I have been losing memory fast lately after a day and a half usually going down between 4-10 megs. I closed (not uninstalled yet) bbalerts, mobipocket, (mobipocket you can close with Shift q while it is open) I uninstalled leisure suit larry, and some Zeus game trial.

I think the main culprit was bbalerts because I watched my memory drop from 28 megs down to the teens after I exchanged a bunch of texts while in a fight with my girlfriend LOL. This royally sucks because I love having a bright blinking blue LCD for missed calls/texts. I still don't think it has an LED alert for missed calls which drives me nuts. THIS SHOULD BE BUILT INTO THE OS!!!!

I could try one of the other blinking light apps but I already shelled out the money for bbalerts, so I would feel like a sucker spending 20 bucks on applications just to make an LED blink.

Now that it has been a couple days without rebooting I still have 28 megs free space and it jumps both up and down, not just down. I'm on the latest official patch.

Thanks for reading

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-06-09 10:51 AM
    Suggestions:

Messages > menu > view folder > select each > highlight a date > menu > delete prior.

Store media on media card (media > menu > explore 2 see current location).

Landscape > menu > show keyboard > lock numbers key > type " / " / > menu > clear log.

Options > security options > memory cleaning > enabled > set as desired.
    06-06-09 11:31 AM
    Have you gotten rid of all sample media and preloaded software/programs you dont use/need? This will clear up a bunch of memory.

I run BBAlerts and it does drain a bit, but not a hog. What apps do you have on your device and how many are running in the background?
    06-06-09 12:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD