i am thinking of swapping my storm2 for either droid or eris. i played with both yesterday and i like the feel of the eris better. i would like to download a nes/snes emulator for games as found on the iphone . can someone who knows android 1.6 and 2.0 tell me if this can be done on the eris? or can it only be done one the droid because of 2.0.

thnx
    Last edited by bandit059; 11-09-09 at 04:03 PM.
    11-09-09 04:01 PM
    Well I'm not sure about whether it can be done on 1.6 / Eris (I'm sure it can), but I know the NES and SNES emulators work absolutely wonderful on the Droid... but trying to play those games without a physical keyboard, I think you might hate it.

Now back to rescuing the princess...
    11-09-09 04:05 PM
    i really dont think a physical keyboard would be an issue . my iphone plays those emulators really well with the touch screen. i hope someone can tell me if there are emulators for the eris or is it only for the droid.
    11-09-09 04:31 PM
    Where can these be found and are there any decent free ones? I've seen some that won't save progress unless you pay. Games aren't that big of a deal to me to pay for them but if I can throw a couple emulators on my phone for free with a few games I would do it. Possibly a couple games that aren't as input sensitive/important like SimCity or something like that would be fun. It's an addictive game an would help to pass the time here and there.
    11-22-09 01:39 PM
    There are SNES NES and Genesis emulators on the marketplace, they work great on the G1 so they should run just fine on the Eris. The lite versions don't let you use save states, but the full versions are like $3 so totally worth it.
    11-22-09 09:34 PM
    Do they come with the games or do you have to buy all the games.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-09 09:36 PM
    You just download ROMs off any torrent site you can get a big zip with every SNES game if you look.
    11-23-09 11:10 PM
    I think is hilarious we're talking about android on crackberry.com.. I'm sending this reply from my moto Droid btw lol
    11-29-09 04:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD