EA Mobile Launches Major Franchises on BlackBerry App World

Global Blockbusters Including: Tetris, Bejeweled, Need For Speed and The Sims 3 Now Available For BlackBerry Smartphones

LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--EA Mobile�, a division of Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:ERTS), today announced eight new titles available on BlackBerry App World� including globally renowned mobile titles: Bejeweled�, Need for Speed� Undercover, RISK, SCRABBLE (in the US and Canada only), Tetris�, Tetris Mania, The Sims� 3, and Tiger Woods PGA TOUR�.

�We are excited to bring some of EA Mobile�s most popular franchises to the BlackBerry App World where BlackBerry customers can easily download them from one location,� said Adam Sussman, VP Worldwide Publishing for EA Mobile. �We look for the BlackBerry App World to become an important channel for EA Mobile, providing convenient access of our great games to BlackBerry customers everywhere.�

�Gaming on BlackBerry smartphones continues to grow in popularity. EA Mobile has optimized some terrific games for the BlackBerry platform and users will be thrilled to have these new titles available on BlackBerry App World,� said Tyler Lessard, Vice President, Global Alliances and Developer Relations at Research In Motion.

About EA Mobile

EA Mobile�, is the world�s leading wireless entertainment publisher with award-winning games such as Tetris�, Bejeweled�, The Sims�, and Need for Speed�. The EA Mobile portfolio also includes casual games based on the company�s partnership with Hasbro, Inc. including MONOPOLY, YAHTZEE and SCRABBLE (in the U.S. and Canada) as well as sports blockbusters from the EA SPORTS� brand, including Madden NFL Football, EA SPORTS FIFA Soccer and Tiger Woods PGA TOUR. EA Mobile develops games for multiple mobile platforms including mobile phones, smartphones, the iPhone� and iPod�.
    08-21-09 11:22 AM
    Yes. I bought Scrabble last week
    08-21-09 01:01 PM
    I purchased the Scrabble game just yesterday. I got it on Bplay though. I checked bb app world first, but they must have put it up a couple hours after I had already got it. I played it for the first time yesterday and I loved it. Very intuitive. So far so good. Doesn't seem to be a memory hog either.

FYI. After you download the app and go to the home screen to open it, DO NOT FREAK OUT, the white screen of death comes on (that's what I call it LOL) just do a battery pull and your good to go. Also, the starting music is super super loud so I would suggest (especially if your at work, like I was) when the prompt comes up to disable music you might want to say yes. After that it's all gravy.
    08-21-09 01:33 PM
    Yeah I was happy to see this. I bought Bejeweled (for the 2nd time... first version from BPlay was half screen with keyboard..) on App World. Full touch support. It's awesome. Any EA game you see on there for your Storm will have full touch support.

Also noticed the EA games (and most other pubs for that matter) are much cheaper on AppWorld than anywhere else.. BPlay is where I used to go but are more costly and I like the simplicity of being able to reinstall stuff bought via AppWorld instead of having to go to the third party sites to do it. Much easier.

The worst I have ever seen inflation wise is Handmark and the EA site.... $9.99 for every game??? Come on...
    08-21-09 10:41 PM
    How is the scrabble? Is it worth the buy?
    08-22-09 02:00 AM
    I was curious as well. There is only 1.5 stars on the BB Store, however, 5 are from people whose app didn't work.
    08-25-09 07:11 AM
    I would like to know as well... anyone?
    08-27-09 10:23 AM
    Scrabble comes with the newer Bold OS, maybe on some other models as well. It's not free, but you can play it for a good while. I liked it a lot. Very fast loading and it looks awesome on my Bold. I will probably buy it soon.
    08-27-09 10:58 AM
    one of my fav game, beside chess. Would try it for sure. Thanks for the word.Any update or feedback from someone who played it would be appreciated.
    08-29-09 01:56 AM
    Sweet thanks for the info!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-09 11:28 PM
    why are all the good games never free. damn.
    08-30-09 03:15 AM
    Check out lexulous in the bb app store. Its a scrabble knockoff, which allows for network play. In addition to that you also have the option of adding the lexulous facebook app to play your games from the computer. I switch between the computer and my bb seamlessly. It is great and cost less that the official scrabble which has no network play.
    08-30-09 04:13 AM
    This plays well. Helps me thru many a quiet shift. no hint function though
    08-30-09 06:30 AM
    I went ahead and bought the full copy since the trial version expired. Very well made game. Those are hard to find. I even like how the icon of the game matches the Blackberry icons. Very nice.

08-30-09 07:36 AM
    I went ahead and bought the full copy since the trial version expired. Very well made game. Those are hard to find. I even like how the icon of the game matches the Blackberry icons. Very nice.

is it multiplayer?
    08-31-09 10:50 AM
    is it multiplayer?
    Not online or network. The only mulitplayer it has is swap, you make a move, then hand the phone to your friend, etc...

09-01-09 06:05 AM
    That's acceptable. I might have to pick this up. love me some scrabble
    09-02-09 12:40 PM
    It runs and looks very nice. It starts up in less than half a sec and shuts down in about the same. It will also save your last game when you need to shut it down, so you can continue where you left off the next time you play.
    09-02-09 12:54 PM
    whats the cost?
    09-02-09 12:55 PM
    UGGGHHH What will it take to get a multiplayer Scrabble game for Blackberry?!?
    09-03-09 10:01 AM
    No joke. That would be a blast!!

09-03-09 11:11 AM
    I wish they made Scrabble Blast for the BB already.
    09-04-09 10:17 AM
    Its like $6.99, a little pricey. Works great on the Tour, a lot of fun. Easy, Medium, and Hard. Hard, the computer is a genious word smith. Its a very very well done game.
    09-09-09 03:06 AM
    where can i get it
    09-09-09 12:49 PM
    where can i get it
    bb app world
    09-10-09 06:13 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD