Hey Folks,
    Flick Software has been working on a few upgrades to Number Cruncher. These include:
    - Sound
    - Leader board
    - Head-to-head play using BBM
    - Improved memory management and bug fixes (I know, crazy exciting!)

There's a beta out now. If you'd like to help with testing just go to Number Cruncher Game | Flick Software and join the program.
    Last edited by peteroblenis; 10-05-11 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Image badly aligned
    10-05-11 10:28 AM
    Awesome!

Been looking forward to this update!
    10-05-11 10:56 AM
    Oh boy, is my wife going to be excited. She's a Number Cruncher addict!
    10-05-11 10:59 AM
    I still get a 403 forbidden message.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-06-11 01:56 AM
    This is great news. I'm glad I don't have access the number of hours I have logged on this game.

traigo , try this direct link to the form : Sign up for the Number Cruncher 2.0 BlackBerry Beta | Flick Software

They already sent me the app, pretty neat. Anyone interested in a head to head match?

10-06-11 11:36 AM
    BBM integration? Sweet!

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
    10-06-11 12:23 PM
    Yes yes yes!!
    I was checking everyday on App World to see if it was finally available "for my device"
    Sweet :-)))
    10-06-11 12:26 PM
    This is great news. I'm glad I don't have access the number of hours I have logged on this game.

traigo , try this direct link to the form : Sign up for the Number Cruncher 2.0 BlackBerry Beta | Flick Software

They already sent me the app, pretty neat. Anyone interested in a head to head match?

I signed up almost immediately after getting word. When I got the email with a download link, that took me to the 403 forbidden page.

10-06-11 09:17 PM
    I signed up almost immediately after getting word. When I got the email with a download link, that took me to the 403 forbidden page.

Same for me.

10-06-11 09:18 PM
    Same for me.

It looks like there was an issue with the download page. It tries to direct you the the right build depending on what device you are using. If you're still having problems let me know and I'll get you another link specific to your BB model.
    10-07-11 07:47 AM
    It downloaded now. Don't think it's the right build, though. First screen has a tiny speaker icon and the bottom half is empty. I had to turn off sound, exit, then open again to mute. Orientation change blanks the screen and it won't come back.

ATT Torch 9810
    OS 7.0.0.261

10-07-11 10:58 AM
    It looks like there was an issue with the download page. It tries to direct you the the right build depending on what device you are using. If you're still having problems let me know and I'll get you another link specific to your BB model.
    Thanks Peter, that worked great for me!
    One suggestion - for the u up n down thing, could you change it to h left and k right? It's kinda lopsided using j and l with u and n.

10-07-11 10:58 AM
    Hi,
    I'll be fixing the the key mappings, as you pointed out, it was a bit awkward. I'll post when we have a new build up, most likely Tuesday.
    Ian
    SCrid2000 likes this.
    10-07-11 09:16 PM
    It downloaded now. Don't think it's the right build, though. First screen has a tiny speaker icon and the bottom half is empty. I had to turn off sound, exit, then open again to mute. Orientation change blanks the screen and it won't come back.

ATT Torch 9810
    OS 7.0.0.261

Hi Traigo, thanks for the feedback, I have duplicated the problem, should have a fix for you soon.
    Ian
    10-07-11 09:30 PM
    For those of you using the beta, a new version went up overnight that fixes a bunch of bugs:
    -You can now post your name when you beat the world record (which is 4685 as of this morning)
    - key mappings have been changed
    - 9810 compatibility issues have been corrected
    - misc other fixes

You can download the latest build from the same location. Thanks for all of the feedback so far!
    10-11-11 09:41 AM
    New high score on the Number Cruncher beta: 25236! Congrats Angela Mills. You have smoked our best internal testers by more than 10k! Maybe we should be signing up for tutorials....
    10-17-11 11:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD