(crosspost from the Torch forum, hope that's allowed here)

Right now I have an HTC Inspire sitting around that I'm trying to sell. I'm using a 9700 as my main phone. I plan to upgrade to a Bold Touch or Torch 2 off-contract over the summer, but I don't know which one I will want to go with. Would it be dumb to trade my Inspire for a Torch when a new one is going to be out in the next three or four months, or should I just keep trying to get some cash for it? I figure that if I do get it, I can either sell it or give it to a family member as an upgrade once the T2 or Bold Touch comes out.
    04-26-11 07:31 PM
    I would wait, T2 specs are WAY better, and I think you're going to enjoy it alot more. You just need to have some patience.

On the other side, there will always be a better phone on the market, but this time I would wait.
    Maloy likes this.
    04-27-11 04:12 AM
    I am not sure about the Inspire never having used it. I would wait on the T2. My MIL, who is using my 9700, was advised to wait and get the T2 since it was coming out soon instead of getting the T1.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-11 06:02 AM
    I just did the switch from Storm to Torch although the Torch2 is coming soon and DON'T regret it!
    04-27-11 01:14 PM
    Im in the same boat, Im thinking about getting a torch but man the T2 looking good, but thing is I need a BB and since there is no set in stone date, I might have to get a torch untill the T2 comes out. Untill then T1 here I come. mayb when there is a date in stone ill sell it b4 T2 comes hehe
    04-28-11 03:06 AM
    I just did the switch from Storm to Torch although the Torch2 is coming soon and DON'T regret it!
    Untill you've had a T2 in your hands lol
    04-28-11 04:14 AM
    Wait it out. It will be here shortly.
    04-28-11 04:20 PM
    Will the Torch be supported by phone companies after the Torch 2 is released, does anyone know? For example, if I dropped my Torch in the toilet what would it be replaced with on my insurance
    04-28-11 08:17 PM
    Depending upon your carrier, it may vary. I believe that AT&T will replace with a new one and a refurb for a warranty replacement.

04-28-11 08:44 PM
    Will the Torch be supported by phone companies after the Torch 2 is released, does anyone know? For example, if I dropped my Torch in the toilet what would it be replaced with on my insurance
    I use to be good friends with a insurance guy for T-Mobile and since they all used the same company, they will replace with the same device unless they dont have any and then they will give u the next best option, but somtimes it wouldnt be the next phone version might be something totally different...
    04-29-11 12:26 AM
    im in the same boat, was in the shop ready to start a new contract, then googled "BlackBerry torch" on the phone in store and all this torch 2 info popped up, I walked out minutes later! im waiting!
    04-29-11 07:57 AM
    I wouldn't buy a T1 at this point but that's just my 2 cents. I put mine in the drawer yesterday and went back to the 9700 because I was tired of the slider being so loose...

I probably won't stick with the T2 very long after I get mine to test just because I've decided I don't care for the design too much.

PG
    04-30-11 12:01 PM
    Why go through the hassle of testing? It seems as if your mind is made.

04-30-11 09:10 PM
    depends on how much you like the torch. the bold touch is looking better and better every day!
    04-30-11 10:28 PM
    The Touch is a very attractive option but I do also like being able to snap the slider up to answer and down to end a call. If the Touch has an on-screen keyboard will eat more screen.

04-30-11 10:34 PM
    i actually had the htc inspire for like a week returned it and went back to my torch. the inspire imo is a cool looking phone but the battery was horrible, kept dropping my calls and when outside you cannot see anything on the screen, the volume wasn't the greatest either. it just wasn't for me. as far as dropping my calls goes, i hadn't switched carriers, traveled any where different then when i used my torch but yet i didn't have those problems with the torch.
    who knows really when the torch2 will be out, if you want one get it.
    05-13-11 10:32 AM
    My brother who is a power user has one and loves it. Was offered a Iphone by his company and had no interest.
    05-18-11 11:47 PM
    no. wait. pointless. lol

05-19-11 12:04 AM
    First post here, I'm in the same boat and pretty torn. My Bold 9700 has the "white screen of death" problem off an on. As of last week, I was ready for our IT folks to get me a Torch (1). I've been doing a bunch of homework on here and other sites about the Torch and now that I see the T2 coming out (some say Q3, I've seen 8/15 posted, some say prior to X-mas) I think I can hold out, unless my screen issue becomes more persistant.

I think the Torch (1 or 2) offers me as a heavy business user during the day and a heavy social user during off hours the best of both worlds. Slightly bigger screen than my current Bold, but the 720HD video and the increases in processing power seem to be worth the wait vs a T1. I'm not so sure the Bold Touch with the small screen would be better, but it's a personal preferrence. The biggest issue is that to wait for a couple months is way easier than if it's indeed a X-mas launch.

I'll have to keep close to this topic and others to see how much more info leaks out over the coming weeks. Everyone keep up the good work on the solid contributions!
    05-29-11 01:11 PM
    Have to wait till X-mas ermmm thats way back ,,, lets hope the long wait is really worth it. As compared to lots of hands in T1
    06-01-11 04:21 AM
    i would just wait it out or buy a used one then sell it when the time comess
    06-01-11 11:42 AM
    With the release so potentially close and given the more than rumored specs, it would still be better to wait. At the end of the day, it is a personal decision for the OP or anyone else considering the Torch device family.

06-01-11 02:14 PM
    I hear T2 will have OS 7, can the OS 6 be upgraded to OS 7?
    06-03-11 04:33 AM
    It would seem not as the current news has been that OS7 will not be released for OS6 devices.

06-03-11 06:04 AM
    cannot wait for this phone, played with my friends torch and it seems real nice. i can only imagine how much more the torch 2 will be!
    06-03-11 06:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD