12 04:24 AM
    I seriously think you should get one more. I am running on two P9981 and the stress of anyone of them breaking down is gone.
    No I don't think ill get another one after what happened to my porsche one I don't think I can trust the quality of blackberry phones and blackberry in general anymore . I was so disappointed even though they replaced my phone for a brand new one I just think paying this much money they should at least guaranteed the quality of the phone before selling it.
    10-01-12 05:25 AM
    I do not own one, albeit i would be very excited to see one near my vicinity.
    10-02-12 01:05 AM
    So worth it. I love mine. Period
    10-06-12 02:37 PM
    The P'9981 could be made a better phone if only the engineers weren't so arrogant and complacent. If only they bothered to take note of the comments and feedback in the forums. For the buttons coming loose, It is a very easy problem to solve. All they had to do was to make the 2 buttons at the side smaller and fill the side with a fixed structure that doesn't move. This can either be made of glass to complement the aesthetics or stainless steel. Alternatively, develop a side or top flip case meant for the P'9981 instead of letting Porsche Design design the cases.
    10-08-12 04:24 AM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD