Anyone know if Porsche Design will be releasing a newer Blackberry now that BB10 came out?

How soon was the P9981 release after they released the 9900?

I'm loving the P9981 but outside of making calls and sending text messages, the phone software feels so dated compared to what is out on the market nowadays
    03-21-13 04:56 PM
    I nearly bought one. I know what you mean about the OS feeling slightly dated, however it does have wifi, a fairly large screen and an excellent metallic qwerty keyboard. Additionally, the construction of the phone itself is well made and solid! I think if I had bought one, I could ha e overlooked the fact that the OS looks behind the times, due to its many plus points.

I'm not sure whether Porsche Design will bring out a BB10 phone or not. I think if they do, it will be some time though before they do.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk
    03-22-13 05:54 PM
    its a shame that they dont make well-built phones anymore. Like you said, I love the metal keyboard and how nice the phone feels in your hand.

Nowadays its all about the software and they just throw cheap plastic on the outside and every phone almost looks the same
    MaxxxBerry23 likes this.
    03-23-13 02:02 AM
    I hope they do! But perhaps later in the year. I have the original silver porsche design and contemplated buying the black one but it was released so close to the Z10 that I changed my mind.

Posted via CB10
    John Rivas likes this.
    03-23-13 08:24 AM
    its a shame that they dont make well-built phones anymore.

Nowadays its all about the software and they just throw cheap plastic on the outside and every phone almost looks the same
    For the most part, yes. However there are still some manufacturers of phones such as Vertu, Tag Heuer, Belleperre etc who make astounding quality handsets.

They obviously come at a price though. I've been a long time admirer of Vertu, in particluar the recent handsets theyve brought out.

I wish BlackBerry would follow suit and bring out a luxury device. A stainless steel or titanium chassis trimmed with premium quality leather available in different textures and colours, along with a decent scratch resistant touch screen would be epic!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk
    03-23-13 04:44 PM
    I asked Porsche design on there facebook page and they said there is no blackberry 10 phone in there pipeline for now (means no blackberry 10 porsche this or next year ) they also told me to wait for more news about porsche design phones (could possibly mean a crapdroid based device).

seriously porsche design you are this stupid ? If a porsche designbb10device comes this year and it looks and feels great i can pay $3000-$5000 for it .
    03-24-13 05:35 PM
    porsche design is a company that could help blackberry stand out in the market and differentiate it from other phone makers.

I think Blackberry is forgetting that their main customer used to be a business professional who most likely wants a professional looking phone. The Bold 9700 was that; it had a leather back and the silver trim all around.

Porsche design took a phone like that to another level with the quality of materials and design and thats what Blackberry should have built on in my opinion.

I feel there is a big market of people that want stylish professional looking phones even at a premium price. Not everyone wants comfy running sneakers, some of us prefer suits.
    03-25-13 06:06 PM
    I totally agree , upcoming blackberries have rubber back which is a step way back .
    03-26-13 03:29 AM
    I have been thinking the exact same thing. I was very interested in getting the P`9981 when it originally came out but thought BB10 was too close and now with the all black P`9981 its a really solid option. But I don't want to invest $1xxx.xx on a phone that might get replaced in a few months. So I contacted Porsche Design and this is what I got from them :

Thank you for your e-mail from 28 February 2013.

We are glad to hear about your interest in the products of Porsche Lizenz-und Handelsgesellschaft mbH & Co. KG. However, we kindly ask for your understanding that we cannot comment on a future product or possible dates of sales launches.
    Certainly, further developments and improvements are to come. For us, progress means future.

Yours sincerely

Sven Strauss

I am not so sure about how to process this is it a possible yes? as my only hope right now of a new BB 10 Porsche Design is the Dev C device which looks pretty similar. Anyway sorry for the long post but would love if someone else could add there input to this. As if there is not going to be another Porsche Design BB I want to get the P`9981 ASAP!
    04-16-13 07:53 PM
    I have been thinking the exact same thing. I was very interested in getting the P`9981 when it originally came out but thought BB10 was too close and now with the all black P`9981 its a really solid option. But I don't want to invest $1xxx.xx on a phone that might get replaced in a few months. So I contacted Porsche Design and this is what I got from them :

Thank you for your e-mail from 28 February 2013.

We are glad to hear about your interest in the products of Porsche Lizenz-und Handelsgesellschaft mbH & Co. KG. However, we kindly ask for your understanding that we cannot comment on a future product or possible dates of sales launches.
    Certainly, further developments and improvements are to come. For us, progress means future.

Yours sincerely

Sven Strauss

I am not so sure about how to process this is it a possible yes? as my only hope right now of a new BB 10 Porsche Design is the Dev C device which looks pretty similar. Anyway sorry for the long post but would love if someone else could add there input to this. As if there is not going to be another Porsche Design BB I want to get the P`9981 ASAP!
    I think with the current prices it's def a good time to buy. If you like blackberry and if you like a solid build metal phone, this is a perfect choice. I currently have 2 silver ones and 1 black ones and I love these phones.
    04-23-13 06:19 PM
    I completely get what you are saying the phone is of outstanding quality and design. I have gone to Harrods and seen the phone in person and it looks beautiful in both black and silver (although I prefer the Black one). But my only concern is spending this much money (1300 UK pounds) only to have the phone be replaced by a BB 10 successor. I really cant afford to get another one so I want to make a decision as if the device is replaced in 6 months or so I will be really sad as I wont be able to get the new one at least not right away.
    05-02-13 04:04 PM
    i have been using p9981 and trust me its a great looking phone ..but over time the paint fro top gets faded , leather back gets worn off from edges in 6 month . overall it feels like a dumb phone as it has no skype in it. i mean no video chat or conversations which is been in market for a very very long time . many applications refuse to load on this phone . AND THERE IS NO CARRYING CASE / HOLSTER . a moronic box with lots of chargers. it was a great phone 1 years ago . but now i feel like its like leftovers of the technology
    Shezy and chris8189 like this.
    05-04-13 05:16 PM
    I think it would be a good way to build on the relationship Blackberry and Porsche Deign forged with the P'9981.
    There were some mistakes made with the execution of the P'9981. But assuming they've learned from that and are willing to make the leap in quality of product, like they have for their current BB10 offerings, they'll make another winner for sure!

And just in case any Blackberry employees are reading this board, I agree with earlier posters, including a holster is A MUST!
    05-06-13 12:07 PM
    i have been using p9981 and trust me its a great looking phone ..but over time the paint fro top gets faded , leather back gets worn off from edges in 6 month . overall it feels like a dumb phone as it has no skype in it. i mean no video chat or conversations which is been in market for a very very long time . many applications refuse to load on this phone . AND THERE IS NO CARRYING CASE / HOLSTER . a moronic box with lots of chargers. it was a great phone 1 years ago . but now i feel like its like leftovers of the technology
    Thanks for replying! and helping me out. Your point of view of a P9981 as a everyday modern smartphone really helped me out A LOT!. I think I am just going to get a Q10 right now (only question is Black or White?) and wait out for a Porsche Design BB10 do you think that the Dev Alpha C device could possibly be the successor to the P9981? Thanks again for all your help and insight!
    chris8189 likes this.
    05-06-13 08:26 PM
    Why do you wrote that there is no official holster for the 9981?

You can just buy it, at the Porsche Design store, or online, for example here:
    Link: onlineshop.porsche-design.com/de/produkte/detail/cat/small-leather-goods/product/classic-line-case-for-pd-phone.html
    https://onlineshop.porsche-design.co...-pd-phone.html
    05-07-13 02:16 PM
    When you purchase a P9981 a holster is not included. I think that they meant that one should be included. They are aware that there are holsters available for sale.
    05-07-13 09:09 PM
    Anyone know if Porsche Design will be releasing a newer Blackberry now that BB10 came out?

How soon was the P9981 release after they released the 9900?

I'm loving the P9981 but outside of making calls and sending text messages, the phone software feels so dated compared to what is out on the market nowadays
    http://forums.crackberry.com/rumored...6/#post8527213

Would this design suit your fancy? Or is a new design essential?
    05-25-13 04:13 PM
    very nice!!! I just hope it doesn't lose its functionality
    05-25-13 06:46 PM