Hey guys. I've had my storm since November and I've noticed that the Brickbreaker and Word Mole games have consistently been freezing and/or lagging out on me throughout all the software revisions launched to this date.

I've wiped the device a couple times and did fresh installs of a couple different OSes (including the current .90) but the games still lag, crash or both on a regular basis.

Any ideas? I have well over 45mb free for apps, and only the essentials open.

3rd Party Apps:

Youtube, Google Maps, Opera, Instango, Google Sync & Vringo

I originally thought it was the Google Sync going off in the middle of my game, but I tried deleting it and it didn't resolve the problem.
    01-28-09 11:05 AM
    I don't like BrickBreaker, so don't play it.

I like Word Mole, and play it, but mine acts the same. Lags pretty bad and sometimes locks up. I've usually been able to recover without having to pull the battery by switching back and forth between the home screen and the game, but it is frustrating.
    01-28-09 11:54 AM
    Too right -- and I have added no third party apps to my device. This issue got really challenging with OS .90, but I've tried the re-install idea and so far there have been no huge problems. Brick breaker stops inexplicably, but to get it going again I've just pushed the green phone button then backed out of that application and simply clicked the screen to get the ball moving again. Not that I'm concerned about the game in itself so much as the idea that pre-installed apps seem incompatible with the OS.
    01-28-09 12:04 PM
    Don't turn on the sound while playing Word Mole. It is much faster without.
    01-28-09 12:18 PM
    I never had an issue with Word Mole until upgrading to .90. Now it lags or freezes every 2 or 3 games. It's pretty unusable.
    01-28-09 01:09 PM
    Yeah, I've been keeping the sound off.
    01-28-09 01:53 PM
    I haven't experienced any lag problems on word mole, but I also have the sound turned off.
    01-28-09 01:57 PM
    my word mole froze up when i was DOING SO WELL. i swear i just wanted to throw the thing. on .90 too - i guess that's another issue
    01-28-09 02:01 PM
    Brickbreaker is terrible. The lag on the game is seriously bad. I cant get past level 18 without running out of lives because the ball disapears and reappears some whrere else on the screen and god forbid if you get the laser power up the game goes into the twilight zone lol. I even tried playing with all conections turned off (mobile network gps and bluetooth)and with out sound on. I really like this game but this lag is disgusting.
    Last edited by TommyDaGip; 02-11-09 at 01:09 PM. Reason: forgot something :(
    02-11-09 01:08 PM
    maybe it's my imagination but it seems like Word Mole lags on the bonus stage where you have to click as many peppers as you can in a limited amount of time. every time i click a pepper it flies up in the air and freezes momentarily... but the time ticking off the clock doesn't so you kinda get robbed. Irritating!
    02-11-09 01:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD