So I was getting ready for a dump and pulled out my BB to play some poker while I did my business. I noticed my "Games" folder was gone and all the games in that folder were scattered on the Home screen! How random, everything was fine lastnight!

I checked for the games folder everywhere (in all the other folders), I hit "Show All" just in case it got hidden somehow. I even tried all that stuff after a battery pull, and it's just gone! It's not the biggest problem, I just created a new folder with a star on it to store my games, but it's just peculiar.

So, any thoughts? Where did my Games folder go (used to have a little controller image on it), and why did it go? I'm running OS .168 with a Beta Today type theme...
    03-06-09 02:51 PM
    Switch to a default precision theme and then do a battery pull.
    03-06-09 03:00 PM
    The new theme most likely caused it. I made my own theme and when I loaded it I lost my folders and had to recreate all of them.
    03-06-09 03:00 PM
    It's weird, I've been running this theme for weeks, so I'm wondering why it happened just now. I don't doubt that that may be what's caused it, but why now and why seemingly random!

I have noticed that every time I load a new theme or upgrade the OS that I have to re-arrange my home screen icons and re-hide some of the stuff. I think that may be normal for all the beta themes though.
    03-06-09 03:18 PM
    Its possible a 3rd party application or that theme, something caused your phone to restart overnight and you didn't know about it. Once that happened the icons were all funky. Did what I suggested fix your issue?
    03-06-09 03:29 PM
    Its possible a 3rd party application or that theme, something caused your phone to restart overnight and you didn't know about it. Once that happened the icons were all funky. Did what I suggested fix your issue?
    No, the phone didn't reboot, I have a SIM lock and it didn't ask for the pw this morning. I didn't try what you said, I really don't care enough for the icon on the games folder. Was just curious why it happened and if anyone else had the same thing happen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-06-09 04:53 PM
    Oh well, that was a shot in the dark anyway. Either way these themes are beta and they can cause all sorts of unexpected things.
    03-06-09 04:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD