Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    Got a smoking deal on a 9981 yesterday on Amazon.

I assume everything is like the 9900?

Dean
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 06-20-16 at 09:25 AM.
    06-19-16 09:30 AM
    How much did you pay for it? is it the silver edition?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-26-16 01:13 PM
    The first one I bought was on Amazon. The listing said "English keyboard", however when I received it it was Arabic. I paid.$600. I tried to negotiate to have him refund me $100 so I could have it changed out. He declined. I'm currently waiting for Amazon to get it straighten out so I can return and get my $600 back.

So Saturday I found one one Ebay for $450 and he said that if I didn't like it I could return it. So I bought and paid for it. He shipped it the same day as payment.

Yes it is the silver edition.

I have always wanted this phone as I love my 9900.

BTW I found the 9981 cases in black or gold. I'm thinking the 9900 main frame would fit inside this frame.

PIN 2COF829A
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 06-27-16 at 05:21 AM.
    06-26-16 10:51 PM
    The first one I bought was on Amazon. The listing said "English keyboard", however when I received it it was Arabic. I paid.$600. I tried to negotiate to have him refund me $100 so I could have it changed out. He declined. I'm currently wanting for Amazon to get it straighten out so I can return and get my $600 back.

So Saturday I found one one Ebay for $450 and he said that if I didn't like it I could return it. So I bought and paid for it. He shipped it the same day as payment.

Yes it is the silver edition.

I have always wanted this phone as I love my 9900.

BTW I found the 9981 cases in black or gold. I'm thinking the 9900 main frame would fit inside this frame.

PIN 2COF829A
    I wouldn't mind using the English-Arabic keyboard, i think it looks nice, you should be able to type in english on the keyboard too. $600 is a lot though considering they are much cheaper on ebay, there is a seller in canada selling one for $220CAD because it was reported lost/stolen and can sometimes lose signal because of it, the phone is in pretty good condition, i was tempted to buy it but i didn't because of it being reported lost/stolen.

Mr4aces and MaxxxBerry23 like this.
    06-27-16 04:17 AM
    I wouldn't mind using the English-Arabic keyboard, i think it looks nice, you should be able to type in english on the keyboard too. $600 is a lot though considering they are much cheaper on ebay, there is a seller in canada selling one for $220CAD because it was reported lost/stolen and can sometimes lose signal because of it, the phone is in pretty good condition, i was tempted to buy it but i didn't because of it being reported lost/stolen.

I know but matter of biases based on what is going on in the world.

I did find a good one for $450 on Ebay. There were cheaper ones on Ebay but want a mint one.

Dean
    06-29-16 11:58 PM

I did find a good one for $450 on Ebay. There were cheaper ones on Ebay but want a mint one.

Dean
    Not all muslim people are like those evil, crazy terrorists. They bombed an Istanbul airport in a country thats majority muslim, and that same day they bombed a town in Lebanon 8 times, an 80% muslim country. You can sell me the arabic keyboard p9981 if you like.

06-30-16 03:56 AM
    How much did you pay for it? is it the silver edition?

Dark platinum, not silver

Posted via CB10
    06-30-16 05:09 PM

Dean
    I'll take it off your hands for what you paid plus I'll pay for the shipping.
    Wouldn't mind the Arabic keyboard as I can type in Arabic with my limited knowledge.

It's a beautiful language once you get to know it. Especially classical Arabic. It's spoken by millions of Muslims, Christians, Druze, Atheists, and other religious groups. One of the six official languages of the UN.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-16 06:12 PM
    I'll take it off your hands for what you paid plus I'll pay for the shipping.
    Wouldn't mind the Arabic keyboard as I can type in Arabic with my limited knowledge.

It's a beautiful language once you get to know it. Especially classical Arabic. It's spoken by millions of Muslims, Christians, Druze, Atheists, and other religious groups. One of the six official languages of the UN.

Posted via CB10
    And lets not forget arabic music and food, probably some of the best in the world i love arabic music so much i even recorded 2 songs in arabic.

07-01-16 04:09 AM
    Not saying all Muslims are bad. It's just the one I'm dealing with after no less than 10 emails he excepted my return. Then it tool a call to Amazon to get my shipping coast reimbursed.

Look on Amazon he should have it listed again.

PIN 2COF829A
    07-04-16 04:22 PM
    Congrats on this great phone, OP. Nice. Use that one with pride. I would.

I pondered the purchase of that phone for months. It's just too pricey for me. I'm sticking with the 9900 on the business line and currently am enjoying the Passport on the personal line, but if I was ever tempted.....
    07-04-16 04:32 PM
    Not saying all Muslims are bad. It's just the one I'm dealing with after no less than 10 emails he excepted my return. Then it tool a call to Amazon to get my shipping coast reimbursed.

PIN 2COF829A
    It's not the seller's responsibility to refund you the money to return the item, it was a fully functioning device with an english keyboard with some arabic letters on the corners, i would be very happy with one of those.

07-05-16 06:55 AM

PIN 2COF829A
    What is the sellers ID?

Posted via CB10
    07-05-16 09:12 AM
    What is the sellers ID?

Posted via CB10
    Amar M
    07-05-16 09:32 PM
    After two tries at owning a 9981, The first one with Arabic keyboard and the second one wore out I found a new one on Ebay's auction. Paid $510 for it with a black keyboard and ordered a platinum keyboard and lower cover. Should be here next week.

I hope it is new like the auction said it was.
    07-17-16 07:15 PM
    After two tries at owning a 9981, The first one with Arabic keyboard and the second one wore out I found a new one on Ebay's auction. Paid $510 for it with a black keyboard and ordered a platinum keyboard and lower cover. Should be here next week.

I hope it is new like the auction said it was.
    What happened with the arabic keyboard version?

07-18-16 06:38 AM
    What happened with the arabic keyboard version?

Dont look like he relisted.

BTW the 9981 is brand new I just bought
    07-22-16 09:42 PM
    Dont look like he relisted.

BTW the 9981 is brand new I just bought
    Maybe he thinks that it's not worth the trouble to try and sell it because of the arabic on the keyboard? I'd love it but i wouldn't pay over $200 for it especially considering Whatsapp wont be working in a few months.

07-26-16 10:37 AM
    Reviving this thread to share that I just bought a brand new 9981 for 450 CAD and cannot wait for it to arrive next week!!!

I have always wanted this phone and now I can finally add it to my collection and display it right next to my 9983. Now I just need the 9992 to complete the PD Trinity!

My only gripe is that I will only be able to appreciate it as a museum piece... I don't know if I have what it takes to rock it as a daily driver. The fact that I can't use BBM because my account belongs to android is a major blocker. It's the main reason why I can't ever take the 9983 out for a spin. But at least with BB10 I can still read email.

Is there a way to set up email on these BBOS devices that doesn't involve BIS or going through the browser? Someone in that super mega 9900 resurgence thread must have come up with a workaround by now no?
    07-13-18 10:02 PM
    This beauty finally joined my collection today! Amazing looking device but absolutely not usable for me in 2018.

Nevertheless, I'm happy to finally own it and now need to get the 9982 to complete the BB PD Trinity!

My love for the Bold 9900 envy of those owning a 9981-img_20180717_1619174.jpg
    07-17-18 10:25 PM