blackberry porsche p'9981 does not power on but just blinks its red light,the phone is not connecting to the desktop application nor do i hear the connection sound when connected to the laptop so i can install or update the os as i have read in other threads.i have charged the battery for hours on end but still no signs of improvement .i am really freaking out and will appreciate any advice.please any advice will really be appreciated .
    08-03-17 07:10 AM
    Have you tried running an Autoloader and then plugging in the USB cord to the phone.... https://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-l...loader-927076/

Generally an Autoloader will find your phone, even if it's not showing up in any other way. Sadly the info on the phone is lost, other than whatever backups that you have. But chances are good that you'll be able to get it going again.
    08-03-17 08:06 AM
    There aren't autoloaders for the 9981, it's too old. And since it won't connect to your computer I'm not sure about the other ways to reload the OS.
    08-03-17 08:07 AM
    blackberry porsche p'9981 does not power on but just blinks its red light,the phone is not connecting to the desktop application nor do i hear the connection sound when connected to the laptop so i can install or update the os as i have read in other threads.i have charged the battery for hours on end but still no signs of improvement .i am really freaking out and will appreciate any advice.please any advice will really be appreciated .
    Saw this thread and went in in hope of getting a deal on a dead P'9981, lol.

But your fix could be a new battery. Look for a new J-M1 on eBay or Amazon. If that doesn't work, it's likely a brick now and appreciate if you would donate it to my future Blackberry display, lol.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-17 10:43 AM