I came across a pretty much brand new P9981 for a good price so decided to grab it. Really nice device even in 2019 if just using it mainly for calls , email and texts.. a ppl waking of texts I'm on Tmobile and not familiar with BB7 at all so I'm adjusting. When I go to contacts or messages there seems to be no way to start a text message to someone. Am I missing something? I can reply to a text that someone sent me first but I don't see how to initiate one.? Also I get EDGE download speed with I guess is a little notch down from 3g but I can still access the internet and my email account so I'm a happy camper.. Mine has great build quality and no issues so I'm really enjoying it despite the limitations in 2019.
    09-25-19 06:12 PM
    When I go to contacts or messages there seems to be no way to start a text message to someone. Am I missing something? I can reply to a text that someone sent me first but I don't see how to initiate one.?
    In the Hub there's a great round blue button at the bottom of the screen labeled "Compose", use that.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-19 06:50 PM
    I don't see any hub...There is no hub in BB7 only BB10 correct?
    09-25-19 06:56 PM
    I don't see any hub...There is no hub in BB7 only BB10 correct?
    Oops! Thought you were referring to BB10, my mistake. Sorry, don't have any experience with BBOS.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-19 08:46 PM
    Congrats on the P9981. Im impressed that you can be productive with it in 2019. I tried firing it up a few months back just to see if I could get through a Saturday with it. One battery pull in and I was waving the white flag.

Still a gorgeous piece of engineering that looks killer on my shelf though. I can't even begin to rattle off the unspeakable things I would do if someone were to wave a magic wand and presto'ed Android Pie into it! What a wild Frankenstein experience that would be!
    09-25-19 11:01 PM
    Agreed on the build and engineering. Very nice device and yes I'm still fairly productive with it in 2019. Sure it has its limitations but still fun to use for basic functions. What case do you use for protection? Can you fill me in on how to start a text message from contacts or any other way?
    09-26-19 10:21 AM