Okay so i am desperate to find a place/website where I can buy a genuine porsche design holster for the P9981 and i came across this website amazon.co.uk (its my first time to be on this site and i thought I would give it a try if its as good as ebay and also if its reliable and not spams) and then i searched and i found a holster for the P'9981!!! I was very happy and wanting to actually purchase it but I am worry that it is probably not the real thing or like if its just a cheap version or something like that, I have sent the question to the site and waiting for their response but i thought I would bring it up here too and se what you guys think, i really want to buy it now but ill wait till I get enough comments to make sure its safe to get it.

Here's the link:
    Research In Motion leather case for BlackBerry 9981: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics
    houshinto#IM likes this.
    06-26-12 08:52 PM
    Yeap that is the case I have ordered from Porsche Design Store in Singapore but have not arrived yet. it is selling for SGD145 before a 15% discount. To me this is the best case for P'9981 as it does not damage the battery cover of the phone.

Unfortunately Amazon does not ship to Singapore
    06-27-12 12:34 AM
    oh yes they dont ship to australia either, i asked them if they can somehow arrange it for me im willing to pay extra but havent heard from them yet.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9981
    06-27-12 12:39 AM
    Just remember I think they does not have magnets inside
    06-27-12 01:30 AM
    oh whats the magnets for?

06-27-12 02:13 AM
    They get back to me and they cant ship to where I am, very unfortunate I need this holster badly, someone from the us/uk should buy this and sell on ebay im keen to buy it
    06-27-12 07:14 PM
    Good find! Thankful I'll be soon able to stop living in paranoid fear of damaging this phone in my pockets.
    06-28-12 10:51 AM
    @HKLow youre lucky to have a porsche design in there thay sells the holster, the only porsche design in australia as far as im aware of is at sydney and they dont have the case for the P9981 either. So im still searching back to step 1, gonna have to source other alternatives

06-28-12 04:30 PM
    @Houshinto yeah hehe let me know how is it if u ever buy it

06-28-12 04:30 PM
    @HKLow youre lucky to have a porsche design in there thay sells the holster, the only porsche design in australia as far as im aware of is at sydney and they dont have the case for the P9981 either. So im still searching back to step 1, gonna have to source other alternatives

Yup I am lucky to have Porsche Design store here but the service sucks !!! I have ordered 2 of these holster for my 2 sets of P'9981 but they have not arrived yet

BTW, RIM did a 1:1 swap of my faulty P'9981 and I didnt have to send for repair
    Last edited by HK Low; 07-03-12 at 06:06 AM.
    07-03-12 06:04 AM
    07-03-12 06:15 AM
    I found out that theres actually a porsche design shop at sydney (the only one in australia so far i know) i rang them up and they placed a special order for me so now i will just have to wait for it, its weird asking for it when it hasnt been officially released in australia yet- the P9981. So i feel kind of special somehow

You have two P9981s! Thats amazing!! Why is the other one faulty?

07-03-12 06:24 AM
    That is great !! I hope they get the holder to you soon.

My 1st P'9981 had a power management issue. Whenever I charge it up to 100% and turn full power off for 8 hours. After 8 hours when I turn it on, I will be left with 70% battery. RIM in Canada suggested i send it in for servicing but I was insistent on 1:1 swap. Finally successful in getting the swap.

While waiting for all this to be settled, I couldnt help it because I love the P'9981 so much.......i went out to buy another one
    07-03-12 06:33 AM
    They're pretty expensive though, the holster, just add a little more and itll be equal to a designer brand holster. i just bought one holster that looks like what they have for the iphone 4 except designed and custom fit for the P9981.

So do you ever use both of them at the same time? I felt the same too after first 2days of using it i went and have a look for another one because once i peeled of all the protective films i got paranoid that itll get some scratches because I have no case yet and the films were off but i got over it and decided not to buy another one. hehehe

07-03-12 06:39 AM
    Nope, the 2nd one is unadulterated with the original loaded OS. I have not loaded any data into it. It is sealed in an airtight zip lock bag for the purpose of collection. I hope that the price will go up in time........maybe USD5K I also observed that all new P'9981 comes factory loaded with OS 7.1.0 Bundle 1149 and the label outside indicates the new OS as well as a new number of PRD-47972-002 Model REQ71UW. I wonder what the PRD-47972-002 means.
    07-03-12 07:40 AM
    When i got mine as soon as turn it on it asked me to upgrade the software so i did it remotely, maybe yeah the new productions already been upgraded to the 7.1 software, i dont know what those codes stands for either. A quick question though, have you noticed that the battery cover is a little wobbly, its like not as tight as other blackberry covers if you try move it sideways it actually moves a little bit it annoys me.

07-03-12 07:50 AM
    Yes the battery cover is wobbly and moves sideways.

I tried to get a replacement battery cover but the RIM authorized Repair Center mentioned that they do not sell it and it is very difficult to get hold of them. However, they informed me that there are customers that dropped their P'9981 and they are able to offer a replacement casing together with a new battery cover for SGD320. They will take back the old stainless steel casing and replace it with a new one but will let you keep the old battery cover
    07-03-12 09:20 AM
    It doesnrt make sense though because all the P9981s built that way so even if they will replace it, they will all be wobbly. i put a piece of business cardsl underneath cut it according to size so itll fit perfectly without covering the NFC and it helps

07-03-12 06:36 PM
    They're pretty expensive though, the holster, just add a little more and itll be equal to a designer brand holster. i just bought one holster that looks like what they have for the iphone 4 except designed and custom fit for the P9981.
    I have waited too long for the Blackberry Leather Holster for the P'9981 from the Porsche Design Store in Singapore. So I ordered 2 Blackberry Leather Holster from the Porsche Design Store at Harrods...........power of international shopping
    07-09-12 09:07 AM
    I have waited too long for the Blackberry Leather Holster for the P'9981 from the Porsche Design Store in Singapore. So I ordered 2 Blackberry Leather Holster from the Porsche Design Store at Harrods...........power of international shopping
    oh how much are they?
    07-09-12 09:17 AM
    2 of them cost GBP130 plus GBP30 shipping to Singapore. So total GBP160
    07-09-12 10:03 PM
    My Blackberry Leather Pocket for P'9981 from Harrods finally arrived.
    07-20-12 06:10 AM
    Good fine
    07-21-12 02:13 PM
    Did u buy two with the same style?
    07-21-12 05:18 PM
    Yes i did.

Previously I have the other PD cases (Black and Orange) but the inside of the casing has an inherent defect (the glue that sticks the leather piece comes off and gets stuck to the phone). Also, the case was too tight and it was creating friction such that there is wear and tear on the battery cover (near the 3.5 mm jack)
    07-21-12 09:22 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD