Why do the games cost for the storm where as with the gphone and Iphone it is all free??
    12-29-08 02:49 PM
    Because right now, App makers see an opportunity to price-gouge people. As time goes on and RIMs App Center rolls out, more and more Apps will become available, and they will be forced to lower their prices to something a little more appropriate, simply for the sake of competition...... hopefully.... Prices for Apps for the Storm right now are disgusting.
    12-29-08 03:17 PM
    Iphone and G1 apps arent free by the way
    12-29-08 03:18 PM
    They're not free. But they are significantly cheaper. There definitely are Apps that cost $10-$15 on the iPhone though. But there is a definite majority that are free or $1-$2...
    12-29-08 03:22 PM
    Yet another person that would be better off buying an iphone.

Yes all iphone apps are free.. Rolling eyes

Gphone apps only allow free apps untill they allow pay apps in 2009.
    12-29-08 03:22 PM
    Iphone and G1 apps arent free by the way
    Hundreds, if not thousands of them are. Also, let's not forget the "web apps", where the Blackberry cannot touch.

I'm a BB user, but you need to keep it real. I'm not sure the Rim Appstore will ever come anywhere near the Apple offering.
    12-29-08 03:24 PM
    I'm sure the cost has a lot to do with the fact that the Storm is so new, and the infancy of available development tools.
    12-29-08 03:26 PM
    does the storm support java games?gamefiles that are JAR?ive seen free ones of those but didnt even want to try if they're not supported
    12-29-08 03:28 PM
    Yet another person that would be better off buying an iphone.

Yes all iphone apps are free.. Rolling eyes

Gphone apps only allow free apps untill they allow pay apps in 2009.
    Yeah, you're right. Go pound sand and get a clue of what you are talking about. Yeah, just because we don't want to spend 10-15 bucks for an app, that means we should get an iPhone... Clueless you are.

I like my Storm. I'm keeping my Storm. I just think that it is outrageous for the cost of most apps out there right now. It will come down in time, and I can't wait for that.
    12-30-08 08:42 PM
    I have an ipod touch and many apps and games are free. The free blackjack game I have does have an ad banner on the top of the screen though...
    12-30-08 08:45 PM
    Yeah apple made it really easy to develop applications and made the sdk and loads of development how tos available. Not to mention iTunes distribution capability. More people buying they can keep the prices low and still make decent money.

Blackberry developers have had to design their own sites and advertise which isn't free. Much more difficult than design and upload directly toiTunes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-08 09:02 PM
    Its simple economics. Supply and demand. High demand with low supply equals higher prices due to lower competition. Novelty is the competition right now. Once more and more applications are rolled out that novelty competition is replaced by price competition.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-08 09:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD