EDIT: THE GAME IS NOW RELEASED! GET IT FROM THE CRACKBERRY STORE

You may remember me posting about this game several months ago, promising a Spring 2009 release date. Turns out, making games is hard and time consuming (who knew?), and this didn't even come close to happening. Also turns out that programming on a netbook in a tent in the rain (and occasionally snow) is not as conducive toward high productivity as you may think.

It's happening soon though. The dynamic duo known as Legally Addictive Games is almost ready to launch their first title, Addictive Tower Defense will be a go ever so soon.

We have recently (as in, this week) updated our site, and posted a bunch of new content for you to enjoy. On our end, the game is now feature complete, with all of the art work and programming done (except of course bug fixes, on the off chance that our code is not perfect), we just have to make it balanced and fun to play, which is again very much the opposite of easy. We're over the hump though, the difficult stuff is behind us, and it is now only a matter of time before we launch!

Addictive Tower Defense for the BlackBerry� - Coming Soon

Enjoy!

P.S. Here are a couple of other threads about this game from times past if you have no idea what I'm talking about.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/ad...efense-227969/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/re...e-game-211273/
    Last edited by mdkess; 11-14-09 at 11:07 AM. Reason: Outdated information, active thread.
    09-19-09 02:55 PM
    yep, just got the new email....waiting
    09-19-09 03:00 PM
    Looks sweet!
    09-19-09 03:36 PM
    wow looks good cant wait
    09-19-09 06:21 PM
    Was waiting for this so long that I don't have a BB anymore =P
    09-20-09 05:59 PM
    Tower defense are the best games, there is so much different kinds of strategies involved. I just hope it wont be one of those tower defenses that are too easy. A good idea would be to add save points based on strategies because tower defenses usually get ridiculously hard on the last levels and it takes starting all over again. Though this may be what the fun is all about :-)
    09-25-09 01:57 PM
    Hi coloringpoint, this is definitely going to be more than an easy tower defense game. Each map has multiple difficulty levels everything from beginner to levels I can't even beat yet! Don't worry though, they can all be beaten eventually.

It's definitely hard to stop the game from being too easy. We want people to be able to revisit their old strategies with our multiple save point system but we don't want them to have too easy of a time repeating their old scores to take over the leader boards. I know I've become addicted to varying my strategy subtly to try and extract a few more bonus points from the scoring system. With configurable fast forwarding up to 16x and the ability to advance waves early you can move through the game as quickly or slowly as you'd like.
    09-25-09 02:38 PM
    Tower defense are the best games, there is so much different kinds of strategies involved. I just hope it wont be one of those tower defenses that are too easy. A good idea would be to add save points based on strategies because tower defenses usually get ridiculously hard on the last levels and it takes starting all over again. Though this may be what the fun is all about :-)
    Worry not! Mike (aka. Legallyaddictive) sat me down at a Tim Horton's this very day and complained that my latest map was impossible to beat. Like he said though, we have multiple difficulty levels. The easiest difficulty is supposed to be easy - for the really casual users who are enthralled by our pretty graphics and for people who want to figure out the controls. In contrast, the hardest difficulty is designed for people who like yelling at their BlackBerry. There will of course be more than two difficulty settings.

This is of course assuming that we balance things properly. We're pretty badass tower defense players after this whole ordeal, I have to say.
    09-25-09 11:09 PM
    Sounds very interesting ^ hopefully its well put together be a classic for sure

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-09 10:08 AM
    Can't wait from this one to come out

09-26-09 12:39 PM
    I just started playing tower defenses and I am hooked! The last one I played was so easy it was kinda disappointing. After reading about this, I am so on board! Release it soon!
    10-03-09 01:55 AM
    I have bubble defense but I'm ready for a new one!

10-04-09 12:19 AM
    Good news everybody! Spring 2009 is finally here - we have released the game!

Get it exclusively on mobihand at Addictive Tower Defense - Games Blackberry Software

We even made a gameplay trailer here, showing off both the trackball and touchscreen versions:

Finally, the site has been updated with maps, towers, and highscore tables - Addictive Tower Defense for the BlackBerry� is Here!

Enjoy!
    11-06-09 02:27 PM
    I'm buying this for my Storm 2 Looks awesome!
    11-06-09 06:31 PM
    Good news everybody! Spring 2009 is finally here - we have released the game!

Get it exclusively on mobihand at Addictive Tower Defense - Games Blackberry Software

We even made a gameplay trailer here, showing off both the trackball and touchscreen versions:

Finally, the site has been updated with maps, towers, and highscore tables - Addictive Tower Defense for the BlackBerry� is Here!

Enjoy!
    Been waiting thank you for the link!!
    11-06-09 08:46 PM
    Finally a well made game that is priced appropriately. I just hope they implement my music suggestion =)
    11-09-09 01:53 PM
    Haha I love teh descriptions of your development woes.

Can anyone review how the game is? I love tower defense.
    11-13-09 07:54 AM
    same here, I'd love to hear how easy/hard it is
    11-13-09 11:49 AM
    BTW, pricing seems fair enough to me! I know this was a lot more work than some games that charge about the same price
    11-13-09 11:50 AM
    They have multiple difficulties per level and different levels are different difficulties, so it's adjustable.

Easily worth $5. Too bad I'm on a Pre now so I can't play it anymore...lol
    11-13-09 01:10 PM
    Thanks to the devs on this one. Been waiting for this game for a while now. I recently got tired of playing Fierce Towers so the timing on this one is perfect! The price is very reasonable if it is as good as I am expecting. Just purchased and downloaded it to the phone, so gonna start playing now!

Here is a Mobihand 20% software code for anyone that wants to use it to buy this game. Expires tomorrow 11/14 so snatch it fast!

FP012M573IOGS

Please post if you used the coupon. Enjoy!
    11-13-09 01:19 PM
    Wow! This is the first game I've seen that is worth paying for!
    11-13-09 06:43 PM
    Wow, thanks for all of the kind words guys!

One of the big worries we had while balancing it was that the more we played, the better we got, so what we thought was "easy" might be hard. We haven't had any complaints about the difficulty yet, so I think that we've come close anyway. That said, a few people have managed to beat Addictive on the leaderboards, so when we release the next few maps, I think that I might have to turn up the heat a bit ;-)
    11-13-09 06:52 PM
    Port it to webOs so i can still play my copy imo, lol...
    11-13-09 07:13 PM
    Def.. Worth every penny and it is addictive..

Thanks for this great game
    11-13-09 07:26 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD