04-29-11 03:48 PM
28 12
tools
  1. sgroh87's Avatar
    Right now I have an HTC Inspire sitting around that I'm trying to sell. I'm using a 9700 as my main phone. I plan to upgrade to a Bold Touch or Torch 2 off-contract over the summer, but I don't know which one I will want to go with. Would it be dumb to trade my Inspire for a Torch when a new one is going to be out in the next three or four months, or should I just keep trying to get some cash for it? I figure that if I do get it, I can either sell it or give it to a family member as an upgrade once the T2 or Bold Touch comes out.
    04-26-11 07:25 PM
  2. slow x 2's Avatar
    go for it you will love it i love mine torch. I have only had it for just over a month and i dont miss my iphone at all love the torch.
    04-26-11 07:31 PM
  3. bj
    I've just had to make a decision like this myself. I had to get a new phone because the battery life on mine made it useless. I felt stupid getting a Torch now with all the new devices rumored to be coming out. But I am very happy with the Torch's performance, and who knows when the new ones will be coming out. It could just be July, but it could be later. I also wonder what battery life will be like on the Torch 2. So for what it's worth, my advice is to get a Torch now. I'm really happy with mine.
    04-26-11 07:36 PM
  4. MikeGomez's Avatar
    My dad is changing his I4 for the Torch this month so it depends on what you want I told him wait for the new ones and he answer I WANT IT NOW IF I LIKE IT I WILL BUY THE T2 ALSO. Jajajaja so I told him go for it SIR!!!!!!!

    You won't regret it.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-26-11 07:51 PM
  5. j0esmoe13's Avatar
    I would wait. Torch1 had many bugs and is simply an inferior phone compared to other devices released around the same time. Screen resolution and processor speed are 2 main issue that significantly lag behind the competition. Rumor has it that Torch2 will contain significant upgrades in these arenas. If you waited 6 months to get it, why wouldnt you wait another 3-6 months for a drastically better product?
    04-27-11 12:27 PM
  6. pjmacklin's Avatar
    with several new devices coming available in the next few months, i think it might be wise to wait. most, if not all, will have enhanced capabilities and will likely be equipped with some variant of os6.1. of course, if you wait, you will pay a higher upgrade price whereas you can likely get a torch today for $49 or less.
    04-27-11 12:32 PM
  7. zensen's Avatar
    RIM's conference is very soon, so it might be worth holding off til then but if you really need a blackberry phone now, You can't go wrong with the torch. It'll be very generous of you to give it to a family member to trade up - at least then you'll have another bbm user unless they are already using it.

    It's a great phone but you have to consider why you'll want to get the torch now only to want to get another phone very soon afterwards depending on the release dates of a new blackberry?

    but no its not too late if its suits your needs.
    04-27-11 12:35 PM
  8. SmakBerry's Avatar
    my personal opinion... if you really want one, get one used, that will give you time to figure it out and decide if you like it. Torch 2 will be way better then it is now.
    Culex316 likes this.
    04-27-11 12:42 PM
  9. plguzman's Avatar
    Get it and sell it as soon as you get the T2
    04-27-11 12:48 PM
  10. Kobol's Avatar
    i would wait for the torch 2, the torch is only a year old but it feels 3 years old, like the playbook i think it was rushed out.
    04-27-11 12:48 PM
  11. mzmette's Avatar
    i've had my torch for a couple months now and i absolutely love it. i thought the 9700 bold was the bomb well so is the torch. i mean touch screen/keyboard and trackpad

    funnny because i went from the 9700 with tmo to torch with att, got the htc inspire while i still had my torch luckily and since then have returned it.

    basically if that's what you want get it. by the time the t2 comes out 3/6 months from now (just saying) you will have had the experience of the first to know if you wanna upgrade.
    Last edited by mzmette; 04-27-11 at 01:12 PM.
    04-27-11 01:09 PM
  12. sleepngbear's Avatar
    with several new devices coming available in the next few months, i think it might be wise to wait. most, if not all, will have enhanced capabilities and will likely be equipped with some variant of os6.1. of course, if you wait, you will pay a higher upgrade price whereas you can likely get a torch today for $49 or less.
    My thoughts as well. I have the Torch and love it; but based on the specs, Torch 2 should absolutely spank Torch 1. I'd say hold on for a couple more months if you can.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-11 02:03 PM
  13. synwars's Avatar
    I would wait. Patience pays off in NFC, MiFi, 1.2Ghz processor... up from 624 Mhz from either Torch 1 or 9700/9780.

    Future phones are looking powerful enough to woo me.

    Bold Touch for me, I needs that Cadillac keyboard. Sick of this top heavy narrow inset flat keyboard that is on the Torch.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-11 03:07 PM
  14. daveshiz's Avatar
    I would wait. Torch1 had many bugs and is simply an inferior phone compared to other devices released around the same time. Screen resolution and processor speed are 2 main issue that significantly lag behind the competition. Rumor has it that Torch2 will contain significant upgrades in these arenas. If you waited 6 months to get it, why wouldnt you wait another 3-6 months for a drastically better product?
    torch had bugs what fones dont?, but no torch bugs for quite some time
    go for it
    04-27-11 03:13 PM
  15. westcoaststyle's Avatar
    If you think you can find a buyer for the Torch when the new phones roll out, then go for it. Or if you have a crapload of money laying around, then go ahead. Otherwise, maybe it's wise to just wait it out.
    04-27-11 03:29 PM
  16. papped's Avatar
    If you get it used and cheap enough its worth it. The depreciation likely won't be huge and you can resell and get the T2 later.
    04-27-11 03:42 PM
  17. sgroh87's Avatar
    I was planning on buying a used one anyway; I've found a couple for 200-250 bucks. The other minor consideration is that the T1 has already had most of its bugs ironed out, while the T2 will be a new product, and no one knows how it's going to stack up to the original. It may be buggy, the battery may be worse (which seems like it might be likely considering that it has the same sized battery as the original but the processor is twice as fast/screen has more pixels to light up).

    I think I'll hold off on getting the Torch, at least until the release date of the T2 is announced.
    04-27-11 04:06 PM
  18. chrisryan44's Avatar
    Isn't RIM's conference where they will annouce the new phones only a few days away? If so I would wait to see if they announce release dates. If the announcement is coming soon, I'd wait a few days to see what the future looks like.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-11 04:45 PM
  19. Mrlovkim's Avatar
    I love my Torch si much I might just marry it. I know it has design problems wich don't bother me. The track ball rules and the biggest reasn for getting this my first bb is because it has a real keybord, hate the virtual ones. The Torch is pervect for me.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-11 06:35 PM
  20. Mrlovkim's Avatar
    But will say I am not happy just after I bought mine there will be a Torch2, feel a little ripped off when tyhe torch2 should have been the first one out.these companies get away with crap all the time.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-11 06:40 PM
  21. Mrlovkim's Avatar
    I love my Torch si much I might just marry it. I know it has design problems wich don't bother me. The track ball rules and the biggest reasn for getting this my first bb is because it has a real keybord, hate the virtual ones. The Torch is pervect for me.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-11 06:41 PM
  22. stevejb's Avatar
    I think this depends of if you are opting into a contract or not.

    Last month I upgraded on my 18 month contract from a 9700 to a 9800. This was because even though I knew that the Torch 2, and Bold touch were releasing this year, I also believe that the BB QNX devices will release in 2012 (probably late in the year here in the UK).

    Therfore, rather than waiting several months now for the new phones this year and then have to wait until 2013 to upgrade to QNX, i took the 9800 now.
    04-28-11 07:24 AM
  23. TSmith76's Avatar
    Well I just picked up a white Torch last month so hope that's not a stupid move. I think it's great!
    04-28-11 07:32 PM
  24. KiDPaul's Avatar
    I would honestly recommend buying it now, the T2 isn't being released till probably late 2012. U can buy the T1 pretty cheap 2. Plus buying it now u can get used to the layout and using the Torch so when the T2 comes out u'll be a pro lol.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-11 11:59 AM
  25. freedomx20a's Avatar
    Well I just got my torch a couple weeks ago and I love it. I knew of all the new devices but the torch does the job just fine for me. Battery lasting 3-4 days with my low muiltmedia usage.

    I will get torch 2 in 2 years probably.


    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-11 12:23 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD