Here's what you'll find in the box:
    Attached Thumbnails Looking for Luxury Phone-uploadfromtaptalk1357438822050.jpg   Looking for Luxury Phone-uploadfromtaptalk1357438865673.jpg   Looking for Luxury Phone-uploadfromtaptalk1357438876478.jpg   Looking for Luxury Phone-uploadfromtaptalk1357438888593.jpg  
    chris8189 likes this.
    01-05-13 08:21 PM
    Thank You so much, i'll carry these photos with me to check upon delivery that everythings there. Today is going to be the day i get it. Hope nothing goes wrong! Once again thank you bro. Will post back once i have it. Take care.
    01-09-13 03:51 AM
    Thank You so much, i'll carry these photos with me to check upon delivery that everythings there. Today is going to be the day i get it. Hope nothing goes wrong! Once again thank you bro. Will post back once i have it. Take care.
    Oh you getting it today thats exciting bro! Keep us posted we wanna know how is your experience with it.. good luck!
    01-09-13 04:29 PM
    Oh man i was writing a detailed description and suddenly lost everything when page froze after trying to insert an image (I hate when i lose large amounts of text when posting on forums, hate it!). In short.

Phone and everything seem as brand new. What i don't like:

-It seems to be dropping some calls. Don't have strong signal reception in my apartment, but still the previous Nokias i used managed to maintain the line open till the found new signal. This one seems to end conversations abruptly when signal drops.

-I was afraid of the next thing I'm going to describe. I don't feel confident walking with these phone at all times. For example last night i took a one hour walk at night and i had to switch to my cheaper phone so i wont fall victim of theft or attack .These are dangerous times we live in, with immigrants all over the place, and you don't want to carry expensive things on your person.

I also received a leather case. It is Porsche original but i don't know if this is the one you're supposed to get for this phone or if it is a universal Porsche case for smartphones. Anyway this is the one.

Is there any case that can interact with phone calls, or stil nothing yet? Cause it is a hassle pulling the phone out of this one, and still having to press buttons to answer.

I was writing everything in great detail, but now this is all i have the courage to sum up. Will come back with additional feedback of likes and donts.
    01-10-13 09:56 AM
    Yeap there's an original holster which has a magnet in it.

Oh man i was writing a detailed description and suddenly lost everything when page froze after trying to insert an image (I hate when i lose large amounts of text when posting on forums, hate it!). In short.

-It seems to be dropping some calls. Don't have strong signal reception in my apartment, but still the previous Nokias i used managed to maintain the line open till the found new signal. This one seems to end conversations abruptly when signal drops.

-I was afraid of the next thing I'm going to describe. I don't feel confident walking with these phone at all times. For example last night i took a one hour walk at night and i had to switch to my cheaper phone so i wont fall victim of theft or attack .These are dangerous times we live in, with immigrants all over the place, and you don't want to carry expensive things on your person.

I also received a leather case. It is Porsche original but i don't know if this is the one you're supposed to get for this phone or if it is a universal Porsche case for smartphones. Anyway this is the one.

http://www.kickmobiles.com/DesktopMo...jpg&PORTALID=0

Is there any case that can interact with phone calls, or stil nothing yet? Cause it is a hassle pulling the phone out of this one, and still having to press buttons to answer.

I was writing everything in great detail, but now this is all i have the courage to sum up. Will come back with additional feedback of likes and donts.
    01-10-13 02:09 PM
    01-10-13 02:54 PM

http://www.kickmobiles.com/DesktopMo...jpg&PORTALID=0

glad that you finally have the phone! Im not having issues with reception per here I guess it depends on the carrier sometimes but having said that I'm still having call issues though where sometime when I have an incoming call it automatically goes to loudspeaker and won't go back to normal unless I reboot my phone...I reckon it's a software problem because i have encountered few people having the same issue so I hope they will fix that on the next software update, apart from that I'm loving the whole P'9981 experience it's weird because over here people don't really recognized the phone, I wen went to a porsche car dealership and had my phone on a table while signing papers and they didn't even noticed.. I guess it depends on the environment but yeah it's a must to be careful at all times.

That porsche design case yeah it's made exclusively for the P9981. Im using a gucci case for mine so I don know I that porsche design case would be able to help with calls etc but you can give it a try by to Options> Call management > In-call settings and then set your auto end calls to "Into Holster" and your auto answer calls to "Out of Holster". Save that settings and put your phone back to the holster. When you get call try and pull the phone out of the holster and see if it'll automatically take the call. It's worth trying. Let me know if it works. If it does ill buy a case from porsche design too
    01-11-13 01:51 AM
    These options were already enabled, but it doesn't seem to do anything with this case

BTW it seems it is running to 7.0.0.539 Should i update to latest version?

Also do you have any neat earphones to recommend? Are you using any?

And finally have you heard of the new Black Matte that supposedly came out this year? Any thought on the new look?
    01-11-13 03:56 PM
    These options were already enabled, but it doesn't seem to do anything with this case

And finally have you heard of the new Black Matte that supposedly came out this year? Any thought on the new look?
    Oh well in that case maybe it's not possible to actually make the case respond to the phone calls..sorry about that, but it wouldn't bother me though I still prefer to actually pull my phone out of the case and see who's calling me before in answer..

I never really use an earphone to this phone the fact that I use a separate device for music and entertainment...but it does come with an eearphone anyway, isn't it any good?

Yeah I'm craving the black matte one I will be checking one out when I fly to Sydney at the end of the month and decide from there..our fellow member BaranE is having trouble with the black P9981 so I'm worried at the same time too...specs wise I love the whole design. do you like it?
    01-11-13 04:15 PM
    Oh well in that case maybe it's not possible to actually make the case respond to the phone calls..sorry about that, but it wouldn't bother me though I still prefer to actually pull my phone out of the case and see who's calling me before in answer..
    I remember that it helped me when i was using it on Bold9000. Although I had "answer out of holder" switched off as well. The one i used to like and find useful, was ending calls by slipping it into holster. But its okay, i'll get used to not having this option. Its not a complete dealbreaker.

The one thing that is really letting me down, is how BBos7 behaves when searching on home screen. I used to find it one of the best features of BBos5 when you could just type someones name and have it appear instantly like so.

Now on BBos7, the search from homescreen looks so weird. Even if you deselect every search feature except contacts it still doesnt feel as neat and helpful.
    I really hope there's a way to make it appear as it was before, that i just havent found yet!

I never really use an earphone to this phone the fact that I use a separate device for music and entertainment...but it does come with an eearphone anyway, isn't it any good?
    Well i wont use it for music either. Just calls, but i was wondering if there was something snazzy and distinguished that could complement the phone. The ones on the box, look so casual and generic as most. I also dont like using bleutooth ones, cause they need charging all the time, plus when you're on road they make you look like you're in the matrix or just talking to yourself.

Yeah I'm craving the black matte one I will be checking one out when I fly to Sydney at the end of the month and decide from there..our fellow member BaranE is having trouble with the black P9981 so I'm worried at the same time too...specs wise I love the whole design. do you like it?
    Well as far as i can tell from the pictures on the internet, it must look better. Maybe because its one single color. The fact that the one we have is silver on top and bottom and black on the center, makes it lose its edge somehow. Maybe if it was silver all-around it could have been better. But then Again, Black Matte should beat it.

What kind of trouble are you referring to?
    01-11-13 04:48 PM
    I remember that it helped me when i was using it on Bold9000. Although I had "answer out of holder" switched off as well. The one i used to like and find useful, was ending calls by slipping it into holster. But its okay, i'll get used to not having this option. Its not a complete dealbreaker.

The one thing that is really letting me down, is how BBos7 behaves when searching on home screen. I used to find it one of the best features of BBos5 when you could just type someones name and have it appear instantly like so.

http://st.gsmarena.com/vv/reviewsimg...marena_067.jpg

Now on BBos7, the search from homescreen looks so weird. Even if you deselect every search feature except contacts it still doesnt feel as neat and helpful.
    I really hope there's a way to make it appear as it was before, that i just havent found yet!

http://www6.pcmag.com/media/images/2...900-search.jpg

Well i wont use it for music either. Just calls, but i was wondering if there was something snazzy and distinguished that could complement the phone. The ones on the box, look so casual and generic as most. I also dont like using bleutooth ones, cause they need charging all the time, plus when you're on road they make you look like you're in the matrix or just talking to yourself.

Well as far as i can tell from the pictures on the internet, it must look better. Maybe because its one single color. The fact that the one we have is silver on top and bottom and black on the center, makes it lose its edge somehow. Maybe if it was silver all-around it could have been better. But then Again, Black Matte should beat it.

Oh okay..i dont really use the search function from homescreen so wouldn't be a problem to me
    01-11-13 10:54 PM

http://st.gsmarena.com/vv/reviewsimg...marena_067.jpg

http://www6.pcmag.com/media/images/2...900-search.jpg

I use a Bluetooth headset on mine...just gives me the flexibility to move around because I dont like having the cord around my neck
    01-11-13 10:56 PM
    I actually like the silver and black combination on the original P998 and the chrome bezel I dont like an all black phone but I wouldn't mind having a matte black along with the original P9981

The problem thay one member is having problem with is that just died randomly and didn turned on anymore
    01-11-13 11:00 PM

You need a case with a magnet in it for auto lock&answer etc. to work. Currently AFAIK porsche design has 3 types of cases. The one you have the picture on the top, and two different holsters.

Only this holster

NEW PORSCHE DESIGN ORIGINAL LEATHER HOLSTER CASE <br. FOR BLACKBERRY PORSCHE P9981 | KICKmobiles > Home

has the magnet. Other holster looks like this one but doesn't have the magnet and doesn't have a flip-top. Instead has an open back. Just search the 9981 forum.

As far as the black 9981 problems, you can check my original topic. I still can't figure out how RIM hasn't managed to fix these kinds of hardware problems in the brand new black 9981. 9900 has been out nearly 2 years and the day they released it it had this self bricking behavior.
    01-14-13 03:05 PM
    Are these problems located on the Hardware or the software? Cause I'm on 7.0 and i want to upgrade to 7.1 and i'm afraid i may start having these problems. Should i do it?
    P.S. Is 7.1 even a significant FW upgrade?
    01-15-13 05:36 AM
    Are these problems located on the Hardware or the software? Cause I'm on 7.0 and i want to upgrade to 7.1 and i'm afraid i may start having these problems. Should i do it?
    P.S. Is 7.1 even a significant FW upgrade?
    These are mainly hardware problems. If anything, any OS higher than 7.0.0.5xx fixed the red light bricking for many 99xx users. 7.1 is imho a major upgrade. You get BB device analyzer, hotspot feature, app resource monitor, custom LED colors etc. You should follow the Crackberry 101 OS upgrade guide and install the latest firmware (Stick on the top of the 9981 forum).
    01-15-13 10:38 AM
    Thanx but what sticky are you referring to? The only sticky here is something about latest claro Uruguay and Paraguay.
    01-15-13 10:52 AM
    Thanx but what sticky are you referring to? The only sticky here is something about latest claro Uruguay and Paraguay.
    yeap thats the latest one. just download it and follow the guide on http://www.crackberry.com/blackberry-101-how-install-or-upgrade-new-rim-blackberry-operating-system-os
    01-15-13 01:37 PM
    OK Will do. What's with the Urugay and such though, does it matter that it is released for those Countries? Will it contain all Languages?
    01-15-13 04:55 PM
    OK Will do. What's with the Urugay and such though, does it matter that it is released for those Countries? Will it contain all Languages?
    Nope it doesnt matter. it is multi language.
    01-16-13 01:39 AM
    One thing i forgot to ask before. Is it possible to synchronize the porsche with all my data i had before from my bold9000? Not just contacts and other basic stuff, but call logs, messages, emails, and everything that was on my 9000 can i get them to the porsche?
    02-13-13 11:17 AM
    Yeah I do that I transfer datas in between bold 9900 and P9981
    02-14-13 05:00 PM
    Is there a guide on how to do it? Cause i need to empty my old 9000 to format it and then sell it. But i need to transfer everything to the porsche before i do that.
    02-15-13 04:53 AM
    Just did a full backup from my bold 9000 with Desktop Manager. Is it safe to now plug the porsche and restore the data to it?
    02-15-13 08:48 AM
    Yes it is safe. BB desktop manager will also ask you whether you want to transfer from an old phone or not when you first connect a device.
    02-16-13 06:09 AM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD