So, I've been searching for a little while, and so far, I can't find any software or forum threads that help answer my question... so here goes:

I've been trying to play a few different Java ME games on my new BlackBerry Curve 8330 from Boost Mobile. A few of them work out alright, but several of them have problems since they expect a numpad--not a QWERTY keyboard (and they don't respond well to the standard trackball clicks). In fact, in the case of Tibia ME, there is no backspace key and all text input must be made through the oldschool numpad method (i.e., pressing 2 three times to get the letter 'a')!

Has anyone heard of any sort of BlackBerry/Java software that can be used as a sort of input translator for these sorts of apps?

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!
    04-19-10 12:47 AM
    You need to hit the alt key which will allow you to use the number keys to control the gameplay.
    04-19-10 01:20 AM
    Yeah, I don't think you read my post at all. I know about NumLock, duh.

However, in Tibia, you can't even type LETTERS using the QWERTY keyboard, since most of them wind up mapping to the "Back" command for one reason or another, or doing nothing at all. Instead, you have to press "2" three times to get "C" to come up, etc.

In other words, it does not properly recognize the QWERTY keyboard, and expects you to do ALL INPUT OF ANY KIND through the numpad. It seems like having a trackball has locked my phone out of being a viable controller for a pretty big cross-section of mobile games and other apps.
    04-19-10 01:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD