Hi
    My p9981 just switched it off all of a sudden and when i try to switch it on it shows a battery logo with a red cross striked through.
    This has happened before, what I did then was update the software to .569
    the phoe was working fine then.

Today out of the blue it just stopped working. As in it just switched itself off, then when i connected it to the charger it started working.

It died again. Now whatever I do, it just shows that stupid logo.
    when I connected it to the computer it said I'd have to update my software. I thought "why not? it seemed to work before..." but it couldn't connect after that. Its stuck at "reconnecting to JVM"

I don't know what to do.
    please help me out
    08-29-12 03:06 PM
    That stinks dude, it seems as this particular BlackBerry model is harder to troubleshoot
    I would suggest the following

Open BlackBerry Desktop Software
    Take the battery out from the device
    Plug your device to the computer using the USB cable
    DS will tell you that it cannot connect to device and give you 3 options. Choose update
    Follow the prompts until you get to the screen that shows that the software is being downloaded/installed
    Insert the battery back and patiently wait until is done
    08-30-12 04:38 PM
    I did try that. But it still kept showing the weird battery logo. I then used my bold 9900's battery which seemed to boot it up. It was weird how hot it got. Then eventually it died, and when i tried charging it got the battery with the cross in between logo.
    i don't know what to do now...
    08-31-12 11:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD