I'm stuck at work listening to my iPhone and android coworkers laughing at me cause they got various apps to watch sports online. I don't know if it's an app or website but anywhere I can watch the game. The websites I have on my desktop stream the game with flash. Can't use those.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-12 05:45 PM
    no one? there has to be an app for this or something, this sucks
    01-16-12 10:31 PM
    Welcome to Blackberry my friend. Unfortunately there's nothing you can do unless your Carrier has this app where you could watch Live tv and its usually $5 per channel. Here in Canada, Bell phones have a Bell Mobile TV app where users can watch major networks on their phone including sport channels.
    01-17-12 02:05 AM
    It's a business phone, not a sports fans phone
    01-17-12 02:01 PM
    Playbook + Tethered Blackberry = Better watching experience than on a 4 inch iphone..
    01-17-12 02:27 PM
    It's a business phone, not a sports fans phone
    haha, nice try, what business can't iphone do?
    01-17-12 03:15 PM
    Playbook + Tethered Blackberry = Better watching experience than on a 4 inch iphone..
    then bring ipad + iphone = bigger screen on ipad for your enjoyment and look, an extra screen on iphone... and theres also 3g vers ipad, so you dont need any tethered stuff...
    01-17-12 03:18 PM
    haha, nice try, what business can't iphone do?
    Well, being that I work in the engineering field and see many different clients (read: ceo's and presidents of multi billion dollar companies) and have myself been in contest with iphone/droid users for some time, I think that my input bares some weight.

My blackberry gets emails faster and sends emails faster than coworkers with htc, iphone 4, and droids. I also consume far less battery messaging and emailing and everything in between. When I'm in the office and there's a mass email that's sent (aka everybodies phone chimes with a new message), the order always begins with my bberry (although exchange can be silly.. But that's what free bbe is for). Then I hear every body elses phone chime.

My bberry, with 4g enabled, wifi constantly enabled, making calls, txts, emails and internet, will go home with 40% battery usually. Whereas my iphone/droid co workers are leaving with 10-18% battery tops, and often times recharging in the car or on the desktop.

My bold is also far faster than any droid or regular iphone4. I have more processor and twice the ram. I can also tweak my bberry to levels that iphone/droid users never knew could happen.

I'm in night school class right now so I can't further elaborate.

01-17-12 04:59 PM
    Well, being that I work in the engineering field and see many different clients (read: ceo's and presidents of multi billion dollar companies) and have myself been in contest with iphone/droid users for some time, I think that my input bares some weight.

My blackberry gets emails faster and sends emails faster than coworkers with htc, iphone 4, and droids. I also consume far less battery messaging and emailing and everything in between. When I'm in the office and there's a mass email that's sent (aka everybodies phone chimes with a new message), the order always begins with my bberry (although exchange can be silly.. But that's what free bbe is for). Then I hear every body elses phone chime.

My bberry, with 4g enabled, wifi constantly enabled, making calls, txts, emails and internet, will go home with 40% battery usually. Whereas my iphone/droid co workers are leaving with 10-18% battery tops, and often times recharging in the car or on the desktop.

My bold is also far faster than any droid or regular iphone4. I have more processor and twice the ram. I can also tweak my bberry to levels that iphone/droid users never knew could happen.

I'm in night school class right now so I can't further elaborate.

it still doesnt answer my question, what can't it do? you just showing the battery and speed difference, but it still get the job done (+some entertainment like sports etc), isn't it?

besides, we're talking about 99xx here right? i myself owning both 9900 and 4s, the email is the same speed (you have to set it correctly using iOS native email client and not some apps). and the battery, for 4s with new build 9A406, the battery draining is as fast as with 9900 (both on 3G).
    01-17-12 09:49 PM
    Nope there aren't any apps for bb
    01-17-12 10:05 PM
    it still doesnt answer my question, what can't it do? you just showing the battery and speed difference, but it still get the job done (+some entertainment like sports etc), isn't it?

besides, we're talking about 99xx here right? i myself owning both 9900 and 4s, the email is the same speed (you have to set it correctly using iOS native email client and not some apps). and the battery, for 4s with new build 9A406, the battery draining is as fast as with 9900 (both on 3G).
    Not true and not true. Like I said, when sitting in the office with other engineers, I can hear when everybodies email goes off.

As far as battery draining... my 9900 is 4g... my coworkers have both 3g iphone 4 and 4g iphone 4, and my 9900 is always lasting longer. ALWAYS. When I go to their desks, most of them have their phones plugged in because they died already.

So what can my bberry do that an iphone cannot? First off all, I can mod my phone and upgrade it to whatever extents I wish. Apple doesn't allow you to do anything with your phone, and is sue-happy if you do.

Second, I can *efficiently* send/recieve email/messages withing killing my battery.

Thirdly, I can last an entire day from 7:30am until 4pm after work.. then I go to night school until 9pm. Then I go home for another 1-2hours. And very very rarely do I ever recharge. If I do recharge, it's just to play it safe and give me more juice, not so much that I *have* to recharge. My buddies leave work at 5pm with 10-18% battery, or a DEAD battery. Never once do I charge during the day.. often times using gps for half an hour at a time to help in travels. Oh did I mention that I never disable 4g or wifi? Constant calls, emails, texts, internet, gps etc?

Lets face it. An iphone is a clunky, fisher-price looking playtoy that looks terribly unprofessional sitting on a multi-million (sometimes billion..) dollar corporations CEO's desk... which is why 90% of the time, they are sitting with blackberry's.

EDIT: Oh ya, I forgot to add. My buddy does network forensics, and I have an addendum here. In his line of work, he deals with technology-criminals. With that being said, he said that crimes committed on blackberries can NOT, and he emphasizes, can NOT, be proven or tracked. Blackberries are the MOST secure phones he's ever dealt with... and he's an iphone lover! He had either an iphone 3 or 4 (dont remember) and used to say every single day how he hates it and loves blackberries and how he's making a move to blackberry after his iphone is done.

He says doing data acquisitions on iphones is a piece of cake
    Last edited by 85_305; 01-18-12 at 08:34 AM.
    01-18-12 08:30 AM
    then bring ipad + iphone = bigger screen on ipad for your enjoyment and look, an extra screen on iphone... and theres also 3g vers ipad, so you dont need any tethered stuff...
    Yeah, carrying around an iPad isn't as confortable as carrying a Playbook. Also, lets not forget you'd be paying for a 3g plan on the iPad while bridging on the playbook is free.

Seriously, go hang out at tipb. You'll feel right at home there.
    01-18-12 09:26 AM
    Thirdly, I can last an entire day from 7:30am until 4pm after work.. then I go to night school until 9pm. Then I go home for another 1-2hours. And very very rarely do I ever recharge. If I do recharge, it's just to play it safe and give me more juice, not so much that I *have* to recharge. My buddies leave work at 5pm with 10-18% battery, or a DEAD battery. Never once do I charge during the day.. often times using gps for half an hour at a time to help in travels. Oh did I mention that I never disable 4g or wifi? Constant calls, emails, texts, internet, gps etc?
    How in the world are you going 16 hours without charging and constant usage? That's just unheard of, even for BB.
    01-18-12 10:14 AM
    And can you ask your iOS friends if they can tell you what app/websites let them watch games live, because I haven't been able to find one
    01-18-12 10:42 AM
    Because they are great phones? Mine is running os .579, and the screen dimmed to 30% (or maybe 20%?).

My old curve 9330 w/ 2500mah battery would similarly last 2 complete business days. 2-3 days of weekend usage (not working).
    01-18-12 10:43 AM
    And can you ask your iOS friends if they can tell you what app/websites let them watch games live, because I haven't been able to find one
    I just sent him a txt but he isn't a huge sports fan so he may not know.
    01-18-12 10:44 AM
    I'm a loyal BB fan, but your argument of the BB sending/receiving messages 'faster' is a joke. If it is faster, it's no more than a few seconds, if not a minute. Not really a good argument.

With regards to battery life, the BB does have the ability to swap out batteries and ultimately have an indefinate power capacity, but without swapping batteries, iphone4 and 4s are just as capable of lasting a full day like a BB
    01-18-12 10:57 AM
    Its not so much that the bberry sends messages faster.. But more efficiently. And the gui is far easier and less inflated with Apple bs than the bbos.

In regards to battery life: it can't be a mistake that my entire off of engineers, all of which have very similar usage, are recharging their iphones long before I recharge my bberry. , its nearly 215 here now and I'm sitting at 75% battery life left

01-18-12 12:06 PM
    Yeah, carrying around an iPad isn't as confortable as carrying a Playbook. Also, lets not forget you'd be paying for a 3g plan on the iPad while bridging on the playbook is free.

Seriously, go hang out at tipb. You'll feel right at home there.
    dont get me wrong , i love BB (but not 99xx, if theres anyway i can exchange it with 9790 or sell without so much loss, I'll be 1st on the line).
    I'm only stating that because you weren't fair, comparing an iphone with bb+playbook. you've brought it first. as for 3g, i'm using multisim card. 3 cards with the same number. and i have 1GB data (so far its enough). bridging to playbook is free?? its the same as if you use it on your bb, only its bridge to your playbook, so its not 'free' and still using your data plan from your bb.
    01-18-12 12:17 PM
    Not true and not true. Like I said, when sitting in the office with other engineers, I can hear when everybodies email goes off.

As far as battery draining... my 9900 is 4g... my coworkers have both 3g iphone 4 and 4g iphone 4, and my 9900 is always lasting longer. ALWAYS. When I go to their desks, most of them have their phones plugged in because they died already.
    ask them what did they do on their iphone (and there's must be lots of active apps notificaton on notif center). probably watching sport? if its only texting, mail and basic use of phone like you did on your bb, i'm sure its the same.

So what can my bberry do that an iphone cannot? First off all, I can mod my phone and upgrade it to whatever extents I wish. Apple doesn't allow you to do anything with your phone, and is sue-happy if you do.

Second, I can *efficiently* send/recieve email/messages withing killing my battery.

Lets face it. An iphone is a clunky, fisher-price looking playtoy that looks terribly unprofessional sitting on a multi-million (sometimes billion..) dollar corporations CEO's desk... which is why 90% of the time, they are sitting with blackberry's.
    i'm sure you've heard the term jailbreaked iphone?
    i never find a case that send/recieve email/messages killing my battery. games and other apps yes (theres no kind of app that doesnt eat battery). to be fair, 99xx will also lost lots its juice if running many apps + play some games.
    lets not forget that this is the case for 99xx. the juice on 9700 and 9810 was great. i agree to that. and i regret selling it and getting 9900 (being a bb fan i am..). besides, the battery juice is more on physical area and not in this area : what cant it do. dont forget my previous post, what business cant iphone do? and if you said your 99xx manage to do all you said about the battery with your usage above, i can not believe it unless i see any cap screen of the log. and the thing that annoys me is that i have to play it save, i'm starting to get OCD for my 9900. so far i never let the battery low and wont leave it charging overnight.

iphone might be clunky for some people (subjective) but definitely not only a playtoy. playtoy is an added bonus. in iOS theres always an app for (almost) anything, regardless if you need it or not, there are some people that need it.

EDIT: Oh ya, I forgot to add. My buddy does network forensics, and I have an addendum here. In his line of work, he deals with technology-criminals. With that being said, he said that crimes committed on blackberries can NOT, and he emphasizes, can NOT, be proven or tracked. Blackberries are the MOST secure phones he's ever dealt with... and he's an iphone lover! He had either an iphone 3 or 4 (dont remember) and used to say every single day how he hates it and loves blackberries and how he's making a move to blackberry after his iphone is done.

He says doing data acquisitions on iphones is a piece of cake
    the problem is nobody care enough hijacking a bb, if somebody willing to so, look at dingleberry... its doable.
    01-18-12 12:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD