To use a game with opengl do I need to install something on my blackberry?
    11-25-09 01:47 PM
    Because I noticed they have a skiing game with opengl support. If I install it I won't have a problem playing it?
    11-25-09 01:55 PM
    nope, just install and enjoy!
    11-25-09 02:05 PM
    nope, i have the trial version and even though it's obviously been slapped together pretty quickly and is very basic, it's a cool a$$ game. definitely shows the potential for games using openGL....
    11-25-09 02:05 PM
    How's that ski game haven't got a chance to get it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-09 02:08 PM
    very primitive, controls are kind of weird with the touch...but shows promise as far as where the games are heading.
    11-25-09 02:17 PM
    But why would you want to play a game on a Blackberry? They are not toys, they are super business phones. Games is what Blackberry fanbois use to fend off the iPhone crowd.

So, do not install any games, because they have no business being on a Blackberry.
    11-25-09 07:00 PM
    Thread cleaned up, get back on track, take the S2 vs Droid fight somewhere else!
    11-25-09 08:36 PM
    But why would you want to play a game on a Blackberry? They are not toys, they are super business phones. Games is what Blackberry fanbois use to fend off the iPhone crowd.

So, do not install any games, because they have no business being on a Blackberry.
    Why would you NOT install a game on a BlackBerry? The Storm series is marketed by RIM as a consumer device hence their latest ads, app world, and all their updates to their multimedia software like Sync.

Heck go to the RIM sight and you will plainly see what side they are starting to push more and more. All you see is ads for the BlackBerry being the "ultimate" consumer device.
    11-25-09 08:41 PM
    D@mnit. Why do my posts always get deleted? I am trying to be the voice of reason. hehe

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-09 09:10 PM
    Why would you NOT install a game on a BlackBerry? The Storm series is marketed by RIM as a consumer device hence their latest ads, app world, and all their updates to their multimedia software like Sync.

Heck go to the RIM sight and you will plainly see what side they are starting to push more and more. All you see is ads for the BlackBerry being the "ultimate" consumer device.
    The point is, people on this board love to put the Storm "above" the iPhone because it's a business phone used for business, and the iPhone is just a game playing toy. Looks like the Storm is becoming an iPhone wannabe.

I find it quite humorous that a few games are released, and people go ape **** over them, yet will continue to slam the iPhone and its 100,000+ apps Apple has.
    11-26-09 11:45 AM
    The point is, people on this board love to put the Storm "above" the iPhone because it's a business phone used for business, and the iPhone is just a game playing toy. Looks like the Storm is becoming an iPhone wannabe.

I find it quite humorous that a few games are released, and people go ape **** over them, yet will continue to slam the iPhone and its 100,000+ apps Apple has.
    Yes but out of those 100,000+ apps 50,000 are fart apps.
    11-26-09 12:28 PM
    It seems pretty sweet for the first OpenGL game. Pointless game but the concept is what counts.
    11-26-09 01:36 PM
    That Ski game is basic and ugly as sin. YET i slowed a friend of mine it yesterday and he freaked out.........I guess BB owners were really bored or something :?
    11-26-09 01:39 PM
    The more I play that ski game the more awesome it is. I'm diggin it.
    11-26-09 04:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD