I agree, BB games ARE lame...and we still hear the old chestnut..."Blackberry is for business..bla bla bla" Not anymore its not.

I have the Storm2 but I'm slowly getting annoyed with how little decent apps and games are avaliable for it.
    02-10-10 09:03 AM
    I agree 100% with above. I got the storm because I thought it would be adequate supplement for the iphone. Boy was I wrong. I got the storm because I saw it similar to an iphone an I wanted to stick with verizon because att service is bad here. After having the storm for four months its lackluster. No new os after months of waiting, horrible games that are over priced, and just an overall bland experience. Prior to my storm I had a curve 8330 the storm is tons better than my curve. But far inferior to an iphone. Now I'm just an average consumer. I'm not a business user but still. If I had the money right now I would cancel my contract and go straight to an iphone. The iphone is the phone for me and I know it. I owned an ipod touch for a year an a half and never got tired of it. Hopefully in six months I will own and be ecstatic with an iphone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Scaryjam823; 02-11-10 at 08:16 AM.
    02-11-10 12:04 AM
    I agree, BB games ARE lame...and we still hear the old chestnut..."Blackberry is for business..bla bla bla" Not anymore its not.

I have the Storm2 but I'm slowly getting annoyed with how little decent apps and games are avaliable for it.
    Agreed. I don't see too many "suits" in the latest BB All you Need is Love commercials. Yes, BB is a business phone, but RIM is also pushing for the consumer market as of late. I don't have AT&T 3G coverage were I live, and Verizon is 'everywhere', so iPhone isn't an option for me.

I got the Storm2 because of it's multimedia features and would like to see a better offering of lower priced games too.
    02-11-10 10:10 PM
    A working emulator for NES/SNES etc would solve this problem.
    02-14-10 12:43 PM
    If you thought:
    -It looks like an iphone
    -maybe its like an iphone
    -it will have the same "cool/trendy" stuff iphone does

Your wrong you should have gotten AT&T with an iphone. Of course its still a business device i mean wtf rim has not changed anything other than a full touch screen. Its not a media/fun device no matter how much u think it is or want it to be. I mean go get an iphone, or sidekick. BB will remain enterprise based. Yea i understand wanting "cooler" games but i mean go develope some or "Buy" one!

And stop comparing BB to iphone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-10 12:15 AM
    in my 2+ yrs of BB usage it has been a hopeless experience as per as games are concerned. All other platforms much better games and RIM needs to do a lot more catching up to do if they don't want to lose the non corporate consumers.
    02-21-10 03:03 AM
    How about some game recommendations?
    02-22-10 09:34 AM
    Blockberry (shameless bump, free), Nintaii, Aces Traffic Pack, Addictive Tower Defense, Cliffed, LinkFour (connect4 with online play, free also), Pacman (free), Zombie Attack Bad Blood, all are pretty fun.
    02-22-10 12:58 PM
    I have a PSP for playing games...I use the BB for work, surfing the net and talking with friends. I have the Storm 2 and love it...
    02-22-10 10:36 PM
    Games are getting better but it's kind of a chicken and egg thing. Since the sales for BB games are really low there isn't much of a budget to be spent on stuff like good graphics. As sales increase then so will the budgets and the quality of the games.

Another issue is the various BB devices. Hitting all the currently sold devices is tough and tends to lower the bar on the game.

Here is an example of a better game coming your way shortly. Now that there is support for 3d, it opens the door for smaller developers like myself to make decent graphics. Keep in mind the screen shots are a little dated.

03-01-10 05:11 PM
    Games are getting better but it's kind of a chicken and egg thing. Since the sales for BB games are really low there isn't much of a budget to be spent on stuff like good graphics. As sales increase then so will the budgets and the quality of the games.

Another issue is the various BB devices. Hitting all the currently sold devices is tough and tends to lower the bar on the game.

Here is an example of a better game coming your way shortly. Now that there is support for 3d, it opens the door for smaller developers like myself to make decent graphics. Keep in mind the screen shots are a little dated.
    Are you guys going to support the 8530? One trend that has not really been broken is everyone supports the S2 and that's it for opengl... But yeah I totally see the argument towards releasing non 3d games for all devices, vs just releasing 3d on the S2 or 8530...
    03-01-10 06:34 PM
    Actually it's one guy, not guys

Unfortunately for release it will be Storm 2 only. I don't own a 8530 so I can't do a release for it. Right now the game runs drastically different on the simulator than the actual device and I am not just talking speed. So it would be pretty risky at this point to do a release and just rely on testers.

This is yet another problem that RIM needs to address. Developers need to have access to the various devices at discounted prices. They have a developer program but it's pretty much impossible to qualify. Google will sell and ship you reference phones to develop Android apps.
    03-01-10 06:48 PM
    If you ever need a 8530 testing pool I'm down =P
    03-01-10 06:54 PM
    i don't find brickbreaker, kaglom, and texas hold em to be lame. i can't live without them.
    03-01-10 08:35 PM
    I love TETRIS ON BB
    03-02-10 05:42 AM
    Compared to the iPhone? I love my BB and will not ever get an iPhone, but the free games for BB are totally lame compared to the free games on iPhone. My wife has an iPhone and the games are awesome.
    How the heck can you compare an iPhone to the BlackBerry
    03-04-10 02:43 PM
    Being a BB game developer coming from the game console industry, I talk to other peers in the game industry about games for the iphone, Android and BlackBerry. We tend to agree that without a doubt that iphone has the most games and the best. We also agree that if Apple had the same 48hr no questions asked return policy that Google has for Android games, that 90% of games for the iphone would be returned.

When talking head to head with my peers about which is better iphone or BB, I am the only BB guy BTW, they always rant and rave as to how great the ihpone is etc. Thing is when you're just IM them with idle chit chat and they forget for a sec that they are iphone evangelist, you start hearing how crap most of the stuff is.

Also here is an interesting link showing how much money developers are making per platform. I think over this year you will see prices start to fall as volume picks up.
    03-05-10 09:35 AM
    The only problem is that the other platforms basically can never match the iphone's #'s, due to simple reasons like screen resolution discrepancies, hardware input discrepancies, etc. Apple has none of that...

Their crippling lack of hardware choice and options is their strength when it comes to development.
    03-05-10 06:00 PM
93 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD