So ive been trying to figure if finding accessories for the P9981 is still like mission impossible and came across this link and images. What do you guys think of them? I personally think they look fantastic but do you think itll fit perfectly (style-wise) with the phone, or better to retain the plane back leather?

credits to: MJ Art.Studio

Sent from my BlackBerry 9981
    tokyo_phone and chris8189 like this.
    07-21-12 09:06 PM
    I did write to them about it and is was very expensive. Furthermore, they require you to supply your existing battery cover to them as they do not have stocks of any battery cover.

BTW, how do you paste pictures directly onto the thread instead of it appearing as an attachment. Pardon my ignorance but am keen to learn
    Last edited by HK Low; 07-21-12 at 09:30 PM.
    07-21-12 09:23 PM
    Oh very confusing indeed, i would love to have one but for some reason it makes me think if it'll be reliable.

With pictures, you know when you are attaching pics you have options how to upload them, dont select the "attachment" but select the "image hosting talpak" or something like that

07-22-12 05:46 AM
    With pictures, you know when you are attaching pics you have options how to upload them, dont select the "attachment" but select the "image hosting talpak" or something like that
    Thanks for the advice. I will try it the next time.
    07-22-12 09:38 AM
    I'm liking the grey ostrich...
    08-19-12 01:58 AM
    ostrich and crocodile skin cover *drools*

08-19-12 03:45 AM
    Hey i want bay p9981 cover styl
    03-29-13 11:25 AM
    I've been in contact with this company before as well. They do some amazing work. I was going to get the battery cover of my Curve 9320 covered in black alligator skin. The price they quoted for doing it far outweighed the cost of the phone though. So in the end I didn't get it done. I have been thinking about getting my Q10 done though, except it already has the amazing glass weave battery cover.

Posted on Q10 via CB10
    05-24-13 06:06 AM
    So ive been trying to figure if finding accessories for the P9981 is still like mission impossible and came across this link and images. What do you guys think of them? I personally think they look fantastic but do you think itll fit perfectly (style-wise) with the phone, or better to retain the plane back leather?

http://img.tapatalk.com/ce359431-6006-adc7.jpg
    http://img.tapatalk.com/ce359430-6025-24c4.jpg
    http://img.tapatalk.com/ce359430-6049-6aa3.jpgcredits to: MJ Art.Studio

Personally, I think you should go for it and get it done, if you find a design that you really like, and plan on keeping your P9981 for a while longer.

Posted on Q10 via CB10
    05-24-13 06:09 AM
    Personally, I think you should go for it and get it done, if you find a design that you really like, and plan on keeping your P9981 for a while longer.

Posted on Q10 via CB10
    I went to a porsche design store and talked about this images found on google and they reckon that they're fake (photoshopped) but they have confirmed that new back covers are coming soon with different color varieties, but I actually prefer a leather wrapped cover in exotic finishes
    05-24-13 06:24 AM
    I went to a porsche design store and talked about this images found on google and they reckon that they're fake (photoshopped) but they have confirmed that new back covers are coming soon with different color varieties, but I actually prefer a leather wrapped cover in exotic finishes
    They might be photoshopped images, but solely for the purpose of showing you what different varieties of leather and designs they can provide. This is a legitimate company.

Posted on Q10 via CB10
    Last edited by chris8189; 05-24-13 at 09:27 AM.
    05-24-13 06:49 AM
    They might be photoshopped images, but solely for the purpose of shoing you what different varieties of leather and designs they can provide. This is a legitimate company.

Posted on Q10 via CB10
    yeah inquiring wouldn't hurt so I might as well do that, but they're international company and I have to figure out the prices cos regardless of how good they are, if it's ridiculously expensive I would be practical not to get it
    05-24-13 06:50 AM
    yeah inquiring wouldn't hurt so I might as well do that, but they're international company and I have to figure out the prices cos regardless of how good they are, if it's ridiculously expensive I would be practical not to get it
    Yeah, they are based in Ukraine. You can see their shop on Google street maps if you type in their address. From memory, they quoted 250 to wrap my 9320 Curve battery cover in black alligator skin. It far outweighed the cost of the phone itself, and I didn't know how long I was going to keep using it for, so in the end I decided not to go through with it. As it happens, I'm using a Q10 now anyway.

If you do get the work done by them, please post some photos, because I think it will look amazing, and you will truly have a custom phone then.

Posted on Q10 via CB10
    05-24-13 07:46 AM
    Yeah, they are based in Ukraine. You can see their shop on Google street maps if you type in their address. From memory, they quoted 250 to wrap my 9320 Curve battery cover in black alligator skin. It far outweighed the cost of the phone itself, and I didn't know how long I was going to keep using it for, so in the end I decided not to go through with it. As it happens, I'm using a Q10 now anyway.

If you do get the work done by them, please post some photos, because I think it will look amazing, and you will truly have a custom phone then.

Posted on Q10 via CB10
    yeah that's true hey, I mean it would look really amazing, I just have to get a quote from them and because I'm from Australia I will ask them if I have to provide my own battery cover or they will provide the cover and how long it'll take to be delivered back to me
    05-24-13 05:40 PM
    I will ask them if I have to provide my own battery cover or they will provide the cover and how long it'll take to be delivered back to me
    I'm 99% certain that you will have to provide them your battery cover, because they are just a business which manufactures and customises things with exotic leather. They don't just customise phones, as you've probably already gathered from their website.

Posted on Q10 via CB10
    05-25-13 06:26 AM
    I'm 99% certain that you will have to provide them your battery cover, because they are just a business which manufactures and customises things with exotic leather. They don't just customise phones, as you've probably already gathered from their website.

Posted on Q10 via CB10
    yeah I am actually gonna buy a new battery cover and provide it for customization to I can at least still keep the cover I have now
    05-25-13 05:12 PM
    yeah I am actually gonna buy a new battery cover and provide it for customization to I can at least still keep the cover I have now
    Ah ok, fair enough.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 06:28 PM
    Have you gotten any further forward with this?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk
    05-29-13 03:14 PM
    Have you gotten any further forward with this?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk
    no I haven't, have you contacted them too?
    05-31-13 05:11 AM
    no I haven't, have you contacted them too?
    No, I'm not going to get my Q10 customised.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 05:06 AM
    No, I'm not going to get my Q10 customised.

Posted via CB10
    Got a response but they're extremely expensive.
    06-03-13 05:07 AM
    how much do they charge?
    06-04-13 12:30 AM
    how much do they charge?
    cheapest is EUR850 and goes all the way up to EUR9,400
    06-04-13 04:50 PM
    cheapest is EUR850 and goes all the way up to EUR9,400
    No way, seriously?!! For what design? I told them my budget and they told me what they could do for around 250 euros.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 07:24 PM
    That sounds a bit too crazy
    06-06-13 12:44 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD