The game in question is called BallDroppings and it's actually more of physics simulation than a game. The website is here. You can play a browser version here.

I purchased the J2ME version with the knowledge that it was written pretty generically (MIDP 2.0, CLDC 1.0, JTWI) and probably wouldn't work exactly right on my Bold, and I was correct. The game loads fine. The menu key brings up the command list. I can run through various commands like increasing gravity and air friction as well as resetting the spawn location. Honestly everything seems to work just fine except for the trackball input which you need to draw vertices.

Anyone with some java knowledge want to tackle trying to add some trackball support to this game? I'm waiting on a response from the author to make sure he A) doesn't want to work on this himself and B) doesn't mind me letting others try to work on it. PM me if you're interested and I'll hopefully be able to share some java files soon.
    Last edited by cmenglish; 04-14-09 at 03:35 PM.
    04-14-09 03:29 PM
    If all it is is the trackball controls that's pretty easy.

I bet there are other "issues" though. Practically every midlet I've seen murders the battery if you leave it running in the background (which was one of the issues I had to tackle with blockberry). Also is there a sound for the ball bouncing?
    04-14-09 03:53 PM
    I assume that there is probably sound (since it's an important part of the other versions) but I haven't been able to test that theory out yet since I can't draw any lines.
    04-14-09 04:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD