I lost all my apps, including games, tasks, and memopad, upgrading to 5.0 OS. Ive been trying to get them back via DM for Macs, but every time I click on applications. I am notified that I need to download and updated DM. I've done that 3 times and I still can't seem to figure it out. Help please.
    04-03-10 03:35 PM
    If you used the dm you have to check mark all your apps you want loaded. Otherwise all that loads is the cores. Just plug your phone in and open app loader and select the missing content you want loaded and continue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-03-10 03:41 PM
    Do you see check boxes for the app's you need.

Check to boxes and hit next, it will install what you selected.
    04-03-10 03:42 PM
    I have the same problem and have gotten the same standard answer a million times. When you plug the phone in and run DM, the applications never come up in app loader to check the boxes. They simply never show up.

I'm running DM on my Mac. I have no Windows alternative.
    04-03-10 03:45 PM
    IM ALSO HAVING THIS PROBLEM
    simply plugging it into the DM does nothing! there are no options for the games, theyre just all gone!

what are we supposed to do?
    04-03-10 08:54 PM
    oh and im referring to the default games, brick breaker, word mole, etc.
    04-03-10 09:03 PM
    They are built in to the vzw download. When you are in the loader box you should see them. Check the apps and games you want then click next. Use loader exe vs the dm.

04-03-10 09:03 PM
    they arent there, and i used the verizon download.
    this is all very odd
    04-03-10 09:09 PM
    Try this. If you don't already have it get BBSAK. Back up your data as usual with dm. Close dm. Open bbsak. Select wipe. Then select load os. Then when the loader box come up select all apps you want installed, then click next. If you don't see them. Uninstall the os and make sure all old os's are uninstalled and reinstall the os (but I would del the new 5.0 and redownload). Get os loaded. Close bbsak. Open dm. Restore data. Hope this will help.

04-03-10 09:20 PM
    Okay so I'm having the same problem and your response seems as if it may help but I have NO IDEA what you just wrote. Can u please please please break it down and help me please!
    04-06-10 12:04 AM
    And are my passwords, games, and other apps and themes trapped in a virtual world or are they lost forever???
    04-06-10 12:08 AM
    This is what I do every time I upgrade my os.
    1) Uninstall from programs the bb os that is currently installed. Then delete the previous os from pc.
    2) Download and install new os from vzw.
    3) If you haven't already go to RIMGeeks.com • View topic - [Beta][8/18/09] BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife v1.5 and download the bbsak (blackberry swiss army knife) and install it to your pc.
    4) Open the desk to manager. Connect your berry and make a back up copy of your data. Close the dm.
    5) Open bbsak. It will ask if your bb is password protected, if it is enter your password, if not leave blank and click next.
    6) You will have several boxes in the app. Choose wipe phone. Once you do this you now have a wiped clean bb.
    7) Once bb is wiped select Load OS.
    8) The loader will open. It may or may not show your bbs pin but click continue.
    9) Now your os will appear. You now need to put a check mark in all the boxes that you want to load with the os (ie the bbm, docs2go, word mole, brick breaker). You prolly won't need most of it. You will want email attachments. Skip languages, unless you need them.
    10) Once boxes are checked click continue.
    Now your os is being loaded fresh.
    11) Once os is up and running close bbsak.
    12) Open the dm and restore your data.
    13) Turn on your network. Call *228 select option 2. Once roaming capabilities are updated do a battery pull.
    Hope this is better instructions.

04-06-10 01:46 AM
    Ive been trying to get them back via DM for Macs, but every time I click on applications.
    I had the exact same problem as you. I also tried to upgrade to OS 5.0 using DM for Mac and lost all of the add-on programs that you mentioned. I tried to reload them using the DM for Mac but they were not listed there for me to checkmark.

I was able to reload the programs on a PC DM. Just plugged in my tour and opened the app loader and the missing programs were listed there. I was able to checkmark the boxes and reinstall from there. Too bad DM for Mac does not have the same functionality as its PC counterpart!
    04-06-10 01:03 PM
    I'm sorry. I missed the Mac part. My fix is for pc users.

04-06-10 02:30 PM
    I also use a Mac with my desktop manager and the programs like notepad and password keeper were not there. But after running the new OS for a week, I just updated my BB with desktop manager and all of the programs were suddenly there for me to download to my BB. So now I finally have password keeper, all of the games, memopad, tasks etc again!
    04-06-10 02:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD