Hello all. This is my first post to the forum and I have a question that has probably been asked before but I will ask it again because it probably hasn't been in a while.

I am an owner of the Storm 1 9530 and I am wondering if it is a good choice to move to the Storm 2 with Verizon?

I love touchscreen phones and can't stand keyboard BB's so really the only two options I have are the phone I already own or the Storm 2 or move along to Android.

I would like to pass this phone off to my girlfriend but I don't want to get disappointed that I wasted my upgrade on essentially the same device if it won't have a chance of running the new BB OS 6.0.

On a side note, I haven't had many issues with the Storm 1's performance aside from having too many apps loaded and having to do a wipe once to speed it back up.

Does anyone have any opinions? This move could possibly save me a lot of money because I could get rid of a lot of my texts and minutes due to Skype and BB Messenger. Thanks for your input.
    07-07-10 08:33 PM
    Welcome to CB! The S2 is awesome!!

Here are a couple threads asking sorta what you are

http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/sh...o-late-491552/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/la...uality-492695/
    07-07-10 08:38 PM
    Welcome to CB! The S2 is awesome!!

Here are a couple threads asking sorta what you are

http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/sh...o-late-491552/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/la...uality-492695/
    Thanks man. Greatly appreciated. Read the first thread and it looks as if I might be biting the bullet and ordering the S2. Makes it easier that it is free from A1 Wireless, but I am definitely getting phone envy from the Droids and iPhones of the world.

Luckily, BB Storms do what I need them to do. Nothing more (a curse I can live with for two years), nothing less (something I'm really happy about).
    07-07-10 08:57 PM
    If u are passing your s1 to gf n she using it....then all the more u should get a bb bcuz both can keep in touch using bbm!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-10 09:05 PM
    the storm 2 is the best phone i ever owned,i cant see myself ever useing nothing but the s2 or 3

just do it
    07-07-10 09:18 PM
    since you had a s1 you will love a s2. Although, after using mine for 4 months, i'm absolutely sick of the battery pulls, constant lag, boring UI, and awful updates. Get a Droid. It's night and day brah!
    07-07-10 09:30 PM
    since you had a s1 you will love a s2. Although, after using mine for 4 months, i'm absolutely sick of the battery pulls, constant lag, boring UI, and awful updates. Get a Droid. It's night and day brah!
    Too late. The order is already in motion. I was very tempted to get a Droid X but they ran out of preorders at Best Buy before I could get in. Also, Newegg had a deal on the Storm 2 for an upgrade price ($0), and the Storm 1 has never let me down.

The Storm 2 has a few features that could make my life easier and less expensive. It also has features that I know will work. I have VZ Navigator and I love it. I did some research on the Droid and found no mention of VZ Nav and I know why (Google Nav), but I would rather pay for something I know is great than be stuck with Google Nav regardless of whether I like it or not. WiFi is also a very big feature that will make podcast downloads faster and less of a burden than they are now.

Lets just hope that the Storm 2 can get OS 6.0. Then I would be ecstatic.
    07-07-10 11:04 PM
    The Storm 2 is a great device, I can't see any need to replace mine until the Storm 3 is out.

However, your new one is probably going to come with OS [v5.0.0].713. I found that OS had a number of problems for me. You may wish to load .607 on it. Research the several threads on here about 713 to see if you have any of the problems others had with it. I bring this up because it is much easier to change the OS before you load up your Storm 2 with apps.

I handed my Storm(s) down to my spouse and a child. The child swapped the Storm for a Droid Incredible which has been returned to Verizon while waiting for the Droid X. My spouse is waiting until September to see what to get when our next upgrade slot opens.

Considering you can get a used Storm 2 for a pretty good price you may wish to get your GF one after you see how nice it is.
    Well, the Storm 2 is officially not coming. I woke up this morning to an e-mail stating that Verizon had declined to allow me to upgrade the line through Newegg. I called Verizon and they stated that I was eligible for an early upgrade, not a new every two, but I knew this already. They said I was only allowed to purchase my early upgrade phone through Verizon Wireless for a discounted price with which I asked would they match the price of the online retailer and they promptly said no. I'm pretty sure the only reason that they are even offering me an early upgrade is to try and get me out of the $175 contract cancellation and into the $350 early termination bracket.

So after that I went to the VZW store and noticed that I hated the Storm 2 compared to my Storm 1. Its the buttons on the bottom...I need them and having them integrated into the touch screen felt very strange.

I also tried out all of the Droids and I love them, but I wish they had push e-mail, VZNav, etc. I'll probably just wait now until November and hopefully the landscape will be fleshed out even more and I can make my decision based on a devices reviews after months of use, not days.
    07-08-10 08:10 PM
    So after that I went to the VZW store and noticed that I hated the Storm 2 compared to my Storm 1. Its the buttons on the bottom...I need them and having them integrated into the touch screen felt very strange.

I also tried out all of the Droids and I love them, but I wish they had push e-mail, VZNav, etc. I'll probably just wait now until November and hopefully the landscape will be fleshed out even more and I can make my decision based on a devices reviews after months of use, not days.
    Do you know? in order to press the buttons on the bottom, i mean call/menu/return/cancel buttons on storm2 smoothly, you have to press on the centre of the call button sign or below it to get perfect surepress click?

Alot guys complaint about their end/call buttons not working well but they never realise what i mention above. i also thought those buttons sucks but after some time i noted where to press and it make sense that i should press center of the call button and not anywhere higher or whatever.

If you try pressing higher out of the calling sign which is nearer to the display, you will hit a hard press, sometime it will work but sometime not.

You need to understand how the storm2 works dude before you hate it. Also those you tried are the display set? There is high chance those are faulty set or return set. Anyway, my point is same as s.jobs famous quote. wahaha.

YOU ARE PRESSING IT THE WRONG WAY. Whahahaa.

If you are not getting storm2, its fine its your money but you are gona miss whatever features only bb have. storm3 is not coming by end of year i think.

OS6 is coming likely after the one of the phone release this year and you can wait for us to test out the os upgrade.

like i said, its your money and you have a choice to choose what to buy.
    07-08-10 10:11 PM
    I'm not getting rid of my Storm 1 until the Storm 3 or the Torch comes to VZW, unless somehow neither of these phones are available by the end of the year on VZW. That would be a horrible mistake that I don't think RIM would let happen, but possibly could happen.
    07-09-10 12:21 AM
    So far we have see 3 leak phones but only 1 more or less coming.

And the only reason that one is coming is likely due hardware requirement to run OS6. Giving existing owners a choice to buy a completely new similar phone but with the option to run OS6.
    07-09-10 12:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD