I tried to delete mainly 4 games, which I thought were full versions but turns out they are demos...that have expired:

Tetris
    Scrabble
    Brain Challenge Vol.2
    Pacman

I can't seem to get rid of them, neither through the blackberry or the desktop manager.

Anyone know how to get rid of them?
    12-27-09 06:23 PM
    if you deleted them and the icons stay thats normal at&T pushes those icons to your phone you have to hide them
    12-27-09 06:24 PM
    if you deleted them and the icons stay thats normal at&T pushes those icons to your phone you have to hide them
    What do you mean by "AT&T 'pushes' those icons to your phone"?

If you can't tell already, I'm new at this..
    12-27-09 06:28 PM
    Just put the cursor over the game icon, press menu key and scroll down to hide. The icon goes away.
    12-27-09 07:00 PM
    Just put the cursor over the game icon, press menu key and scroll down to hide. The icon goes away.
    but doing this won't free up any more memory, albeit it'll probably be a ridiculously small amount of memory that gets freed up from deleting those 4 icons... correct?
    12-27-09 07:07 PM
    Small enough memory taken by those icons not to worry. Out of sight can be out of mind until you change themes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-09 07:11 PM
    I don't think the OP is asking how to hide icons, rather what at&t 'pushing' the icons out to the phone means.

The icons for many of the games and other programs (at&t navigator, at&t music, ect) can't be delete because the icons are 'pushed' out to the phone using service books. This is similar technology to the way other things are pushed to the phone such as BBMs and email.

After you delete the program, you'll see icons that aren't actually programs. It is best to think of them as shortcuts to a web page where you can download the full program from.
    12-27-09 07:14 PM
    I don't think the OP is asking how to hide icons, rather what at&t 'pushing' the icons out to the phone means.

The icons for many of the games and other programs (at&t navigator, at&t music, ect) can't be delete because the icons are 'pushed' out to the phone using service books. This is similar technology to the way other things are pushed to the phone such as BBMs and email.

After you delete the program, you'll see icons that aren't actually programs. It is best to think of them as shortcuts to a web page where you can download the full program from.
    Thanks for clearing that up... so what you're saying is that these shortcuts cannot be removed/deleted/erased but rather they need to be covered up by hiding them?
    12-27-09 07:16 PM
    Thanks for clearing that up... so what you're saying is that these shortcuts cannot be removed/deleted/erased but rather they need to be covered up by hiding them?
    yes you have to hide them as I stated I usually create a folder called junk and put all the crap that at&t pushes in there and hide the folder
    12-27-09 07:34 PM
    yes you have to hide them as I stated I usually create a folder called junk and put all the crap that at&t pushes in there and hide the folder
    genius! I'm on it
    12-27-09 11:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD