A couple of issues with game volume.

First, I don't seem to have any way to control the volume level while a game is loaded. Is this a normal BlackBerry port issue due to games not being a big feature of this previously business-class device and maybe looking to better ports in the future?

Second, On about half my games, even plugging in the headphones doesn't shut off the very loud speaker. I had no idea this was not controlled via hardware, but apparently it's software controlled and some games ignore the hook or I don't know what! But I can't play about half my games at all with sound unless I'm some place I can make a lot of noise (which really I never am) so that sucks, although I'm getting used to silent gaming more as the days pass, so just more a curiosity thing at this point.

Any ideas what's up with these game volume issues? Has there been talk? Rumors? I'll take any info at all or just opinions... I'm at a loss. The only thing I can think is maybe my "not real expensive" games just aren't top-of-the-line code or ports ($3 games, which I find a good price for a phone game myself), so I'm curious if $10 or $15 games have this same issue? If not, maybe I'll splurge sometime. If yes, I definitely won't!
    06-04-08 12:53 AM
    I'd like to know this too.

I just bought the phone a few days ago, loaded a couple of games on it only to find that the volume blew my ears off! And the people in the room next door.

It seems to only have two options. "Sound off" or "Sound on". The volume buttons on the side don't do jack.
    04-16-09 06:12 AM
    Wow 10 months have gone by... I forgot all about this thread! You'd think more people would want to discuss this, to me sorta major-ish, issue. Surprising.

At any rate, I've moved all my gaming to an iPod Touch 2G anyways... I'd never give up my pearl for texting though, so I just carry two devices now... well 3 if I go geocaching cuz neither the touch nor the pearl have GPS *sigh* maybe someday I can get everything I want in one device, but I am not holding my breath.
    04-16-09 12:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD