Just wondering, it seems pretty sparse out there in the world of gaming for the Storm. I realize that Blackberries are most commonly thought of as business tools but I sure would like mine to more along the lines of a toy.
    04-23-09 03:46 PM
    uhh... Tiltris shows off it's tilting capability.
    04-23-09 03:48 PM
    uhh... Tiltris shows off it's tilting capability.
    Yeah, tried that, would much rather have the original Tetris, which I don't even think that's available, which is sad really.
    04-23-09 03:50 PM
    there is a game called berry labrinth or sumthing like that it is a beta but still fun
    04-23-09 03:51 PM
    there is a game called berry labrinth or sumthing like that it is a beta but still fun
    Yep, tried that one too. Fun but gets old real quick. Is this really the best of the best? My LG Chocolate had better games available. Thank you though for the recommendations.
    04-23-09 03:59 PM
    Give it time yet... I'm hoping for a good racing game, the accelerator would be perfect for that.
    04-23-09 04:02 PM
    Nintaii is pretty cool. Only 100 levels though, but still pretty fun. And yes, you have to pay for it.
    04-23-09 04:04 PM
    Nintaii is pretty cool. Only 100 levels though, but still pretty fun. And yes, you have to pay for it.
    I have this one, and I also think it's pretty cool, as well as Parking Lot. But I know the Storm is capable of doing much more. I realize that the Storm is still a baby and developers have some catching up to do. It's just hard sometimes to know your holding a pretty powerful piece of gear and not really have anything to show it off. I've got no ammo when friends are shoving there Iphones in my face.

By the way, I don't mind spending money on games, free bees are usually crap anyway.
    04-23-09 04:14 PM
    Flight Path. Thats it.
    04-23-09 04:21 PM
    Flight Path. Thats it.
    ............................Funny
    04-23-09 04:23 PM
    tiki towers is pretty sweet and its entirely touchscreen optimized. daytona usa is KINDA neat, its like the old iron-man off road, but it runs kinda choppy.
    04-23-09 04:26 PM
    Storm is NOT a baby anymore. Its about have a son in late 09 early 2010.

I know what you mean. What you want to see is some iPhone quality games and frankly that will never happen. At least we can brag about how the phone is more powerful hardware wise though!
    04-23-09 04:38 PM
    Storm is NOT a baby anymore. Its about have a son in late 09 early 2010.

I know what you mean. What you want to see is some iPhone quality games and frankly that will never happen. At least we can brag about how the phone is more powerful hardware wise though!
    Yep, this is exactly what I mean. I just wanted to avoid mentioning the iPhone as much as possible. I don't really understand why they are not pushing creativity on the Storm. If they really wanted it to be competition with the iPhone they would have sunk a chunk of money into the creation of quality applications and games. Powerful hardware is nice but totally useless if you have nothing to use it for. Like I said, there were better games on my LG Chocolate and that is pathetic.
    04-23-09 04:50 PM
    Agree, the Storm is hardly a baby now. From the same developer as Nintaii [mobigloo] Next is just as (if not more) addictive but doesn't really show off the Storms capabilities.

LOL, I would like to see Mario Carts on the Storm!
    04-23-09 04:52 PM
    I have this one, and I also think it's pretty cool, as well as Parking Lot. But I know the Storm is capable of doing much more. I realize that the Storm is still a baby and developers have some catching up to do. It's just hard sometimes to know your holding a pretty powerful piece of gear and not really have anything to show it off. I've got no ammo when friends are shoving there Iphones in my face.

By the way, I don't mind spending money on games, free bees are usually crap anyway.

How do you KNOW its capable of more?? it bogs down a locks up with simple applications under a couple 100K in size...

If you are tired of them shoving their iPhones in your face and are envious of their applications... there IS a simple solution, which I don't think I have to point out. But, honestly, I don't really think there is much more to pull out of the Storm.

What was it DAY ONE of the iPhone app store where they had several powerful 3D games??
    04-23-09 07:02 PM
    Yep, this is exactly what I mean. I just wanted to avoid mentioning the iPhone as much as possible. I don't really understand why they are not pushing creativity on the Storm. If they really wanted it to be competition with the iPhone they would have sunk a chunk of money into the creation of quality applications and games. Powerful hardware is nice but totally useless if you have nothing to use it for. Like I said, there were better games on my LG Chocolate and that is pathetic.
    The problem is the OS... plain and simple. It is old and outdated... it is basically the same platform that BB's were using 5 years ago, with some minor updates. Until they blow it up and start over, you are never going to see super powerful applications like we will see from the iPhone and Pre.

It would be the equivalent of Microsoft still trying to push Windows 3.1.1978393 on us in this day and age. A lot has changed and sometimes you need to blow everything up and start from scratch.
    04-23-09 07:06 PM
    It's just hard sometimes to know your holding a pretty powerful piece of gear and not really have anything to show it off. I've got no ammo when friends are shoving there Iphones in my face
    Send them an MMS and see what they do!! Or maybe bust out a pair of stereo blutooth headphones! If that doesn't impress them pull your battery out!!
    04-23-09 07:54 PM
    Well of course you'll be doing a battery pull. =p
    Send them an MMS and see what they do!! Or maybe bust out a pair of stereo blutooth headphones! If that doesn't impress them pull your battery out!!
    04-23-09 08:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD