I saw it posted elsewhere and went to bb app world and as they didn't show up in the gift section I searched, found Sims 3 Complimentary but it said it wasn't available for my device, which I thought was odd. I rebooted and stuff, tried a couple more times, and downloaded it Same process with SimCity Deluxe Complimentary

They will probably come up more automatically later but for the persistent, they should be obtainable with some refreshing.

No time to try them out yet but I am stoked, though it's hard to imagine them on a mobile screen.... Anyway I will be optimistic since all but one of the gifts have been great for me so far.

THANK YOU, RIM!
    Last edited by mrskittens; 11-17-11 at 06:23 PM. Reason: sloppiness, sorry.
    11-17-11 06:21 PM
    I had no issue installing SimCity on my 9930. I haven't tried it yet either (have it on my PlayBook) but loved playing the game as a kid so it might be cool to play on the phone also. I too think it would be kinda awkward to play on a tiny screen.

Free is a great price though!!!
    11-17-11 06:32 PM
    Free is a great price though!!!
    ITA. Unless it breaks my phone I won't complain a bit.

dont see it in my appworld. even after restart and appworld refresh
    If you haven't already tried, do a search within app world for sim, then press the star on the right to put the list in order of most recent, and see if it/they come out at the top of the list. If not, my guess is it's a matter of short time.
    11-17-11 08:12 PM
    That's how mine looked initially. Then magically the "Complimentary" versions came up. Just time, is my guess.
    11-17-11 08:43 PM
    okay, thanks for the info. paitence
    You're welcome, though I think the main thing I did was to name the thread carefully

Good luck and have fun everyone!
    11-17-11 09:08 PM
    I gave it a try, and it runs surprisingly well for such a little thing. It's...cute!

I had to try it before I start the PC version of Jurassic Park which might be just a wee bit more exciting. Still, I am so grateful for this gift that will get me through many a waiting room etc. Thanks again, RIM, this is sweet!
    11-17-11 10:05 PM
    I still can't get it on my 9900 but it works on my 9700. I just dlded it on the 9700 and logged in on my 9900 and it showed up in the "uninstalled" list.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    11-18-11 02:16 AM
    If I "purchase" it now and uninstall it, can I reinstall at any time? Even after it stops being available for free?
    11-21-11 06:41 PM
    If I "purchase" it now and uninstall it, can I reinstall at any time? Even after it stops being available for free?
    It is free now and will remain so as long as you download it by the end of the year, and yes you can reinstall it after. So, why would you purchase it now? It is a gift and it will transfer to your next BB (if it runs on it) or again to your existing one if you have to wipe it or something.

Please let me know if I am not understanding your question, and anyone please tell me if I am not understanding the gift program rules.

Enjoy!
    11-21-11 09:59 PM
    It is free now and will remain so as long as you download it by the end of the year, and yes you can reinstall it after. So, why would you purchase it now? It is a gift and it will transfer to your next BB (if it runs on it) or again to your existing one if you have to wipe it or something.

Please let me know if I am not understanding your question, and anyone please tell me if I am not understanding the gift program rules.

Enjoy!
    I just mean I want it attached to my Blackberry account so I can download it at any time in the future, but I don't actually want it on my device right now. So I'll download it from the App World, uninstall it immediately, and I should be able to reinstall it again at any time in the future, right?
    11-21-11 10:12 PM
    I just mean I want it attached to my Blackberry account so I can download it at any time in the future, but I don't actually want it on my device right now. So I'll download it from the App World, uninstall it immediately, and I should be able to reinstall it again at any time in the future, right?
    I think that makes sense. Hopefully someone else will confirm, but that is how I interpret the written explanation of the gift program

It definitely ain't like on a PC! I liked designing fancy houses and gardens but that's too much for a phone. In a few minutes I was just amused enough to make a guy to get into random interactions which brought a few giggles. But I never liked having to keep them fed etc. and he is very needy so I'll probably just let him die.

But the price is right!

Brandon, have you tried Sim City?
    11-22-11 12:19 AM
    I actually got bored of it. Then again I've done all the major things, about half the wishes (im guessing) and all my skills are full. So I pretty much beat the game. It was a fun week but its uninstalled now
    How did you do that? I'm not a big game player. This one looked pretty cute and its free. So why not try it? But I'm not succesful in this game. My character keeps dying. Mostly from starvation. Any tips for me?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-11 08:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD