Yes. My panties are in a bunch! The iCrap has been out for YEARS and we STILL have crap for graphics on this phone. The new themes are nice but again limited. I have seen NOTHING new other than themes.

That skiing game? Please.

Really I want a leak.

This phone has the hardware to do it. So do it.

Where are the widgets?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Is RIM Apple? Nope. Nuff said now go buy an iCrap as you obviously want one.
    12-13-09 02:33 AM
    Is RIM Apple? Nope. Nuff said now go buy an iCrap as you obviously want one.
    I like you, but you need to stop taking this so offensively. The games are coming, let them be impatient.
    12-13-09 03:17 AM
    I like you, but you need to stop taking this so offensively. The games are coming, let them be impatient.
    I'm just so sick and tired of "RIM needs to do this" or "RIM needs to do that" or Apple has this or that, so RIM MUST DO IT RAWR OR THEY WILL DIE FOREVAR!!!!!!!!!!!. You get the point, I hope.
    12-13-09 03:56 AM
    I'm just so sick and tired of "RIM needs to do this" or "RIM needs to do that" or Apple has this or that, so RIM MUST DO IT RAWR OR THEY WILL DIE FOREVAR!!!!!!!!!!!. You get the point, I hope.
    I understand completely, but R.I.M. has all of this in the works. It is going to be better than anything apple or droid has come up with. It's just a matter of time. Heinz 57, good things come to those who wait.
    12-13-09 04:40 AM
    for now all i want is a working youtube app which some ppl seem to have working and i cant get to work at all
    12-13-09 04:41 AM
    for now all i want is a working youtube app which some ppl seem to have working and i cant get to work at all
    Quality of YouTube videos is better via the Browser than it is the YouTube app anyway (at least if you are on WiFi). You really aren't missing that much. The YouTube app does not seem to be able to use WiFi, so you are stuck on the 3G quality videos.
    12-13-09 08:07 AM
    Quality of YouTube videos is better via the Browser than it is the YouTube app anyway (at least if you are on WiFi). You really aren't missing that much. The YouTube app does not seem to be able to use WiFi, so you are stuck on the 3G quality videos.
    No clue what you are talking about. But the video quality via the app is excellent, at least for me. I have excellent coverage though.
    12-13-09 03:21 PM
    Yea the youtube app works great for me too, i wasnt aware of a video quality difference between wifi and 3g, I use both on teh youtube app and havnt seen a difference between the browser.
    12-13-09 04:08 PM
    WiFi and Browser allow me to view vids in HQ mode. Youtube app does not allow for HQ mode. There is a big difference in quality.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-09 05:11 PM
    I wouldn't hold your breath too long waiting for 3d games.

While it's possible now using OpenGL it still takes forever. Most BB developers aren't with large companies. Most of us are just 1 person who developer and create the apps by ourselves. To produce a good 3d game takes so much time and effort and the payouts are low. I could spend a year working on 1 3d game and maybe make 30k off of it but that wont pay the bills for the rest of the year. It's much easier to produce fun / addicting games that don't have the 3d wow factor. Most of the top games of all time on any cell phone aren't 3d games.

With that being said there are companies like EA that I'm sure will produce some 3d games because they have the manpower and money to do so.
    12-13-09 06:06 PM
    I wouldn't hold your breath too long waiting for 3d games.

While it's possible now using OpenGL it still takes forever. Most BB developers aren't with large companies. Most of us are just 1 person who developer and create the apps by ourselves. To produce a good 3d game takes so much time and effort and the payouts are low. I could spend a year working on 1 3d game and maybe make 30k off of it but that wont pay the bills for the rest of the year. It's much easier to produce fun / addicting games that don't have the 3d wow factor. Most of the top games of all time on any cell phone aren't 3d games.

With that being said there are companies like EA that I'm sure will produce some 3d games because they have the manpower and money to do so.
    Is it possible to use some of the open gl power to just make apps scroll smoother without going full on 3d and not taking too much time?
    12-13-09 06:47 PM
    Is it possible to use some of the open gl power to just make apps scroll smoother without going full on 3d and not taking too much time?
    What do you mean scroll smoother?

You can make an app scroll as smooth as you like as long as your memory isn't too low.

Making applications run smoothly requires more memory for the app to run.
    12-13-09 07:23 PM
    What do you mean scroll smoother?

You can make an app scroll as smooth as you like as long as your memory isn't too low.

Making applications run smoothly requires more memory for the app to run.
    I mean like in an app with a carousel, like the ebay app for example, that app is really sketchy for me. Could they use open gl to make it work better?
    12-13-09 09:00 PM
    I mean like in an app with a carousel, like the ebay app for example, that app is really sketchy for me. Could they use open gl to make it work better?
    Well I've never had issues with the ebay app other then the fact it doesn't have landscape mode.

The ebay app using default api's built by RIM. These api's can only be accessed and not altered. So no OpenGL wouldn't help with that.

If you built the a 100% from the ground up using your own code then OpenGL could be used to optimize the scrolling effect. Doing this would take so much longer though then using the default API's that RIM offers.

Best case scenario is that RIM optimizes the flick scrolling feature and makes it run a lot more seamlessly. I'm sure it will happen over time. They seem to push out the API's and then optimize them over time.
    12-13-09 09:54 PM
    Well I've never had issues with the ebay app other then the fact it doesn't have landscape mode.

The ebay app using default api's built by RIM. These api's can only be accessed and not altered. So no OpenGL wouldn't help with that.

If you built the a 100% from the ground up using your own code then OpenGL could be used to optimize the scrolling effect. Doing this would take so much longer though then using the default API's that RIM offers.

Best case scenario is that RIM optimizes the flick scrolling feature and makes it run a lot more seamlessly. I'm sure it will happen over time. They seem to push out the API's and then optimize them over time.
    Thanks a lot for answering my questions. I don't understand that much about developement.
    12-13-09 10:03 PM
    Thanks a lot for answering my questions. I don't understand that much about developement.
    It's all good =)
    12-13-09 10:04 PM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD