Verizon Wireless Nexus One passes through the FCC?

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/TheBoyGeniusReport/~3/M09dsTScOso/

(Don't know how to hyperlink posting from my phone)

Now... I'm going to start off by saying maybe this is the wrong forum to post this in but it is relevant nonetheless. I think RIM is starting to lose some of its members off of innovative technology. And this may add more fuel to the fire. It seems like Verizon, who has a strong BB consumer base, is add to RIM's problems by offering this phone. Now granted most BB users are business oriented and could care less about this. However, IMO it does effect RIM's plan of tapping into just the consumer market. This will be 3 out of the 4 carriers (correct me if I'm wrong) that will have this phone in their lineup (when will Sprint wake up). Now they've already failed to produce a new BB in the first quarter of the year so far. Maybe this will give RIM a shot in their arm of adrenaline to produce better products. Hopefully the delay of this phone is well worth the wait. Better OS more functional apps that doesn't cost an arm and a leg and takes up a lot of memory would be a start. Thought, comments, suggestions... anyone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-10 10:19 AM
    naa.. another google phone.. no thank you they can release as many google phones as they want. I'll never buy that crap
    03-02-10 10:21 AM
    RIM had their chance to shine with the original Tour. Instead, they gimped it with no Wifi and a faulty trackball assembly. They really have no one to blame but themselves.
    03-02-10 10:24 AM
    I would love to try out the Nexus One but my experience with the storm has really put me off on getting another touch screen phone. Maybe that was RIMs plan with the Storm lol
    03-02-10 12:04 PM
    Not many people on here are willing pay $500 for this phone. And, you only get 14 day trial period, not 30 days.....
    03-02-10 12:30 PM
    just out of curiosity, why do you think androids "crap"?
    03-02-10 12:30 PM
    ive played with the android phones and i didnt care for them at all. Ill pass. The only other phone other than any Rim ones i would get is the iphone.
    03-02-10 02:41 PM
    I think RIM is definitely opening the door for some of their customers to go elsewhere. One of the huge selling points for BBs the push email service is available with the iphone already (have to pay for it with an app though). Also youre right with the Nexus and all the beefed up phones rumored for launch this year, RIM can look forward to a pretty large exodus in my opinion.
    03-02-10 03:54 PM
    I think RIM is definitely opening the door for some of their customers to go elsewhere. One of the huge selling points for BBs the push email service is available with the iphone already (have to pay for it with an app though). Also youre right with the Nexus and all the beefed up phones rumored for launch this year, RIM can look forward to a pretty large exodus in my opinion.
    what are some other beefed up phones rumored for launch? thanks
    03-02-10 03:57 PM
    Agreed. They sacrificed where they shouldn't have and now they're scrambling to compete in a market that's not going to be quite as receptive to them as it has been in the past. Hopefully, they don't make more silly decisions in desperation to compete.
    03-02-10 03:58 PM
    personally i don't think they will lose there qwerty members, but those who havent left but thought about jumping on the Moto Droid bandwagon but held out might not be able to fight off the Nexus. This phone is a very impressive and a lot of the bugs we saw on its launch will surely be less evident on the verizon release.
    03-02-10 04:00 PM
    what are some other beefed up phones rumored for launch? thanks
    There is the Nexus (which isnt even rumored, it WILL happen), the HTC incredible, Supersonic, Legend aka Hero 2, the HD2 which isnt rumored either, the Desire, the Nexus 2 if you can believe that mess.

This phone is a very impressive and a lot of the bugs we saw on its launch will surely be less evident on the verizon release.
    Agreed. I think they'll work out some of the kinks for sure.
    03-02-10 04:19 PM
    personally i don't think they will lose there qwerty members, but those who havent left but thought about jumping on the Moto Droid bandwagon but held out might not be able to fight off the Nexus. This phone is a very impressive and a lot of the bugs we saw on its launch will surely be less evident on the verizon release.
    I'm one of those who's waiting for the release of the Nexus One before I make my decision on going with it, breaking down and getting the Tour, or waiting for the new 9650/9750/97xx Whatever. I'd prefer the physical keyboard and trackpad, but after reading all the reviews at CNET and playing with my daughter's iTouch (think that's what it's called), I'm looking forward to hearing more about the N1. I suspect there are a lot of people who will jump on that, including a lot of business customers like me, which may mean a loss of sales that RIM could have had if they'd pushed a relatively bug-free T2 out earlier.
    03-02-10 04:24 PM
    This is a fact. I know more than a handful that dropped BB's for the Droid or i-Phone. These were life-long BB users.

03-02-10 06:01 PM
    This is a fact. I know more than a handful that dropped BB's for the Droid or i-Phone. These were life-long BB users.

I dropped my BB for a droid for about 6 weeks. After too many problems and missing my very reliable BB, I switched back.
    03-02-10 07:57 PM
    Wrong forum; moderator please move.

Verizon Wireless Nexus One passes through the FCC?

Verizon Wireless Nexus One passes through the FCC? � Boy Genius Report

(Don't know how to hyperlink posting from my phone)

Now... I'm going to start off by saying maybe this is the wrong forum to post this in but it is relevant nonetheless. I think RIM is starting to lose some of its members off of innovative technology. And this may add more fuel to the fire. It seems like Verizon, who has a strong BB consumer base, is add to RIM's problems by offering this phone. Now granted most BB users are business oriented and could care less about this. However, IMO it does effect RIM's plan of tapping into just the consumer market. This will be 3 out of the 4 carriers (correct me if I'm wrong) that will have this phone in their lineup (when will Sprint wake up). Now they've already failed to produce a new BB in the first quarter of the year so far. Maybe this will give RIM a shot in their arm of adrenaline to produce better products. Hopefully the delay of this phone is well worth the wait. Better OS more functional apps that doesn't cost an arm and a leg and takes up a lot of memory would be a start. Thought, comments, suggestions... anyone?

03-02-10 08:06 PM
    I used a Droid for about a month and my customers could not hear me so I ran back to my trusty Tour.
    03-02-10 10:06 PM
    Yeah, RIM's high end devices (Bold, Tour, Storm) should be good business phones AND have the features of the new cutting edge devices that are out there.
    03-02-10 10:55 PM
    I had been waiting for the Tour2 since the Tour1 launched without WiFi. I waited for months, but when Feb. 3rd came and went without the Tour2 I thought about switching. Last week I got a Droid, and it's been completely reliable and call quality is what I expect from any mobile phone. The keyboard is a bit lacking, but that's my only complaint. I would have gone for the Nexus One, except I have a personal grudge against HTC (it's called the VX6800, the first phone with "crippled" GPS by Verizon).

RIM lost me because they delayed the Tour2, released an unsatisfactory Tour1, and I am sure I am not alone. But I still come back here, I'm still interested in seeing when this phone (Bold, Tour, whatever) comes out, if only to reminisce about what I would be feeling, the good and the bad, if I had stayed the course and waited as patiently as many of you are. Good luck.
    03-03-10 08:52 AM
    I hate to say it but as much as i love the qwerty keyboard on my 8330, i am seriously considering the n1, and i have been patiently waiting for the tour2/bold. That android is so damn fast and that browser makes my bb look like a dinosaur. if gmail pushes to the n1 as well as ive heard it will it will be hard to stay. tho i will miss my bbm
    03-03-10 01:17 PM
    I hate to say it but as much as i love the qwerty keyboard on my 8330, i am seriously considering the n1, and i have been patiently waiting for the tour2/bold. That android is so damn fast and that browser makes my bb look like a dinosaur. if gmail pushes to the n1 as well as ive heard it will it will be hard to stay. tho i will miss my bbm
    completely agree with you. the more i look at that thing, the worse it makes the BB os look. and as far as push email goes on the BB, the n1 can do it very easily as well, not just with Gmail.
    03-03-10 01:40 PM
    id really consider the nexxus one if it were to come out on sprint over the BB BOLD/TOUR 2.
    03-03-10 02:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD