Hey everyone,

I sent a support message to Smarter Apps regarding the fact that Angry Farm loses your level progress upon updating your firmware. Well I got a reply to that and much more.

This is for everyone finding some of the levels too hard:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Smarter Apps Support, Mar-03 14:56 (EST):
    Hello,
    Thank you for purchasing Angry Farm.

We think we have a fix for your problem but let us know if you don't like this fix.

There is a new version that we hope to post tomorrow. It has some speed optimizations included and it also has a message at the beginning of the game asking the user to close any applications that are running in the background.

The new version also makes the most difficult levels easier to pass by adding extra animals or more destructive animals.

There are also ten more free levels to play.

Thanks for your patience and thanks for letting us know where we can improve. We are working hard to improve based on the feedback we are receiving from customers such as yourself.

Best Regards,
    Smarter Apps Support

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

So in a nut case:

- Some levels easier
    - Speed optimisations and notifications
    - 10 more levels
    - Save progression fix (I'm guessing?)
    grover5, Appz-, Ray III and 1 others like this.
    03-03-11 03:19 PM
    Not sure if that means anything. Did the new version actually post or not?
    03-04-11 08:22 PM
    Ok, I see that they upgraded to 1.1.0. They have expressed that anyone that purchased would receive free upgrades for life. My question is how do I get my free upgrade. I never had this issue with App world, but since I purchased it off of Crackberry I do not know what to do next. Help me.
    03-04-11 08:47 PM
    Just go into My Apps in your account on the CB store and download the game again.
    squane123#CB likes this.
    03-04-11 08:53 PM
    AppWorld still has 1.0.86, hopefully they will update there soon. Why didn't I buy it from CB? lol.
    03-04-11 10:59 PM
    Done and Done thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    03-05-11 12:32 AM
    UPdate is still buggy.
    03-05-11 03:11 AM
    The update is running great on my 9650 but I still can't beat level 6 and no one will post tips and tricks! Grrrrrrrrrrr
    03-05-11 12:28 PM
    Update running very well on my Torch. I'm glad they've added more levels. Currently doing battle with Level 25!
    03-05-11 03:03 PM
    Still on level 27!!! Going on day #2! It's tough. If you get by it with the new version let me know how!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-11 05:11 PM
    The update is running great on my 9650 but I still can't beat level 6 and no one will post tips and tricks! Grrrrrrrrrrr
    I think it was because most of us failed the level but a glitch caused the game to believe we had completed the level. That happened on a few levels for me.
    03-05-11 07:50 PM
    Level 6 is now far too easy... you don't need any tips!
    03-05-11 08:00 PM
    Got the updated version for my torch. Runs smooth and is def a good game. Free upgrades is a nice feature. Its not perfect but its fun.

03-05-11 09:37 PM
    Playing the updated game and so far the Choppiness has been greatly reduced. The game now is enjoyable. But then you realize that those feelings have to end and you get to level 31. WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you kidding me. I have destroyed all foxes that I can actually see on the screen and still fail the level. What is up with that? Has anyone had this problem or has anyone actually finished this level?
    03-05-11 09:45 PM
    Launch the cow semi-horizontally and mash the trackpad-button repeatedly. The cow demo's the entire base of the structure. Level 6 complete.

gregski and Bad Larry like this.
    03-05-11 11:25 PM
    Can anyone help with level 10?

03-06-11 06:46 AM
    Any1 no how to update if u got the game free during the giveaway??

03-06-11 09:01 AM
    Launch the cow semi-horizontally and mash the trackpad-button repeatedly. The cow demo's the entire base of the structure. Level 6 complete.

Thanks for the tip. I was getting very frustrated. I do like how the update moves quicker. Makes it much more fun to play.
    03-06-11 10:48 AM

GREAT! Thanks!
    03-06-11 01:37 PM
    The update has made this game so much better.

03-06-11 01:41 PM
    Still waiting for AppWorld to release the update
    03-06-11 01:58 PM
    your App World client is most likely caching the old version, to clear your cache simply follow these steps.

For smartphones that use the SureType input method or are equipped with a QWERTY keyboard:

Open App World
    Hold down the ALT key -- Keep holding down the alt key for steps 3-5
    Press the r key
    Press the s key
    Press the t key
    Release the ALT key, the App World client will close automatically and the smartphone will become unresponsive for a moment while the cache data is cleared.
    Reopen App World
    Click on My World
    Login to load your list of Purchases
    You will now see the new version in your list
    Click Upgrade to download the upgrade

russnash likes this.
    03-06-11 02:21 PM
    your App World client is most likely caching the old version, to clear your cache simply follow these steps.

For smartphones that use the SureType input method or are equipped with a QWERTY keyboard:

Open App World
    Hold down the ALT key -- Keep holding down the alt key for steps 3-5
    Press the r key
    Press the s key
    Press the t key
    Release the ALT key, the App World client will close automatically and the smartphone will become unresponsive for a moment while the cache data is cleared.
    Reopen App World
    Click on My World
    Login to load your list of Purchases
    You will now see the new version in your list
    Click Upgrade to download the upgrade

Thanks! Didn't know you could do that. On my Storm2 I had to bring up the keyboard, hold down the number shift until it locked then type 1?2 (same keys as RST).

Thanks again!

Russ.
    03-06-11 03:13 PM
    No problem I had to use that tip too! The game play is so much smoother now. Lvl 31 is impossible to beat, its a glitch

03-06-11 03:27 PM
    I agree, the game is 100% better. I'm still on level 15 though.
    03-06-11 03:30 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD