Ok, I need to download another game besides the pre-loaded Brickbreaker game! I am looking for a slots or blackjack game especially but when I have attempted downloads on some sites, they require carrier info and my carrier (Bell/Aliant) is never listed. Plus I downloaded one Blackjack version from 'bplay' and when I attempted to upload to my BB, it said the game would not work with my version of BB, dispute the fact I indicated at bplay.com that it was a 8130!

Suggestions?
    12-26-07 04:07 PM
    Read This:
    BlackBerry Search Results

The device software MUST be install on your computer or it will not work.
    12-26-07 04:48 PM
    Thanks for the reply. I have the latest version of the Desktop Software (v4.3), so I am not sure what the problems is. What there any updated versions of the program, say a version 4.3.x? Because the CD disk that came with my BB was loaded with v4.3...
    12-28-07 12:00 PM
    I don't think you understand.

You need to have three things installed.

Device Software on Blackberry
    Device Software on Computer
    Desktop Manager on Computer

Here is the master link for device software on your computer: BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites

It is not included on the CD you recieved with your phone.
    12-28-07 12:06 PM
    Device Software on Blackberry
    Device Software on Computer
    Desktop Manager on Computer
    Alltel just started carrying the 8130, and the device software is not availalble for the PC . . . what would you suggest I do? Be patient & wait or . . . ??
    12-28-07 12:22 PM
    Yeap, I am confused. I have the Desktop Manager on my PC (check)... so I guess I now have to download the "Blackberry 8130 Wireless Handheld" software on my PC and on my BB...? Alrighty, off I go.
    12-28-07 12:25 PM
    One other question... when I install the Device Software to my BB, will I loss any saved data or settings current on my BB?
    12-28-07 12:28 PM
    Alltel just started carrying the 8130, and the device software is not availalble for the PC . . . what would you suggest I do? Be patient & wait or . . . ??

Two things: Call Alltel and ask them for the device software and if they don't have it yet wait. But someone at Alltel has it they had to test the devices before mass production.
    12-28-07 02:05 PM
    One other question... when I install the Device Software to my BB, will I loss any saved data or settings current on my BB?
    I would back up as a matter of practice but you shouldn't lose anything but still backup.
    12-28-07 02:06 PM
    So I downloaded and installed the BB Device Software on my PC, and then uploaded it to my BB. I was a little worried when I found that the hour glass stayed on the screen for a while. Then the BB rebooted itself and seems to be working fine.

The only exception is the Blackjack game "Highroller" which only loads to the start page and does not load the game.
    12-29-07 09:52 AM
    Wow,

I am almost out of ideas. Maybe a couple more things.

Have you tried to reboot again
    Remove the game, reboot and reload the game.

That is pretty much all I have and welcome some fresh Crackberry brains on this one.
    12-29-07 09:57 AM
    I removed the version of Blackjack and attepted to download the cardpack Gold from this site... now I get the error: "Uncaught Exception: java.lang.Error"
    12-29-07 11:35 AM
    Even after an uninstall, reboot and reinstall, the same error occuries.
    12-29-07 11:44 AM
    Are you only getting the error when you start that program or when you boot your BB?

It could be a problem with the program.
    12-29-07 12:45 PM
    Problem is when I start the program.

The program is the Cardpack Gold (trial version) which I downloaded from here at Crackberry.
    12-29-07 05:22 PM
    So does anyone have a suggestion for this error?

Or does anyone have a suggestion on a Blackjack game that works for 8130?
    01-01-08 06:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD