I got an odd little problem. I updated my OS to .83 and noticed I was missing my Browser, App Center, and the two default games. I registered my phone and got the Browser back but the App Center was nowhere to be found. The Games folder is still there but there's nothing in it. How do I go about getting those things back?
    12-22-08 12:11 PM
    resend your service books.
    12-22-08 12:13 PM
    I did so. That's how I got my Browser back but it seems like the App Center is completely gone.
    12-22-08 12:14 PM
    Same thing here. I've tried everything I know to do, but still no app center.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-08 12:23 PM
    Have you tried adding them via the App Loader through Desktop Manager?
    12-22-08 12:35 PM
    Have you tried adding them via the App Loader through Desktop Manager?
    yeah do that, when i did my install a lot of stuff were not checked, I had to check them to make them work
    Only reason I even looked was because I needed to have the japanese language support added
    12-22-08 12:37 PM
    Yeah, I did that, too. A couple of times actually. Still no
    app center. Thanks anyway, though.

12-22-08 12:46 PM
    Yeah, I did that, too. A couple of rimes actually. Still no app center. Thanks anyway, though.

Try restarting your computer if you haven't done so and try again. Also, i had trouble getting Word Mole on my phone. I had to reinstall the update, restart my computer, reload DM and once i went to the App Loader... everything was there. For some reason it was only displaying applications i could remove, and not add.
    12-22-08 12:49 PM
    Maybe you dont see it because the icon is changed..
    12-22-08 12:53 PM
    nope... still not there. Im experiencing what they are.

went to .83 and reverted to .75

maybe ill try .76
    12-22-08 12:58 PM
    Did you guys do a wipe before upgrade?
    12-22-08 12:59 PM
    I did a wipe and reloaded .75 and mine is also gone...
    12-22-08 01:02 PM
    I'm missing them too. Did an install of .83 without the wipe and the phone locked up when I tried to reload my saved files. So did the JL wipe and the OS took fine but missing all my loaded apps and my browser. I did get everything else back and .83 is faster and running smooth. Just need to reload apps.

SidIrish
    12-22-08 01:03 PM
    Did you guys do a wipe before upgrade?
    I wiped before upgrade and everything was fine until i did a restore. Once i restored i lost my browser and app center... no clue why since they were previously on the device.

Also, you might wanna check your Downloads and/or Application folder if you haven't. After the update it put the Application Center in one of those folders. Once i got the phone i remember it being in the main set of icons... i might be wrong though.
    12-22-08 01:03 PM
    Also, you might wanna check your Downloads and/or Application folder if you haven't. After the update it put the Application Center in one of those folders. Once i got the phone i remember it being in the main set of icons... i might be wrong though.
    I swear I looked and looked and looked again in ALL my folders many times, but decided to look again anyway, and lo and behold there it was! In a folder I had created called Desktop. Don't know how it found its way in there, but I sure am glad to have it back!
    Last edited by StormLover; 12-22-08 at 01:35 PM.
    12-22-08 01:10 PM
    AppLoader did it for me. Thanks.
    12-22-08 01:10 PM
    Ya same here. Just update last night and no App center.
    Any word on how to fix it or should I just go back to the last OS?
    12-22-08 01:15 PM
    I swear I looked and looked and looked again in ALL my folders many times, but decided to look again anyway, and low and behold there it was! In a folder I had created called Desktop. Don't know how it found its way in there, but I sure am glad to have it back!
    Awesome! It never hurts to check again. Glad to hear you found it
    12-22-08 01:20 PM
    AppLoader did it for me. Thanks.
    Great! Glad it worked

Ya same here. Just update last night and no App center.
    Any word on how to fix it or should I just go back to the last OS?
    None of the above information helped?
    Last edited by cerpintaxt; 12-22-08 at 01:24 PM.
    12-22-08 01:21 PM
    Just got done searching the forums and someone said "UNPLUG YOUR INTERNET CONNECTION". I thought, 'How stupid.'

So, being a Nubie I listened to those with greater wisdom and experience and unplugged the internet connection, then went through the DM and what do you know? I've got my APs back.

Thanks to all you guys that make us feel stupid. It's wonderful when we can get our devices to work. So don't give up on us when we ask the same question a hundred times. We do appreciate you all.

SidIrish
    12-22-08 02:21 PM
    We do appreciate you all.
    Sure do!
    12-22-08 02:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD