Of course they didn't. MS and Apple like opposites. MS can come up with great technology, but they suck at marketing it. I seriously think that the vast majority of us could do a better job than MS's marketing team. Apple, on the other hand, has brilliantly marketed technology that has already been leapfroged by other companies.

Admit it or not, the iPhone hardware isn't exactly "cutting-edge" anymore, compared to what's out there. Apple marketing just floods the screens with their products to push out knowledge of any other brand. As much of a bully tactic as it is, it works. But when was the last time you saw a commercial showcasing the abilities of the iPhone itself? All I've seen lately is the "75,000 apps" commercials. To me, it's just saying that the iPhone and iPod are zombie husks and the apps are like the organism that takes it over to make it dance, wiggle, fart, show directions, or what have you.

There's a MS rep over at the anythingbutipod site that's been answering a lot of ZHD user questions and he seems to be indicating that around the Black Friday shopping season, they'll start pushing the advertising and release of newer games and apps.

So far, the games released are on-par with games I've seen on the iPhone/iPod. I'm willing to wait the month and reserve my overall judgement until then.
    Yeah Apple has a monopoly on advertising. I mean they are the only able to hire all the good marketing people out there.
    10-13-09 10:20 AM
    Yeah Apple has a monopoly on advertising. I mean they are the only able to hire all the good marketing people out there.
    i blame the sheeple
    10-13-09 12:22 PM
    i blame the sheeple
    In a way this is true. Apple has marketed their products so heavily that essentially the people don't know there are other, equal or better products out there. And it just builds on itself as it goes.
    10-13-09 01:02 PM
    In a way this is true. Apple has marketed their products so heavily that essentially the people don't know there are other, equal or better products out there. And it just builds on itself as it goes.
    Yes I agree, Apple has a monopoly on marketing. The only company that knows how to market their products. It's all due to marketing, their products have no merit, it's all due to marketing. I mean the company having the highest satisfaction rates in the industry, it's all marketing I tell you.
    10-13-09 08:34 PM
    i blame the sheeple
    I agree, they are only following the marketing, what a bunch of lemmings.
    10-13-09 08:35 PM
    Yes I agree, Apple has a monopoly on marketing. The only company that knows how to market their products. It's all due to marketing, their products have no merit, it's all due to marketing. I mean the company having the highest satisfaction rates in the industry, it's all marketing I tell you.
    Easy there boy. Starting to put words in my mouth, are you now? Where did I say that Apple products aren't good?

You have to admit that there are a lot of other great products besides Apple. Tons of choices out in the world. Just that the general public doesn't hear about them because of Apple's heavy marketing, directly and indirectly.

Over on the abi forums, there are cases where the members have watched and listened to the sales people in retail stores (Best Buy, Target, WalMart, etc) give false claims about all the other products on display either out of pure lack of knowledge or otherwise and herd customers towards the iPods (either on display or by showing their own). A lot of the time, the only device activated and powered to try out is the iPod.

You can't say that things like that don't help Apple's marketing. While they are good devices in their own right, not allowing the general consumer to try out the other devices in the store does severely limits the exposure to other quality brands.

Maybe screen image or sound quality is important to Joe Buyer. If the only thing he's able to try out for himself at a retail store is an iPod or other Apple product, no surprises on what he's going to walk out of the door with, is there?

But we digress from the topic of the thread. Back to iPhone quality games on BBs!
    10-13-09 10:12 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD