How do I delete the games preloaded on this crappy 9700? I don't want to hide them I want them GONE!!!!
    04-15-10 06:04 PM
    You can't well the ones that are pushed bc they are just links. I know you can delete brickbreaker though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-10 06:08 PM
    Some of them can be deleted through Desktop Manager...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-10 06:09 PM
    How do I delete the games preloaded on this crappy 9700? I don't want to hide them I want them GONE!!!!
    Crappy 9700??? Why did you buy it if you think it's crappy???

And you are going to have to HIDE them... Gone, not possible... they will come back if you try to delete them from your Service Books, or try anything else.
    04-15-10 06:09 PM
    Crappy 9700??? Why did you buy it if you think it's crappy???

And you are going to have to HIDE them... Gone, not possible... they will come back if you try to delete them from your Service Books, or try anything else.
    Well I didn't know how much it sucked until I received it. It's not that bad, but seriously BB is pissing me off with these small phones, and the trackpad isn't a phenomenal as proclaimed. Even the BB 9000 wasn't big enough. Ah, oh well.

I need like....A IPAD.

But thanks for the help everyone, and I wish I could delete them because I hate seeing them but all is well guess I'll cope with it. Thanks again, and those were some FAST responses.

PLUS, it was that or...Well really wasn't a good amount of options on Tmobile that's as appealing as the 8900 but with 3G + 9700 specs.
    04-15-10 06:22 PM
    the obvious question is-If you didnt like it, why did you buy it?
    04-15-10 06:46 PM
    PLUS, it was that or...Well really wasn't a good amount of options on Tmobile that's as appealing as the 8900 but with 3G + 9700 specs.
    LMAO... the 8900 is SMALLER than the 9700, and does have the same specs as the 9700 without the 3G... first you want a BIGGER phone, then you talk about a smaller phone... again, LMAO!!!
    04-15-10 06:55 PM
    the obvious question is-If you didnt like it, why did you buy it?
    I just answered the question above your post, the obvious is that your either A. Mentally ******** Or B. Illiterate

LMAO... the 8900 is SMALLER than the 9700, and does have the same specs as the 9700 without the 3G... first you want a BIGGER phone, then you talk about a smaller phone... again, LMAO!!!
    I know it's smaller, that's why I wanted a bigger phone, a la the 9000. And I know it does, I just wanted 3G on my phone, so the 9000 fit perfect because of size/3G, but seeing as I couldn't get 3G on a unlocked phone...I went with the 9700.

Not really a choice of big Blackberrys on Tmobile, or in general at that, but I ain't paying $120 for that luxury with AT&T.
    Last edited by FreshThePoet; 04-15-10 at 07:00 PM.
    04-15-10 06:57 PM
    DynaTAC 8000X

Do it.
    04-15-10 07:17 PM
    I deleted all of the games off of my 9700. It's really easy to do.
    04-15-10 07:23 PM
    I deleted all of the games off of my 9700. It's really easy to do.
    The ones included? The links?
    04-15-10 07:37 PM
    [QUOTE=FreshThePoet;4994959]I just answered the question above your post, the obvious is that your either A. Mentally ******** Or B. Illiterate

I'll take A. and B.-can I be both?
    At least I didnt buy a phone I didnt like..............

Just joshin you a bit bro, no harm meant.
    Last edited by pilsbury; 04-15-10 at 08:01 PM.
    04-15-10 07:57 PM
    The ones included? The links?
    Yes, even the links. The only thing left is an empty fold named games.
    04-15-10 08:15 PM
    Some of you are so mean to each other. I thought I was a ****.

K_Bear, how'd you get rid of the links? Desktop Manager?
    04-15-10 08:38 PM
    To delete the links to the games/apps that as Virtual Preloaded Games, go into the service books and delete the ones for those apps. The Links to the games will go away.

I have to ask this though, why does it annoy you so much that those links are there? They take up only a few BITS, yes thats BITS of space, they don't affect the system in any way.
    I have owned many phones over the years, palm pilots, etc including 3 blackberries, and the 9700 is the BEST phone on the market for many reasons. It has its shortcomings, but I stick with it because no other phone is as secure as this one, IE as long as you have it setup right, its virtually unhackable. not to mention everything else it can do.
    04-15-10 08:50 PM
    Some of you are so mean to each other. I thought I was a ****.

K_Bear, how'd you get rid of the links? Desktop Manager?
    I've been looking for you.

To delete the links to the games/apps that as Virtual Preloaded Games, go into the service books and delete the ones for those apps. The Links to the games will go away.

I have to ask this though, why does it annoy you so much that those links are there? They take up only a few BITS, yes thats BITS of space, they don't affect the system in any way.
    I have owned many phones over the years, palm pilots, etc including 3 blackberries, and the 9700 is the BEST phone on the market for many reasons. It has its shortcomings, but I stick with it because no other phone is as secure as this one, IE as long as you have it setup right, its virtually unhackable. not to mention everything else it can do.
    Same reason it annoys a neat freak if one thing is out of place.

The 9700 is cool, I just wish Blackberry would make bigger devices. The OS for it I don't find too appealing, but it is what it is. A phone is better then NO phone.

& Thanks, it worked.

[QUOTE=pilsbury;4995208]
    I just answered the question above your post, the obvious is that your either A. Mentally ******** Or B. Illiterate

I'll take A. and B.-can I be both?
    At least I didnt buy a phone I didnt like..............

Just joshin you a bit bro, no harm meant.
    Oh ok then my bad, if I don't see a "lul" or a "haha" I just assume a person isn't saying it in a joking manner.
    Last edited by FreshThePoet; 04-15-10 at 09:19 PM.
    04-15-10 09:15 PM
    Ahhhh! Service books. That makes perfect sense. Ah duhhhhh! LOL.

Thanks!
    04-15-10 09:19 PM
    Ahhhh! Service books. That makes perfect sense. Ah duhhhhh! LOL.

Thanks!
    fcknbambola said it best. Thanks rdyoung. Like FreshThePoet mentioned, it's just nice not having those links around. Even though I've thrown them all in to a folder appropriately named Junk and hid it. Now the question is, will they re-appear after an OS update? Hmm... I might have to find out since there is an upgrade available that I have not loaded.

IMO, the 9700 is the best phone that I've owned. I've also had the Pearl, Curve 81xx, and Storm plus many others over the years that ran on Windows Mobile and Palm OSs. I will continue to stay in the Blackberry family in the future. At least then, when I get a new phone, I pretty much know how it functions and there is no learning curve to a new phone. I just don't have time any more to sit and learn all the neat little features on a new phone (although I constantly finding new stuff on the BB - like the $/SPKR activates the speakerphone - and it was my mom that told me about it.....) The iPhone does have a nice OS, I will admit that, but it's just not as nice as what the BB OS does for me. The iPhone just seems too much like a kid's phone... Hopefully your Bold will grow on you, FreshthePoet.

Derek
    04-15-10 11:35 PM
    fcknbambola said it best. Thanks rdyoung. Like FreshThePoet mentioned, it's just nice not having those links around. Even though I've thrown them all in to a folder appropriately named Junk and hid it. Now the question is, will they re-appear after an OS update? Hmm... I might have to find out since there is an upgrade available that I have not loaded.

IMO, the 9700 is the best phone that I've owned. I've also had the Pearl, Curve 81xx, and Storm plus many others over the years that ran on Windows Mobile and Palm OSs. I will continue to stay in the Blackberry family in the future. At least then, when I get a new phone, I pretty much know how it functions and there is no learning curve to a new phone. I just don't have time any more to sit and learn all the neat little features on a new phone (although I constantly finding new stuff on the BB - like the $/SPKR activates the speakerphone - and it was my mom that told me about it.....) The iPhone does have a nice OS, I will admit that, but it's just not as nice as what the BB OS does for me. The iPhone just seems too much like a kid's phone... Hopefully your Bold will grow on you, FreshthePoet.

Derek
    Thats a question running through my mind as well. I would think if you load an official release from your carrier, then they just might show up. I am also tempted to try resending the service books and see if they show up again that way.
    As for the iphone/9700 debate, My view is this. I can download and install any java based software designed for phones. Any and all shortcomings from the bb os, are shadowed into nonexistance by this simple fact, I can install what I want, when I want, from wherever I want. Without having to hack my phone to do it. AND the new OS versions made available, they are free, apple charges for the upgrades to the iphone/ipodtouch
    04-16-10 08:24 AM

Derek
    Ironically, they show back up even after deleting the service books. It's like they..UNDELETE themselves, but I was thinking of doing what you were doing. I'm going to make a folder, throw them in there, and hide it. I just hate to see all these icons in my "download" folder when I'm looking for stuff I downloaded you know? Least put them in games, a folder I NEVER use, but it's all good.

But thanks, I do love the Blackberries don't get me wrong. Once my case comes in, it should be as bulky as the 8900 I had w/ the same case. I just wish they would take off this "BBM Style" SMS, add profile sounds back to options, and make the settings like it was on my 8900/9000 (Since you adjust with a level from 1-10 and etc). It's all good though, *sigh*, if I could change would thing it would be the original threaded text being back, but it's all good.
    04-16-10 07:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD